7863 20 2019-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nothing better than packing up for a trip; all too easy to forget something essential that messes everything up.  So whilst getting things ready for my upcoming trip to Iceland, I figured I'd make a short video on what I do to make sure everything is packed.
Obvious stuff to some; useful stuff for others hopefully.
Cheers,
Ian

2019-3-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks for the video, enjoy Iceland, it’s a Mecca for photography, one piece of advice I will give you is don’t try to fit everything in, Make the most of the places you go to, if you miss something it only means you need another trip to take it in.
Good Luck
2019-3-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing this informative video.
2019-3-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see
Interesting stuff!
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Wellsi, nicely done! Thanks for sharing.
2019-3-10
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-10 03:35
Thanks for the video, enjoy Iceland, it’s a Mecca for photography, one piece of advice I will give you is don’t try to fit everything in, Make the most of the places you go to, if you miss something it only means you need another trip to take it in.
Good Luck

Thanks Hallmark.
Yes, already realised however much time we have won't be enough...  Will pace ourselves and see how we get on...
Cheers
Ian.
2019-3-11
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Wet wipes and toilet roll.

Nothing more annoying than having to take a dump and ...

2019-3-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Enjoy the trip Ian - Iceland is a heaven for drones - look forward to seeing the footage on your return.
2019-3-11
Use props
djiuser_UbgGtLgPupJP
lvl.2

Hong Kong

thanks for sharing!
2019-3-13
Use props
JHollimanPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82802 ft
United States

No actual DSLR? I love the compactness of your kit but you're missing out on quality photos without a Mirrorless/DSLR, in my opinion.
2019-3-13
Use props
JHollimanPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82802 ft
United States

edit: whoops. accidental spam
2019-3-13
Use props
Hartyaj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49478 ft

Australia

Great video, looking forward to seeing how the cord for the Osmo Pocet to mobile goes. And where you got it from ?
2019-3-14
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Thanks for tips!
2019-3-14
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Iceland

JHollimanPhoto Posted at 3-13 23:46
No actual DSLR? I love the compactness of your kit but you're missing out on quality photos without a Mirrorless/DSLR, in my opinion.

My Travel buddy Stu has the Canon 5DS DSLR... he does ground work, I do aerial   

2019-3-14
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Good info. Thanks for sharing.  
2019-3-15
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks pretty much the same kit I take away I just add the Canon 80d and a few lenses, If its just a weekend away and I have to travel light I just take the Mavic Air as is so compact  I can take it on ordinary days out just in case there is a vista that needs an an overhead or pan shot!

Iceland is on my list  too! just not sure what time of year to go! Do I want full snow or not!  
When I take the drones with me on flights I always drop the batts to 50% and keep some insulation tape with me to cover the contact sections. Lipo safe bags are probably better but I figure there are so many laptops and other lipo batts on board Im not really endangering anyone more. I also keep a pdf copies of the receipts in icloud or google drive (with a photo of my passport) so if there are any questions at customs I can prove where I bought them and that Im not slapped with import duty or vat (mainly if you are coming back from USA, ive never been asked but a few people I have spoken to have been caught out!

Dont forget to pack ND filters! I also take a USB power bank so I can changer the drone batts in a bag while out and about (airlines do have limits on the number of batteries you can take onboard so its worth splitting some up with your other half or travel buddy just in case they can add up! I went to OZ and had 6 drone batts, 4 Gopro batts, 2 camera batts and 2 USB power banks( these are batts too) plus Ipad and I  phone which all add up (makes the hand luggage quite heavy!

I also take a Samsung 360 gear for some 360 shots great in some places as you can remote trigger the picture and get out of the shot! great for indoor shots! Sphere on the drones for outside shots!

Good vid and enjoy Iceland
2019-3-16
Use props
fansf39fdc2e
lvl.1
Colombia

Great travel kit, unfortunately I only have the Spark, Osmo Pocket and a Canon Rebel Mk5 - also travelling with small children will make some shots unfeasible.
2019-3-16
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Iceland

fansf39fdc2e Posted at 3-16 13:16
Great travel kit, unfortunately I only have the Spark, Osmo Pocket and a Canon Rebel Mk5 - also travelling with small children will make some shots unfeasible.

Drone, Pocket and DSLR... that's fine!  
2019-3-16
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Iceland

Schmooit Posted at 3-16 04:05
Looks pretty much the same kit I take away I just add the Canon 80d and a few lenses, If its just a weekend away and I have to travel light I just take the Mavic Air as is so compact  I can take it on ordinary days out just in case there is a vista that needs an an overhead or pan shot!

Iceland is on my list  too! just not sure what time of year to go! Do I want full snow or not!  

Thanks for that
I have flown with all the drones + batteries many times now; this last trip I had the Air & the 2 Pro and their spare batteries all in the drones' own cases; x-ray didn't even ask to open the bag.  They've seen them all before I think....
Charging on the go was essential on this trip; thankfully the car had 2 12v outlets so one was always charging the remote, and the other was the batteries.  Was literally stopping every 20 mins and doing more flying.  Never used the drones so much....  And as you can see, having plenty of fun:

2019-3-17
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

Hi, see many movies on YouTube, DJI flying over the fjords. Interesting country to travel and making wonderfull shots. I'm intersted in your results. Having a good and safe trip and enjoy.
2019-3-17
Use props
Jewishist
lvl.1

Spain

When I started traveling, I had to sew lightweight tents myself and cut kayak covers, glue balloons and much more. There were no mobile phones, they used satellite phones - big, inconvenient. And now such a technique for shooting video. The film is amazing - success for you.
2019-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules