four solid red lights on bird, then errors.
647 7 2019-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rcolman
lvl.2
United States

Attempting to fly my rather new Mavic 2 Pro this morning, some strange things happened.

First, all lighjts were glowing solid red on the bird.  Took off anyways, and started getting strange error messages:

* GPS weak when it should not be.
* IMU error, switching to secondary IMU
* camera not operating properly.

So, I successfully did a soft landing back at home point, no problem.

I would like to find out what happened, so I downloaded the logs for today, but not sure how to read them?

(I am leaving on a trip soon, and need to know what happened today, and if there is a problem.

Help, please.

- rick
2019-3-8
Use props
rcolman
lvl.2
United States

*** the second time, the forward status lights are solid red (camera end) while the rear lights are blinking green ***
2019-3-8
Use props
Game_of_Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706739 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I had a similar issue with my M2P where similar messages to yours came up before it dropped around 50ft within a few seconds.  

You can upload the logs using this link and I'm sure someone will be able to help - https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

I ended up contacting DJI support and they replaced my drone.  I had a replacement in under a week, the service was very good.

Good luck!

2019-3-9
Use props
rcolman
lvl.2
United States

Game_of_Drones Posted at 3-9 10:35
Hi,

I had a similar issue with my M2P where similar messages to yours came up before it dropped around 50ft within a few seconds.  

Looks like this is not working? I get a "site cant be found" when trying to upload the DAT file.

I sent it back for replacement via Care Refresh.

After paying $139 for the policy, they charged me an additional $119 for the exchange. Thje drone was purchased less than a month ago! What a rip-off!!
2019-3-9
Use props
Game_of_Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706739 ft
United Kingdom

rcolman Posted at 3-9 10:52
Looks like this is not working? I get a "site cant be found" when trying to upload the DAT file.

That's very frustrating, especially as it is so new.  I believe DJI have a 15-day period after the delivery date where a replacement/repair can be requested if there is an issue (I might be wrong on that), but I would've thought the warranty would cover any problems beyond this period.

Unless it was pilot error, I'm surprised DJI weren't more accommodating with this...

Good luck with the next one!

2019-3-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rcolman Posted at 3-9 10:52

I suspect you should have raised it as a warranty repair, care refresh is really just an insurance to cover all errors but with an excess to pay for a replacement.

One of the DJI Administrators here may offer to investigate your case and give you an update as to whether it should have been a warranty repair rather than a 'care refresh' claim.
2019-3-9
Use props
PWidmayer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 558268 ft
United States

Did you send it back without doing any troubleshooting? Usually there are a bunch of steps, firmware updates and that kind of stuff. If they said send it back then there must have been something wrong. Sorry to hear about your experience. Good luck with next one and fly safe!
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. If the aircraft status indicator will produce solid red lights then it means that the aircraft has a critical error warning. Could you please verify to us if you drone experience any accident? I would recommend refreshing or upgrading the firmware of your drone in any case that it hasn't been updated using the DJI Assistant 2 then re-calibrate the IMU and compass of your drone. However, if this troubleshooting steps won't work, I'm afraid that the aircraft needs to be sent into our repair facility for further evaluation. You may download the link of the DJI Assistant 2 below. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules