Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant 2 Installation Issues - Blocked for Protection
8369 17 2019-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
caseysloan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 288839 ft
United States

I had sucessfully installed the Assistant 2 app on my Windows 10 machine  and used it previously. Just now, I attempted to use and repeatedly am  getting an error message that will not allow me to use/access the app. I  downloaded again and attempted to install - but still having issues. I  have turned off firewall, etc. but nothing works - see attached error  message. Really weird, considering it worked before. Is this DJI or my  computer? If my computer, why would this suddenly happen when I had no  issues before? Thanks for any help! IMG_12641.JPG
IMG_12641.JPG
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Caseysloan, sorry for all the trouble. This concern has already been forwarded to our designated team. We are still verifying what is the main reason of this. Please wait for an update. For the meantime, kindly try a different PC or a different operating system so that we can isolate the issue. Thanks for your support and patience.
2019-3-10
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Did you right click and install as an administrator ? Here is some information from punchbuggy:” You can resolve this by uninstalling Ass2, rebooting your PC into maintenance mode and selecting to disable driver signature enforcement, then install Ass2 again. Don't reboot afterwards, and run Ass2 as per normal. Sadly I find that you need to have driver signature enforcement disabled prior to starting Ass2 each time if you intend to recalibrate VPS - everything else appears to work otherwise.  If you don't know how to do the above, just google "disable driver signature enforcement".   This worked for me, hopefully it will work for you.
2019-3-10
Use props
caseysloan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 288839 ft
United States

Sayhelloforme Posted at 3-10 18:44
Did you right click and install as an administrator ? Here is some information from punchbuggy:” You can resolve this by uninstalling Ass2, rebooting your PC into maintenance mode and selecting to disable driver signature enforcement, then install Ass2 again. Don't reboot afterwards, and run Ass2 as per normal. Sadly I find that you need to have driver signature enforcement disabled prior to starting Ass2 each time if you intend to recalibrate VPS - everything else appears to work otherwise.  If you don't know how to do the above, just google "disable driver signature enforcement".   This worked for me, hopefully it will work for you.

I found a video on youtube about this error - made a small registry tweak, reinstalled Assistant 2 - then went back and put the registry in the original order. All is well now - thanks!
2019-3-10
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm met with the same screen on ASS2 for Phantom, ASS2 for DJI Goggles and ASS2 for Mavic.
What the hell is going on??!
2019-3-11
Use props
m-cramlet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 159554 ft

United States

I'm also having this issue.  Attempted to install Assistant 2 on a new machine and windows won't allow me to install, even when I run as an administrator.  
2019-3-11
Use props
m-cramlet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 159554 ft

United States

m-cramlet Posted at 3-11 07:20
I'm also having this issue.  Attempted to install Assistant 2 on a new machine and windows won't allow me to install, even when I run as an administrator.

I also attempted to install after disabling driver signature enforcement.  No luck.
2019-3-11
Use props
Tomek_Poland
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85551 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I have the same problem on two computers
2019-3-11
Use props
Comrepco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79341 ft
United Kingdom

All appeared to be working OK, until the latest Windows 10 update ..... Now UAC blocks it constantly, no matter what .... You just gotta love Microsoft...
2019-3-11
Use props
Paul Atkin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36962 ft
United States

Hi,
i have had app installed for a long time but it refuses to start now with the same screen shown.
If anybody knows how to fix this idiocy - pls post here what steps are needed to make it run again, pls.
i just noticed this is a spark forum - i am using app for mavic 2 pro. but, same exact banner shows on windows 10, no matter what.
2019-3-12
Use props
williamngrhm
New
United States

Not sure if this will help, but it looks like the issue is neither user nor DJI. Its with the certificate issuer (WoSign). For some reason they have revoked the certificates for DJI and without them windows will not allow it to run. No certificate and it would still allow you to run, but since certs are usually only revoked if there is something seriously wrong with an application (hardware failure, etc) Windows will not allow it to run at all. If anyone from DJI sees this I would suggest getting in touch with WoSign and see why they revoked your certificate.

Untitled.png
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi everyone. We're deeply sorry for the Inconvenience. This been already escalated to our developer and they're working on it to optimize it. Keep in touch. Thank you for your consideration.
2019-3-12
Use props
flygirl72
lvl.2
United States

This is definitely due to a Windows 10 update. Microsoft seems to be taking the same path as they did with Vista. That is, ramping up security until it interferes with otherwise normal operations and just frustrates users. One way to bypass the blocking is to activate the "hidden" administrator account, then use that account to run the software.

2019-3-12
Use props
ChrisDD
New
Flight distance : 800128 ft
Australia

flygirl72 Posted at 3-12 16:26
This is definitely due to a Windows 10 update. Microsoft seems to be taking the same path as they did with Vista. That is, ramping up security until it interferes with otherwise normal operations and just frustrates users. One way to bypass the blocking is to activate the "hidden" administrator account, then use that account to run the software.

Windows 10 - Enable The Built-in Administrator Account

The only way I found to circumvent this issue  for installation and then running the program was as follows:
1. Go to search bar and search for CMD
2. Right click on CMD and run as administrator
3. change the directory to the location of the file (either install file or installed program) i.e.:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom
4. Run the .exe file
"DJI Assistant 2.exe"
5. Bobs your uncle

I hope DJI resolves this immediately.

Chris
2019-3-13
Use props
MadisonAreaDroneService
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133340 ft
  • >>>
United States

ChrisDD Posted at 3-13 21:00
The only way I found to circumvent this issue  for installation and then running the program was as follows:
2. Right click on CMD and run as administrator

You can get around this for now, but you will have to change the Windows registry to allow the download and subsequent program usage to work.  

You will need to access this and change it as follows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

and change the value EnableLUA to 0.

To understand how to change this value, do the following:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit and then click OK.

OR

hit the Windows key and "paste" this: %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit by hitting "ctrl V" after copying the above bold text.

Then, go the DJI site, download the Assistant 2 program again, and you should be able to use the program after a successful install.

Hopefully DJI gets this sorted out soon.  Sounds like a recent Windows update may have triggered this.

Good luck.
2019-3-14
Use props
MadisonAreaDroneService
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133340 ft
  • >>>
United States

MadisonAreaDroneService Posted at 3-14 06:33
You can get around this for now, but you will have to change the Windows registry to allow the download and subsequent program usage to work.  

edit:  Sorry, I missed a few steps.  Couldn't edit the old post - refer to the instructions in this post

You will need to access this and change it as follows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

and change the value EnableLUA to 0.

To understand how to change this value, do the following:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit and then click OK.

OR

hit the Windows key and "paste" this: %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit by hitting "ctrl V" after copying the above bold text.
Once you have entered the registry, click on: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE then Microsoft then Windows then CurrentVersion then Policies then System
Next, you will see a dialog box with a #1.  Change this to 0 and exit.  Next, you will need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

Then, go the DJI site, download the Assistant 2 program again, and you should be able to use the program after a successful install.

Hopefully DJI gets this sorted out soon.  Sounds like a recent Windows update may have triggered this.
2019-3-14
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

williamngrhm Posted at 3-12 13:42
Not sure if this will help, but it looks like the issue is neither user nor DJI. Its with the certificate issuer (WoSign). For some reason they have revoked the certificates for DJI and without them windows will not allow it to run. No certificate and it would still allow you to run, but since certs are usually only revoked if there is something seriously wrong with an application (hardware failure, etc) Windows will not allow it to run at all. If anyone from DJI sees this I would suggest getting in touch with WoSign and see why they revoked your certificate.[view_image]

[view_image]

Interestingly, it's revoked just like 10 days before expiration.
Maybe DJI sent request for new one so previous one got revoked?
2019-3-14
Use props
SkyReel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 385889 ft
United Kingdom

ChrisDD Posted at 3-13 21:00
The only way I found to circumvent this issue  for installation and then running the program was as follows:
2. Right click on CMD and run as administrator

Cheers Chris
This worked for me!
2019-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules