Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcusp1974
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1208635 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HELP PLEASE

I'm travelling to turkey in september and really wish to take my drone mavic2 pro with me. I've looked into what I need to do but don't seem to be getting anywhere at all.
I've tried getting in touch with iha.shgm.gov.tr but again seem to be getting nowhere fast.!!
If anybody could help me or recommend what to do then please feel free as to offer some advice thanks

Thanks
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Marcusp1974. Thank you for raising this inquiry with us today. I hope you'll get the best information here from our valued DJI Members and Customers who traveled in Turkey. In addition I will post a link where in you can check a location in turkey if it is free to fly your drone and if the said location is a no fly zone ( NFZ ). Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

2019-3-10
Use props
Marcusp1974
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-10 11:22
Hello and good day Marcusp1974. Thank you for raising this inquiry with us today. I hope you'll get the best information here from our valued DJI Members and Customers who traveled in Turkey. In addition I will post a link where in you can check a location in turkey if it is free to fly your drone and if the said location is a no fly zone ( NFZ ). Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I have checked the NFZ it all looks good.  Unfortunately when taking my drone if its over 500g I have to get authorisation from the Turkish authorities which is appearing to be the tricky bit as whatever I seem to do I cant get an answer from them.
2019-3-10
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

Midnight Express
2019-3-10
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Francis Posted at 3-10 12:42
Midnight Express

Turkish jails have improved  
2019-3-11
Use props
Droningalex (Alex B.)
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I think that drones are prohibited in Turkey.

Fly safely all
Droningalex
2019-3-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Try these pages -
https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws-in-turkey/
https://iha.shgm.gov.tr/public/index?language=2
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Marcusp1974 Posted at 3-10 11:31
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I have checked the NFZ it all looks good.  Unfortunately when taking my drone if its over 500g I have to get authorisation from the Turkish authorities which is appearing to be the tricky bit as whatever I seem to do I cant get an answer from them.

You are very much welcome Marcusp1974 and thank you for the additional information you have provided.
2019-3-11
Use props
Marcusp1974
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-11 06:50
Try these pages -
https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws-in-turkey/
https://iha.shgm.gov.tr/public/index?language=2

Hi

Thanks these are the 1's I've tried, I have sent numerous Emails and applied but the only response I get says finalised, it doesn't tell me whats finalised, so frustrating I might just ring them (expensive call to turkey) as a option.
Thanks for the links though much appreciated
2019-3-11
Use props
JHollimanPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82802 ft
Germany

Marcusp1974 Posted at 3-11 11:12
Hi

Thanks these are the 1's I've tried, I have sent numerous Emails and applied but the only response I get says finalised, it doesn't tell me whats finalised, so frustrating I might just ring them (expensive call to turkey) as a option.

The rules are pretty explicit in this respect: they do not give permits to non-turkish citizens. However most current guidance is not clear for visitors or travelers. Turkey was cracking down on drones during their Emergency Declaration. How did you apply?
2019-3-11
Use props
Marcusp1974
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JHollimanPhoto Posted at 3-11 13:02
The rules are pretty explicit in this respect: they do not give permits to non-turkish citizens. However most current guidance is not clear for visitors or travelers. Turkey was cracking down on drones during their Emergency Declaration. How did you apply?

Hi

I applied via https://iha.shgm.gov.tr/public/duyurular.html?ID=1135888 filled in the correct form 01 but just get a response saying finalised.!! it doesn't say either way. Think I might just have to ring them
2019-3-11
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

well I am ex -Turkish but I can  still give you idea ,  flying drone in Turkey is pretty much  similar restriction  rest of the world.
Please don't listen that old school midnight express stories , unless you are not planning  to smuggle  heroin in your drone ( just kidding mate) any way you can fly your drone in open areas away from the public or government buildings there are plenty of opportunity don't know which part you are travelling but most touristic attractive points flying the drone is free
As far as I know DJI app will update automatically the NFZ which are close to the major airports.
So be relax,  Turkey is nice country and people are nice and drone are always welcome.  After fill the forms ( don't know really necessary but ) you are free off to go.

https://iha.shgm.gov.tr/public/index?ReturnUrl=%2f

after finilised suggest to print the confirmation  page or keep the reference number with you
Trust me noone  will bother you unless you keep yourself  in safe zones.
2019-3-12
Use props
DPOV
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

akozc Posted at 3-12 03:18
well I am ex -Turkish but I can  still give you idea ,  flying drone in Turkey is pretty much  similar restriction  rest of the world.
Please don't listen that old school midnight express stories , unless you are not planning  to smuggle  heroin in your drone ( just kidding mate) any way you can fly your drone in open areas away from the public or government buildings there are plenty of opportunity don't know which part you are travelling but most touristic attractive points flying the drone is free
As far as I know DJI app will update automatically the NFZ which are close to the major airports.

Exactly!

Follow common sense, don't fly over people, busy areas, stay way below 300ft and the obvious don't fly near an airport. You have proof that you've made attempts to contact them.

I wouldn't worry. Now if you don't use common sense and some of the parameters mentioned above, yeah you're just asking for trouble.

When I travel abroad, I do the same and fly mostly in secluded areas.
2019-3-12
Use props
JHollimanPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82802 ft
United States

Marcusp1974 Posted at 3-11 20:46
Hi

I applied via https://iha.shgm.gov.tr/public/duyurular.html?ID=1135888 filled in the correct form 01 but just get a response saying finalised.!! it doesn't say either way. Think I might just have to ring them

Did you use a translation app? They only have a Turkish version that I can find!
2019-3-12
Use props
Marcusp1974
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

akozc Posted at 3-12 03:18

Hi

Thanks for the advice I have tried the forms but getting nowhere I have applied via the DGHM (i think) but not sure of there answer. I try to keep to the laws and common sense bit (I use as much as possible although the other half will differ ha ha) Heard stories of getting them confiscated so bit unsure. thanks for advice
2019-3-12
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Macao

Marcusp1974 Posted at 3-12 05:50
Hi

Thanks for the advice I have tried the forms but getting nowhere I have applied via the DGHM (i think) but not sure of there answer. I try to keep to the laws and common sense bit (I use as much as possible although the other half will differ ha ha) Heard stories of getting them confiscated so bit unsure. thanks for advice

This is also what I found in same website FAQ section .looks little bit crook and scary to me  : copied  exactly all parts ,  please pay  attention to the bold red text at the bottom
"Dear Foreign Nationality Citizens,
if you bring your drones or UAVs MTOW 500 gr. or above in Turkey, customs may seize your  drones and demand technical conformity letter, that can be taken from DGCA Turkey, from you. To receive technical confirmation letter for your UAVs, you shall apply officially to Turkish DGCA with application form Form-336 (only Turkish version available) can be found in Forms session on mainpage. One of the requirements shall be supply of application is criminal records with archive records. However, there are two way, one of them is you shall have TR Identificaiton number or you have to submit your criminal record that received from your embassy. If you are verified from MERNİS (TR identification number from population database), criminal record is not required.
if you bring your drones or UAVs MTOW below 500 gr. , this drones is out of the scope of our national regulation and is not required any technical conformity or out of the scope letter normally. Nevertheless, some customs may seize and demand from you out of the scope letter, in this case you shall apply to take out of the scope letter officially with a petition to DGCA Turkey.
After that, During registration process, Our UAV E-registration system software verify your name, surname, birth date and TR identification number from MERNİS under cover of Ministry of Interior. Due to this verification method, if you have not TR Identification number , your information will not be verified in MERNİS. For this reason, foreign nationality citizens will not be able to complete their registration process and fly legally.
Thanks for your understanding. "
2019-3-12
Use props
Marcusp1974
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi

Thanks for your reply, I have tried looking for this form 336 but cant seem to find it annoyingly. I have applied via the website but just seem to get a reply saying you've been finalised, i don't know what the decision is though getting frustrated now, i might just get a Mavic air to take as thats under 500grams.!!
Thanks for your response and help
2019-3-13
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Macao

Marcusp1974 Posted at 3-13 05:52
Hi

Thanks for your reply, I have tried looking for this form 336 but cant seem to find it annoyingly. I have applied via the website but just seem to get a reply saying you've been finalised, i don't know what the decision is though getting frustrated now, i might just get a Mavic air to take as thats under 500grams.!!

Good luck mate if you feel any difficulty during your trip  feel free to drop a message  I will try to help  
2019-3-13
Use props
Marcusp1974
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

akozc Posted at 3-13 16:58
Good luck mate if you feel any difficulty during your trip  feel free to drop a message  I will try to help

Thanks so much
2019-3-14
Use props
Roy Rogers
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Good Luck Marcusp
2019-3-29
Use props
djiuser_zPQqvZPxRahg
New
Germany

Marcusp1974 Posted at 3-13 05:52
Hi

What did happened?? I am flying tomorrow to istanbul
2019-6-7
Use props
djiuser_zPQqvZPxRahg
New
Turkey

djiuser_zPQqvZPxRahg Posted at 6-7 13:43

For everyone i took my mavic 12 pro with me and there was no single problem!
2019-6-8
Use props
USS Pretty-Bird (NCC-1702)
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
United States

You always have the option of disassembly, then reassemble once you get there.  There is no law against electronic parts of drones, just keep the parts separate in other bags.  Easy to take your 4-5 parts and rebuild in your hotel.
2019-6-8
Use props
Marcusp1974
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi I haven"t travelled to turkey yet but if your drone is under 500grams it is fine otherwise you may have to register but it seems quite difficult
Good Luck
2019-6-9
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

"Foreign nationality citizens cannot register as a drone pilot in Turkey. Moreover, your drone will be seized by customs unless you have received technical confirmation for your UAVs from the Turkish DGCA."

pretty clear...

... have you tried your local Turkish embassy for details, I've done that in the past when struggling to find details on Countries that I'me travelling to; personally if there is any doubt of risk of customs seizing the drone I leave it at home as it's simply not worth the risk
2019-6-10
Use props
djiuser_zpeu4bPCOHs1
New

Poland

Marcusp1974 Posted at 2019-6-9 07:58
Hi I haven"t travelled to turkey yet but if your drone is under 500grams it is fine otherwise you may have to register but it seems quite difficult
Good Luck

Have you transported the drone? Any problems do you need 336?
2021-9-19
Use props
Marcusp1974
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

djiuser_zpeu4bPCOHs1 Posted at 9-19 04:44
Have you transported the drone? Any problems do you need 336?

Hi I decided to leave it at home as I was bluntly told I wasn’t allowed to bring it
2021-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules