Excessive Charges for Care Refresh Replacement
1161 6 2019-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rcolman
lvl.2
United States

I haved purchased thrre Care Refresh Policies, but never needed to file as claim.

My first claim was yesterday on a new Mavic 2 Pro purchased around 2/18/19.

After just a few flights, thje bird becae erratic, threw multiple iunrelated error messages, and the IMU would not calibrate.
there was no crash, no physical damage, etc. Probably "infant mortality" on ther motherboard, etcc.

The DJI service rep recommended sending it for repair or replacement. Because I leaving for a trip in two weeks, I chose CARE REFRESH
instead of warranty replacement.

The warranty replacement would have been free of charge, but I was surprised to see an additional charge of $119  for Care Refresh.

It does not seem equitable to pay this much money to essentially "expedite"  the warranty replacement process, and would like to
request a review of the situation and refund of some charges.

Thank you
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi rcolman, sorry to know that you are having issues regarding with your replacement request. I was able to check the case and based on what I can see it has been created under DJI Care refresh express replacement. Please be advised that the $119 is the replacement fee under the DJI Care refresh and since it is under refresh express the Damage assessment and quotation process are not required, which shortens the time required for replacement. Regarding with the regular replacement, please be advised that we only have 14 calendar days after you had activated the unit, for you to be able to request for a replacement. Since it was been activated last Feb 18, 2019. The option we have for you is a regular repair request or a replacement under DJI Care refresh. Thank you for understanding.
2019-3-9
Use props
rcolman
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 3-9 15:19
Hi rcolman, sorry to know that you are having issues regarding with your replacement request. I was able to check the case and based on what I can see it has been created under DJI Care refresh express replacement. Please be advised that the $119 is the replacement fee under the DJI Care refresh and since it is under refresh express the Damage assessment and quotation process are not required, which shortens the time required for replacement. Regarding with the regular replacement, please be advised that we only have 14 calendar days after you had activated the unit, for you to be able to request for a replacement. Since it was been activated last Feb 18, 2019. The option we have for you is a regular repair request or a replacement under DJI Care refresh. Thank you for understanding.

I understand that is your official policy, probably created by your home office team of financial planners and marketing staff.  I should have read the  "fine print"  more carefully.

I am just saying that it does not seem equitable.

For example, the additional replacement payment might be waived within the first 30 days after purchase, when the fault is deemed to be manufacturing defect.

The current policy leaves a bad impression witereh customers and users. For example, my steam of r payments was:

- $1500 for the drone
- $250 for extra batteries
- $200 for accessoriesruuct
- $139 for care refresh

And then $119  deductible on the replacment.
d
This is a consumer product - no incom

I appreciate your advanced technology and generally good, but bleeding edge products. I have bought 3 DJI after the 3DR SOLO.

PLEASE DONT price me out of the market!
2019-3-9
Use props
rcolman
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 3-9 15:19

I understand that is your official policy, probably created by your home office team of financial planners and marketing staff.  I should have read the  "fine print"  more carefully.

For example, the additional replacement payment might be waived within the first 30 days after purchase, when the fault is deemed to be manufacturing defect.

The current policy leaves a bad impression witereh customers and users. For example, my steam of r payments was:

- $1500 for the drone
- $250 for extra batteries
- $200 for accessoriesruuct
- $139 for care refresh

And then $119  deductible on the replacment.
d
This is a consumer product - no incom

I appreciate your advanced technology and generally good, but bleeding edge products. I have bought 3 DJI after the 3DR SOLO.

PLEASE DONT price me out of the market!
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

rcolman Posted at 3-9 18:38

We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Whether the fault is is manufacturing defect can be confirmed after the local team received the package and did the damage assessment. In this kind of situation, we sincerely suggest you start a repair case to send the unit in.

For the additional replacement fees, you may refer to more details here: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-care-refresh-mavic-2
DJI Care Refresh.png
2019-3-10
Use props
rcolman
lvl.2
United States

Just to complete the explanation, in this case I need rapid turn around - I am smooth supposed to get areplacement shipped under refresh within 24- 48 be hours. Warranty repairs can take weeks.

so I pay ...
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

rcolman Posted at 3-10 01:24
Just to complete the explanation, in this case I need rapid turn around - I am smooth supposed to get areplacement shipped under refresh within 24- 48 be hours. Warranty repairs can take weeks.

so I pay ...

HI there rcolman, after payment confirmation, we will ship out the replacement aircraft within 24 to 48 hours. You will surely be notified via email with the progress. You may also check it online kindly visit the here . Thank you.
2019-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules