Finally the quiet stealth Master Airscrew propellers available !
24317 167 2019-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Tony
Administrator

Lucas775 Posted at 3-10 18:11
It might make it faster
J/K

This accessory hasn't been tested by our engineers, therefore, we couldn't guarantee the outcome of using these propellers. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-11 07:27
than make an official set of low noise props, this shows you there is demand!

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. No worries, we will forward this suggestion to our designated department to see if we could offer low noise propeller for Mavic Air in the future. Thank you continued support.
2019-3-11
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansc8b00095 Posted at 3-11 09:24
A first test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsyM2S3JiU&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2IeND7-7rOQhlRbFFD8CL_QTAwH8k3AL1zC4cHceVuYrCi7Tup-lcW42A

Impressive....can't wait to test it.
2019-3-11
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

curious to see some hands on testing.
2019-3-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i just received mine!!!  just did a preliminary test and couldn't believe my ears.... waay quieter sounding outside!!! my testing was limited, its windy today 10mph winds + 20 mph gusts and cuz its "warm" outside for first time in months..  (50F+) everyone is out making noises and everything so i cant do a video comparison today.. but i did swap back and forth a bit cuz i couldn't believe my ears.. its so much nicer.    not perfect, DJI can optimize propulsion system more i think to get it little quieter maybe and was some judder i think ESCs dont understand extra efficiency and trying to zero it out and thus causes some occasional judder..  i also did not experiance max motor speed errors pushing full up on both sticks, which will trigger for my mavic air the max motor speed error on stock props pretty commonly..  i did however get motor current errors telling me to check the props and land asap.. very brief and only happened when pouncing around in sport mode... again i think its ESCs not having a good map of these props and effecincy causing it to be confused..

the other thing i noticed was less gimbal rock in sport mode going forward, harder to nail the end of the gimbal doing it..i guess doesnt need to lean as far forward to pick up speed.  flying into the wind i didn't "knock" the end of my gimbal but it did push down..so flying into the wind you still have to deal with it a bit, i bet with propulsion system update dji could find that curve make it less aggressive.    didn't do much side to side testing but i think was slightly less, was hard to test with wind flying sideways in this area, a lot of trees.  again dji could refined this curve a bit  i dont think needs to be as aggressive.  i think they made it those aggressive cuz of how bad the OEM props are.  the juddering at times definitely tell tail sign as well as seems like trying to zero out not expecting the response it gets from these props
2019-3-11
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-11 10:49
i just received mine!!!  just did a preliminary test and couldn't believe my ears.... waay quieter sounding outside!!! my testing was limited, its windy today 10mph winds + 20 mph gusts and cuz its "warm" outside for first time in months..  (50F+) everyone is out making noises and everything so i cant do a video comparison today.. but i did swap back and forth a bit cuz i couldn't believe my ears.. its so much nicer.    not perfect, DJI can optimize propulsion system more i think to get it little quieter maybe and was some judder i think ESCs dont understand extra efficiency and trying to zero it out and thus causes some occasional judder..  i also did not experiance max motor speed errors pushing full up on both sticks, which will trigger for my mavic air the max motor speed error on stock props pretty commonly..  i did however get motor current errors telling me to check the props and land asap.. very brief and only happened when pouncing around in sport mode... again i think its ESCs not having a good map of these props and effecincy causing it to be confused..

the other thing i noticed was less gimbal rock in sport mode going forward, harder to nail the end of the gimbal doing it..i guess doesnt need to lean as far forward to pick up speed.  flying into the wind i didn't "knock" the end of my gimbal but it did push down..so flying into the wind you still have to deal with it a bit, i bet with propulsion system update dji could find that curve make it less aggressive.    didn't do much side to side testing but i think was slightly less, was hard to test with wind flying sideways in this area, a lot of trees.  again dji could refined this curve a bit  i dont think needs to be as aggressive.  i think they made it those aggressive cuz of how bad the OEM props are.  the juddering at times definitely tell tail sign as well as seems like trying to zero out not expecting the response it gets from these props

Unfortunetly, DJI won’t do a thing since these are third party...  well at least they’re quieter.
2019-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

i just received mine!!!  just did a preliminary test and couldn't believe my ears.... waay quieter sounding outside!!! my testing was limited, its windy today 10mph winds + 20 mph gusts and cuz its "warm" outside for first time in months..  (50F+) everyone is out making noises and everything so i cant do a video comparison today.. but i did swap back and forth a bit cuz i couldn't believe my ears.. its so much nicer.    not perfect, DJI can optimize propulsion system more i think to get it little quieter maybe and was some judder i think ESCs dont understand extra efficiency and trying to zero it out and thus causes some occasional judder..  i also did not experiance max motor speed errors pushing full up on both sticks, which will trigger for my mavic air the max motor speed error on stock props pretty commonly..  i did however get motor current errors telling me to check the props and land asap.. very brief and only happened when pouncing around in sport mode... again i think its ESCs not having a good map of these props and effecincy causing it to be confused..

Good news, looking forward to getting mine but could be a couple of weeks yet.

Incidentally max motor is not an error, it’s just telling that your motors are at maximum output .
2019-3-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 13:53
Good news, looking forward to getting mine but could be a couple of weeks yet.

Incidentally max motor is not an error, it’s just telling that your motors are at maximum output .

ya far less buzzy sounding and ya know what im saying..getting max motor speed feedbaxck
2019-3-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

i just received mine!!!  just did a preliminary test and couldn't believe my ears.... waay quieter sounding outside!!! my testing was limited, its windy today 10mph winds + 20 mph gusts and cuz its "warm" outside for first time in months..  (50F+) everyone is out making noises and everything so i cant do a video comparison today.. but i did swap back and forth a bit cuz i couldn't believe my ears.. its so much nicer.    not perfect, DJI can optimize propulsion system more i think to get it little quieter maybe and was some judder i think ESCs dont understand extra efficiency and trying to zero it out and thus causes some occasional judder..  i also did not experiance max motor speed errors pushing full up on both sticks, which will trigger for my mavic air the max motor speed error on stock props pretty commonly..  i did however get motor current errors telling me to check the props and land asap.. very brief and only happened when pouncing around in sport mode... again i think its ESCs not having a good map of these props and effecincy causing it to be confused..

Ordering mine today.  DJI you guys are missing out a lot, should come out with quite props and on the side note I just took out my ad to sell my Mavic Air I will keep it now since a solution is now available.
2019-3-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 3-11 16:36
Ordering mine today.  DJI you guys are missing out a lot, should come out with quite props and on the side note I just took out my ad to sell my Mavic Air I will keep it now since a solution is now available.

agreed, DJI is missing out!   

this isn't perfect solution, i imagine these are a compromised solution to make them work without DJI adding in propulation optimizations needed for much better props.  but they are much quieter feeling and i am again happy
2019-3-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-11 16:58
agreed, DJI is missing out!   

this isn't perfect solution, i imagine these are a compromised solution to make them work without DJI adding in propulation optimizations needed for much better props.  but they are much quieter feeling and i am again happy

I flew My M2pro and air yesterday and the air is so much louder, it is almost embarrassing to fly it.  Now I will be happy again also.
2019-3-11
Use props
XAFAfterShock
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40771 ft
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 3-11 17:11
I flew My M2pro and air yesterday and the air is so much louder, it is almost embarrassing to fly it.  Now I will be happy again also.

its embarrassing to say the least, I flew my drone to my dad's house which is 2 blocks away and I had about 5 birds circling my drone the whole time, they weren't being territorial or anything which makes me wonder if they were just laughing at how loud it was.
2019-3-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

XAFAfterShock Posted at 3-11 20:05
its embarrassing to say the least, I flew my drone to my dad's house which is 2 blocks away and I had about 5 birds circling my drone the whole time, they weren't being territorial or anything which makes me wonder if they were just laughing at how loud it was.

it hurts their ears i think...  
2019-3-11
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

fansc8b00095 Posted at 3-11 09:24
A first test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsyM2S3JiU&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2IeND7-7rOQhlRbFFD8CL_QTAwH8k3AL1zC4cHceVuYrCi7Tup-lcW42A

I am sorry to say, but I am not convinced, indoor totally not, but it wouldn't be so important. Outdoor seems better, but the higher pitch is still audible. I will order and try of course, but  I feel more and more to change MA for M2P. My son's M2P's flight is silent, not spoken the atomic sure  connection,  distance possibilities. MA is a very good drone except its voice, which is unacceptable (at least for me) more.
2019-3-12
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

It's a good thing that  les high pitch props appear in the market, but the shipping costs are almost the same as the product itself and it takes more than 15 days to arrive... So I will wait until there are more video reviews. The video provided only offers very limited real experience.
2019-3-12
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

XAFAfterShock Posted at 3-11 20:05

Even the birds are making fun of the Air due to the loudness of it
2019-3-12
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

that's a good news
waiting now for some video from U. Maybe u can use phone as dB meter/spectrum meter - so difference can be seen (othert then just audible difference)
I'm happy there is a hope...

and really DJI, shame on You - we had to wait so long for a 3rd party to jump in with solution!
2019-3-12
Use props
fans4ff637cd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 984977 ft
France

DJI vous êtes pas assez réactif      bonjours de france
2019-3-12
Use props
zguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243796 ft
United States

2019-3-12
Use props
fans4ff637cd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 984977 ft
France

super le test
2019-3-12
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

I know what treat I am buying for my Mavic Pro - a set of orange props. 2db over the DJI's low-noise props and (maybe) better visibility in the sky. Anyway, they look pretty sturdy and are worth a try on my ageing, yet trusty Mavic.
2019-3-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Great test , but looking and listening, looking they all seem to register around the same dB , listening parrot probaly sounded the best master screw next and dji last. The claim of 3 dB lower does not show in your test, but perhaps masterscrew sounds a bit better .
2019-3-12
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KREMi Posted at 3-12 04:26
that's a good news
waiting now for some video from U. Maybe u can use phone as dB meter/spectrum meter - so difference can be seen (othert then just audible difference)
I'm happy there is a hope...

i dont have any good or working equipment for proper testing of frequencies and actual Db readings of specific sound pressures. and i just dont trust iPhone app readings for sound..   

i can maybe try to extract the sound from a video and see if i can map out frequencies and Db and compare them...  ill experiment with this, i'm pretty much going into it blind since im just theorizing a concept.     

EDIT: nvm looks like wont need to do much testing/videos...  this video posted above nails it's pitch change.  it is a bit more buzzy sounding than mine are, i assume this is down to quick release mount having tiny bit of play in it allowing small amount of wiggle..
2019-3-12
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

good video..maybe  dont have to do my testing...  thats about right for the pitch change.    though it does sound a bit more buzzy than mine does..maybe a loose mount on a quick release? i noticed that with stock props if bit of play where slightly wiggle it after mounting then its more buzzy..
2019-3-12
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-12 07:50
Great test , but looking and listening, looking they all seem to register around the same dB , listening parrot probaly sounded the best master screw next and dji last. The claim of 3 dB lower does not show in your test, but perhaps masterscrew sounds a bit better .

this is the issue of using iOS/Android...  not accurate at reading specific measurements of sound and auto gain.. as well as usually volume normalization filtering (to even sound out on both ends).

is it quieter on sound pressure level..? probably is slightly maybe up to 3.5Db quieter on measurement level with right gear... but real advantage comes from frequency not being nearly as annoying.   

the master airscrew props are a compromised design because mavic air doesn't have propulsion optimizations needed for more aggressive props, however even in this case, my props i got from master airscrew are not buzzy sounding at all, they are a very tight fit into my quick release connection, which is where i assume buzzing comes from.  if tiny bit of play on a quick release it buzzes more..

2019-3-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-12 10:00
i dont have any good or working equipment for proper testing of frequencies and actual Db readings of specific sound pressures. and i just dont trust iPhone app readings for sound..   

i can maybe try to extract the sound from a video and see if i can map out frequencies and Db and compare them...  ill experiment with this, i'm pretty much going into it blind since im just theorizing a concept.     

Might try looking for a Audio spectrum analysis program.  Used to have one on my old MacBook Pro.  Think it was freeware, and did a very good job of showing dB levels across audio frequencies.

Part of what may be effecting perceived differences in OEM blades vs. 3rd Party blades is who is listening.  Young person can hear very high frequencies that older people can not not.  
2019-3-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Well done.  
2019-3-12
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-12 10:32
Might try looking for a Audio spectrum analysis program.  Used to have one on my old MacBook Pro.  Think it was freeware, and did a very good job of showing dB levels across audio frequencies.

Part of what may be effecting perceived differences in OEM blades vs. 3rd Party blades is who is listening.  Young person can hear very high frequencies that older people can not not.

audacity is the app   but given someone already showed differences in a isolation chamber type thing.. which is better than i have, i think that's nearly sufficient.   the only differance is mine doesn't buzz as much, min was a tight fit into the quick release so zero play with props which i think attributing to the buzziness this video shows.
2019-3-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-12 10:43
audacity is the app   but given someone already showed differences in a isolation chamber type thing.. which is better than i have, i think that's nearly sufficient.   the only differance is mine doesn't buzz as much, min was a tight fit into the quick release so zero play with props which i think attributing to the buzziness this video shows.

Hopefully, possibly, maybe, the Master Airscrew props for different birds will prompt / prod bird makers into drastically improving their own props to where noise levels are much lower.
2019-3-12
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-12 10:51
Hopefully, possibly, maybe, the Master Airscrew props for different birds will prompt / prod bird makers into drastically improving their own props to where noise levels are much lower.

ya, now that its more than a proof of concept..hopefully dji atleast takes notice a bit more.   

i mean one claim im failing to validate is 2.5 minutes more runtime..  my runtimes already can vary 2.5 minutes charge to charge in real world..  but i do think they have to be more efficient, just physics..having to work less..   

last run i got was 14:34 was with some sport mode at full bore on returning home and wasn't my best or newest battery and it was yesterday in the windy conditions i think that's actually an improvement given windy conditions.  haven't flown today yet because location is not ideal.   i may on putting my bird up in a bit anyway and do a test with a better battery.
2019-3-12
Use props
Alex1976
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556867 ft
Italy

It would be great if DJI put some efforts to support these low noise propellers by adjusting ESC parameters (if it is possible....)
However this is a good starting point to enjoy the mavic air without annoying noise. For sure i will order its.
2019-3-12
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 3-12 07:50

In the second half of the video, with the last tests, I could see a difference in a bit more than 2 dB difference compared to the default props. And as others commented, maybe the difference in volume is not that big, but the change in pitch is quite welcomed
2019-3-12
Use props
OldFaflyers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26555 ft
Australia

It sounded like running at a lower rpm. He should really add the tacho and thrust test
2019-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bokepacha Posted at 3-12 23:39
In the second half of the video, with the last tests, I could see a difference in a bit more than 2 dB difference compared to the default props. And as others commented, maybe the difference in volume is not that big, but the change in pitch is quite welcomed

Yeah I kinda watched it again it does show some lower dB and yes pitch sounds better.

I think problem with MavAir props is a lot to do with user noticing the loud whining sound, all drones are loud to those who don’t own one and hear them occasionally, if someone is particularly complaining about MavAir noise, then I would think that user is flying to close to those people.
I have to put up with my neighbors very loud lawnmower for two hours every week, so he has no problem with my 2 minutes taking off and landing so long as it’s not to early in the morning. ;+):::::::
2019-3-13
Use props
Crash-Test-Dummy
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-11 09:34
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. No worries, we will forward this suggestion to our designated department to see if we could offer low noise propeller for Mavic Air in the future. Thank you continued support.

I doubt much will happen.  The Air seems to have been orhpaned while DJI chases new models, like the various iterations of the Pro.  IIRC, there was a poll or at least a thread a year, or so ago asking what accessory people would like to see for the Air.  The overwhelming response with quieter props.  That went nowhere.  It could have been just a 'what if?' sort of thing, but owners have been asking for quieter props for their Airs since they first came out.  

At $30-something US delivered, I may get a set myself.  

2019-3-13
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

thanks for vid! - really nice work. I like the pitch lowering, same as dB decrease
looks it's a worthy product to invest too bad we can't get even better results with some ESC tuneup.
2019-3-14
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Lucas775 Posted at 3-10 18:11
It might make it faster
J/K

More reliable
2019-3-14
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received mine.
Thanks Master Airscrew!
Going for some test flight now
20190314_183538.jpg
2019-3-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 3-14 14:38
I just received mine.
Thanks Master Airscrew!
Going for some test flight now

They gave you a free hat very nice. Good luck .
2019-3-14
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Very true, since Master Airscrew have been around for a while.
2019-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules