Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket mic/WiFi question
22471 56 2019-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robert2345
lvl.2
Pakistan

same question
2020-1-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_DsVLZtbe1JlR Posted at 2019-12-20 12:22
Hi Dji/Moderators,
Could you please take these requests a bit seriously and on high priority unless you want people holding a DJI Pocket look like fools  Xiomi FIMI Palm is on its way. I am sure they have done all their research reading your customer requests in this forum! Wide Angle, Joystick, Bluetooth/Wifi, HEVC recording, universal mic compatibility with charging port, 1/4 inch screw thread all in one device that too at a fraction of the Pocket's price!!!
And all of us here are willing to pay a premium for your accessories only to realise that you don't have any sensible ones??

And have you seen the footage?  Pretty grim.  It will be no kind of competitor for the Pocket at all, for any serious use.  The extreme wide angle lens gives distorted results, and probably indicates that it doesn't have an focussing ability.  So the footage looks like it came from an early generation GoPro.  People seeing the reviews are having buyers' remorse about their pre-orders.  It may have some excellent features - but if the lens is crap, all the features in the world won't help.
2020-1-1
Use props
AaronRJackson
New

United States

Add me to the list of people that can't believe you can't connect both the 3.5mm adapter and the wifi module. DJI figure this thing out!
2020-1-16
Use props
tomthetomcat
New
Flight distance : 277536 ft
Netherlands

Met too I cannot believe that my WIFI module and all it's functionality has become useless because I want to connect an external Microphone.
2020-1-27
Use props
ALLAN C.
New

France

Dji why don't you propose an adapter like the ones we already use to connect our osmo pocket to our phone.
And instead a USB c out isb lightning output it will be an audio jack output.
I try to use the audio adapter with a otg female to female USB c but it tells me to disconnect to use the WiFi module...
2020-1-28
Use props
ALLAN C.
New

France

Édit: it Comes to my mind that if we want to use the dji osmo pocket wifi module with an external microphone hère is some lead -->;DJI why don't you propose a firmware update allowing us to choose the audio source on the mimo app while recording vidéo fro: so i will connect my mic ( rode lavallière or rode wireless go) on or to the phone and while the osmo pocket on wifi module IS recording a vidéo, the exernal mic connect on my phone will be use by the mimo app to match the audio to the video...
It's a pretty smooth deal.
And by the way if you can add/ made a fonctionnal update on the dji osmo pocket to allow it to ne Recon as a webcam when connect to computer it will be neat
2020-2-3
Use props
rogerpalinme.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13776 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-3-11 08:57
Hi, thanks for the notification. Since the 3.5mm adapter is connected to the Osmo Pocket USB port then I'm afraid that we don't have an option to charge the Osmo Pocket. However, this process has been forwarded to our designated department for us to check if this would be possible. Thank you for understanding.

Hi,

Is there any update from the design team on this? There’s a guy on YouTube showing how to make one.

Having a Wi-Fi module that you could attach a microphone adapter to would make a lot of difference for many people.

2020-3-2
Use props
prady
New

United States

I'm a little late to the party, but i'm assuming if there's no update after a year and half, they probably are never going to do it. Rite?
2020-8-18
Use props
SilentD1
lvl.2
Denmark

if dji were as smart as some of their products suggest, they would have made the wireless module be able to connect to a wireless mic directly, or to the microphone on your phone, OR a mic connected to your phone transmittet wirelessly through the phone app. I mean.. so many possibilities that are like... 12 year old basic.. It is a wireless module right? You can send an image one way but you cant figure out to send sound the other way? huh?
You used to be the innovators, what happened? Do you need someone to help you develop new better stuff now? Wake up. or hire me. Let me help before you embarrass yourselves.
2020-8-29
Use props
MoisesMNY
lvl.1

United States

What a waste of money. I own almost every accessory and can’t get good audio without sacrificing my battery due to the android phone issue. Thought the wireless module would fix that and now I can’t get good audio.
2020-9-7
Use props
djiuser_dVAbxWo73tmo
New

Italy

This is the dumbest thing ever. I was ready to buy the Pocket, but this is really keeping me from doing that. Solve it, DJI!
2020-9-8
Use props
wildbill999
lvl.2
United States

Hello, What I plan to do for my next blacklight theatre production is use a clapboard and a Tascam DR 40 recorder. It will have really good sound and just takes a little extra work in the editing room.
2020-9-12
Use props
wildbill999
lvl.2
United States

This is a photo of my garage studio and I am using a second tripod for the Tascam...I edit the sound and video clips in Magix Sony Pro 14...
2020-9-12
Use props
djiuser_HKZlkS9SokuX
New
United States

I’m also looking for a solution that allows the WiFi module and the microphone adapter to be used at the same time. Doesn’t look like any solutions thus far. Someone mentioned in this thread that they got a cheaper mic to work, anyone know what mic they used?
2020-9-13
Use props
djiuser_yKaprfQUtD16
New

Australia

This is kinda crazy to me! We buy the camera, then the mic, but don’t forget the mic adapter, then to connect your phone wirelessly you need the wireless module (should be built in) and then when you get the get the module you can’t use your mic with the adapter? All of these accessories shouldn’t need to be purchased! When I bought the Osmo pocket I thought I was sorted, I’ve spent hundreds on accessories and I’m still not sorted as they are not compatible!? Fix the problem guys, what are you doin?
2020-11-11
Use props
Jason Lee Gulley
New

United States

When the wireless mic is connected and enabled, will the microphones on the primary unit record simultaneously? For example, if my dad has the wireless mic attached to his shirt and I am holding the main unit, will our voices be recorded if we are separated?
2020-12-8
Use props
virooo
lvl.1
India

One year past my comment/request. No response from DJI. I sold the pocket a few weeks back and bought the Insta360 One X2!  Everything we asked DJI for comes bundled in a competitor's product.
2021-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules