Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Added my FA# on the outside...
1633 14 2019-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

I'm doing what we're told here in the U.S. to do. Not a fan of making up my MP. I didn't mind having it inside the battery compartment.  Silly things law makers come up with.  Silly.
20190308_181516.jpg
2019-3-8
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ya and you have to censor it because otherwise basically DOXXing yourself (dumping personal info for world to see) posting the FAA Reg number
2019-3-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used a label maker for mine
2019-3-8
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-8 17:27
ya and you have to censor it because otherwise basically DOXXing yourself (dumping personal info for world to see) posting the FAA Reg number

Yea... figured I would prevent potential problems from having to say,  that wasn't my drone, lol. Maybe I shouldn't block my faa number,  then I could have an excuse. Joking.
2019-3-8
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-8 17:27

Can you explain more why we should keep it private. Excuse my ignorance, but I don't really understand privacy stuff. To me, it's like how my licence plate on my car is visible for everyone to see, but then Google blurs it out on Streetview to make it private. I don't understand.
2019-3-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TrevorSK Posted at 3-9 10:11
Can you explain more why we should keep it private. Excuse my ignorance, but I don't really understand privacy stuff. To me, it's like how my licence plate on my car is visible for everyone to see, but then Google blurs it out on Streetview to make it private. I don't understand.

with FAA reg number, you can look it up and get person's name, phone number, address, and possibly any affilated connections to the registration.  this basically puts you at potential risk of someone stealing your identity and also targeting you directly or indirectly..  FAA and FCC appears to have zero respect for privacy.

as for car license plate, there is no public data base online you can just type in someone's plate and steal their info or target them with.. this info tends to be contained and passed along a private network and database.    however reason plates are visible on cars on rear at very least for everyone to see is so we (other drivers and bystanders) can report violations to police and so easier for police to identify the cars...   the reason google maps sensors plates (and other services)  is cuz trolls and raid gangs online tend to false report and tie up resources for laughs and other risk is false reporting terroristic threats and turn this into new form of swatting someone, so they sensor it + databases are not public...        

but on a drone cant make plates or tags large enough for people on ground to read while someone tearing threw the air anyway...  and even if you could the FAA has no respect for privacy so if i was really evil i could take your tag, type it into FAA site and grab you address and physically bother you, or get your name, address and phone number which are listed under the FAA registration, and steal your identity.. while i wont list how to do that on a public forum, just say these 3 things make getting the rest of your info insanely easy.   then i can take out credit card under your name and info and ruin your life...
2019-3-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-9 11:32
with FAA reg number, you can look it up and get person's name, phone number, address, and possibly any affilated connections to the registration.  this basically puts you at potential risk of someone stealing your identity and also targeting you directly or indirectly..  FAA and FCC appears to have zero respect for privacy.

as for car license plate, there is no public data base online you can just type in someone's plate and steal their info or target them with.. this info tends to be contained and passed along a private network and database.    however reason plates are visible on cars on rear at very least for everyone to see is so we (other drivers and bystanders) can report violations to police and so easier for police to identify the cars...   the reason google maps sensors plates (and other services)  is cuz trolls and raid gangs online tend to false report and tie up resources for laughs and other risk is false reporting terroristic threats and turn this into new form of swatting someone, so they sensor it + databases are not public...        

"with FAA reg number, you can look it up and get person's name, phone number, address, and possibly any affilated connections to the registration. "

Where can we do that ?

I would think that the FAA has those details, and them being a responsible body have a duty of care to protect your personal data and ensure that it is only passed to appropriate authorities ?
But perhaps privacy of data is viewed differently in the USA, in Europe data protection is paramount now for businesses to be allowed to operate.
Anybody wants my address and phone number, all they need is my name and they can look it up in phone directory, where I have given them permission to publish those details.

From the FAA website:-

"The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) today posted a large database showing the city, state and zip code of each registered drone owner. Release of the database responds to a number of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests submitted since the new unmanned aircraft registration system began operating on December 21, 2015.
The FAA is not posting the names and street addresses of registered owners because the data is exempt from disclosure under a FOIA exemption that protects information in agency files from a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy."

So it looks like you're safe enough from identity theft via your FAA I.D.
2019-3-9
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

You can actually pay for service from DMV to provide owner data from vehicle LP.  
2019-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 3-9 11:50
"with FAA reg number, you can look it up and get person's name, phone number, address, and possibly any affilated connections to the registration. "

Where can we do that ?

Not sure if this contradicts what website says.

2019-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Where can we do that ?

I just can’t imagine anyone looking at people’s drones to find out where the live, it just seems like to much hard work .
2019-3-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-9 13:10
Not sure if this contradicts what website says.

https://youtu.be/GUtzho_t4Ko

I'm sure I heard 107 registered mentioned earlier in the video, also the fact that you can opt out of making this information available. Which if you were working in a professional environment you may want to publicise.
2019-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 3-9 13:25
I'm sure I heard 107 registered mentioned earlier in the video, also the fact that you can opt out of making this information available. Which if you were working in a professional environment you may want to publicise.

Maybe FAA covering all bases so on the whole looks like a good thing .
2019-3-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-9 13:30
Maybe FAA covering all bases so on the whole looks like a good thing .

It seems only to apply to 'certificated' airmen, not the hobbyist, the original ruling was released in 2000, the FAA page is dated 2016 and mentions specifically the protection of personal data for the hobbyist, many of which could be minors.

So looks like it only refers to professional 107 certificated users who have a choice to opt out if they wish.
2019-3-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Where can we do that ?

https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Inquiry.aspx

any info you entered/registered will appear...  i tried it on a few reg numbers i found and found alarming amount of info.   

and you need to respect your own privacy a bit more there are a lot of identity thefts that occur that don't seem to make sense to most everyone..  but like i said: legal name, phone number and real address and honestly it isnt that difficult for "hackers" to figure things out if they want to.  there was a few cases where these scums where able to steal phones numbers from victim's verizon wireless account by convincing them to that they were the account holder and getting a replacement sim card shipped to a drop location, then were able to use that new sim card in a burner phone to then crack their target victim's 2 factor authentication on their bank account and wire the money off into crypto market.. from there it "vanished"       this example is i think most easy to understand and explain... some people are even more scummy and able to completely doxx people (complete personal info dump) and then able to pretend they are them having history like related family, last 5 addresses, last 3-5 phone numbers, copy of your license, even even vehical plates and such..  sometimes this happens slowly, as to not raise alarm, over course of 12 months a "scummy hacker" could contact various agencies pretending to be you getting more and more info but never really using it... while not raising the alarm then they strike after pretty much stolen entire life and can run away pretending to be you for 24 hours stealing all your money and credit then vanishing...  its very disgusting and nearly impossible to track down because of how the process is handled..     the reason i know so much about this, i have run with the wrong crowd myself.... i never stolen anyone's identity but i been close enough to the people and crews that do this sorta stuff...
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing the image of your drone. We would recommend abiding by our local policy when in terms of flying our drones to avoid inconvenience. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules