1095 16 2019-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Banjo Norfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49921 ft
United Kingdom

Hi ,

Is there anyway to make the gimbal stay in its starting position ? , Meaning if I handheld the drone and pointed it at a tree ... when I tilt the drone upwards I want the camera to move with the drone , rather than the lens still pointing in the same position ,

Hope this makes sense , I've rewrote this many times

2019-3-9
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

What drone? On the mp you have fixed wing, that should do the trick. On m2 this is as I believe not implemented
2019-3-9
Use props
Banjo Norfolk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

GhostWolf010 Posted at 3-9 13:24
What drone? On the mp you have fixed wing, that should do the trick. On m2 this is as I believe not implemented

Hi ,
Thanks Ghostwolf , I have the Mavic 2 zoom , maybe it'll have an update in the future

Thanks
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Banjo Norfolk, thanks for reaching out.  May I know if you are planning to link your phone directly to your aircraft as a handheld device? If yes, as mentioned on your previous post, it is not possible since your drone  doesn't support the wi-fi connection to link it directly to your phone. What I can do is, I can forward your query to our related team to check if there's other way for this. Thanks for your support and patience.
2019-3-9
Use props
Banjo Norfolk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-9 15:28
Hi Banjo Norfolk, thanks for reaching out.  May I know if you are planning to link your phone directly to your aircraft as a handheld device? If yes, as mentioned on your previous post, it is not possible since your drone  doesn't support the wi-fi connection to link it directly to your phone. What I can do is, I can forward your query to our related team to check if there's other way for this. Thanks for your support and patience.

Hi Paladin ,

You can't connect the mavic 2 straight to the phone because like you said it has no wifi , but if you use the controller too ... you can use it handheld , so I was wondering if you can indeed lock the gimbal to use as a standard point and shoot
2019-3-9
Use props
Banjo Norfolk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Like this :
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Banjo Norfolk Posted at 3-9 15:34
Hi Paladin ,

You can't connect the mavic 2 straight to the phone because like you said it has no wifi , but if you use the controller too ... you can use it handheld , so I was wondering if you can indeed lock the gimbal to use as a standard point and shoot

Thanks for your prompt reply. This query has already been forwarded to our designated team. I will give you a feedback as soon as possible once I receive a response from them.
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Yes, I understand. By the way, great find. Hopefully there's a work around on this kind of scenario. Appreciate your patience. Thank you.
2019-3-9
Use props
Banjo Norfolk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-9 15:43
Yes, I understand. By the way, great find. Hopefully there's a work around on this kind of scenario. Appreciate your patience. Thank you.

Many thanks , appreciate it
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Banjo Norfolk Posted at 3-9 15:47
Many thanks , appreciate it

You're most welcome. Cheers!
2019-3-9
Use props
Crash&Burn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you questioned the manufacture of that device? It's an interesting question, because the gimble is trying to keep your video steady as you move around, that is of course what the gimble does. So, not sure how it would keep the video steady and still move like you want, but I would like to know the answer.
2019-3-9
Use props
Banjo Norfolk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Crash&Burn Posted at 3-9 20:32
Have you questioned the manufacture of that device? It's an interesting question, because the gimble is trying to keep your video steady as you move around, that is of course what the gimble does. So, not sure how it would keep the video steady and still move like you want, but I would like to know the answer.

Totally agree , if you locked the gimbal then it's not a gimbal ,

also the drone only tilts quickly when it goes backwards and forwards , so when you tilt the drone handheld the camera stays pointing forward ,

Done a picture to make more sense
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Crash&Burn Posted at 3-9 20:32

Hi Crash&Burn, we do appreciate your interest in our products.  I'll give you the answer once I receive the feedback. Thank you.
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Banjo Norfolk Posted at 3-10 05:13

also the drone only tilts quickly when it goes backwards and forwards , so when you tilt the drone handheld the camera stays pointing forward ,

I understand, as of the moment, I'm still waiting for an update. Thanks for your continued support and understanding. Cheers!
2019-3-10
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

Do you have a link to this device?
2019-3-10
Use props
Banjo Norfolk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RichInGa Posted at 3-10 17:37
Do you have a link to this device?

Hi Rich , what device do you mean
2019-3-10
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Banjo Norfolk Posted at 3-10 05:13

also the drone only tilts quickly when it goes backwards and forwards , so when you tilt the drone handheld the camera stays pointing forward ,

The reason the  gimbal probably does this is because the aircraft believe it is flipped over and is trying to keep the gimbal from damaging its self. Remember that there are end points which act as limiters for the motors, and if you havent met that requirement where the gimbal flat out stops moving, then the gimbal will try to remain on the horizon. I am sorry if my rambling might not make sense, but the best I can offer is to use FPV mode, as I would think that would allow the camera to get what you want it to do.
2019-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules