Replacement Micro USB port covers?
1610 11 2019-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TRiPWiRE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 560472 ft
Australia

I have no idea how I managed to break the little attachment section from this, but I have. It's a minor thing really but still, I'm wondering if these are available as a replacement part?

I had the same issue with a camera I have a while back and was able to get a replacement. It had an "arrow head" type fitting at the end of the arm that pushed into the hole but wouldn't then come back out. I'm kind of hoping I can do the same here.

I'm pretty sure I'll lose the cover if I leave it as is and don't want to send it back to DJI repair for such a minor issue.

Broken :(

Broken :(
2019-3-10
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

just a thought, will that little bit of plastic that was attached to the cover cause a problem if its floating around in the drone, cant think how but yo never know there is a fan spinning around in there.
2019-3-10
Use props
TRiPWiRE
lvl.2
Australia

raven swe Posted at 3-10 23:58
just a thought, will that little bit of plastic that was attached to the cover cause a problem if its floating around in the drone, cant think how but yo never know there is a fan spinning around in there.

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that. I can't hear anything moving around in there but I guess the broken off bit would be pretty small and hard to detect.
2019-3-11
Use props
TRiPWiRE
lvl.2
Australia

Actually, I'm wondering if that broken piece may have fallen out. When the legs are unfolded there's a reasonable gap where they join the body. I've been gently rolling it around trying to hear if there's anything in there but can't detect anything. I'm not sure, but maybe it dropped out.

Being that I'm standing on thick, grey carpet I don't have much chance of finding the little bit to verify that it did though!
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that. I would suggest to reach out one of our support channels in order for them to provide assistance and a possible workaround. You may just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support
Best Regards!
2019-3-12
Use props
TRiPWiRE
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-12 15:34
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that. I would suggest to reach out one of our support channels in order for them to provide assistance and a possible workaround. You may just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support
Best Regards!

I did that. They are unable to supply this as a spare part. Disappointing.

I really struggle to see why, but that's what they've said. It seems more like a case of "can't be bothered". I mean, every M2 has these, along with every one being made. It's not like they don't have these parts.

DJI promote themselves as providing high end products, yet they can't supply a replacement part that protects an integral component of their drone?

I'm a new DJI user who won't be buying that OSMO I was about to order (not joking).
2019-3-14
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

TRiPWiRE Posted at 3-14 13:18
I did that. They are unable to supply this as a spare part. Disappointing.

I really struggle to see why, but that's what they've said. It seems more like a case of "can't be bothered". I mean, every M2 has these, along with every one being made. It's not like they don't have these parts.

If more people ask for that part at some point they'll start supplying it to those that need it.
2019-3-14
Use props
TRiPWiRE
lvl.2
Australia

jyc Posted at 3-14 15:42
If more people ask for that part at some point they'll start supplying it to those that need it.

I guess it's not something that is often sought out as a spare. I'm positive the little arm that connects the cover on mine was already weak / defective. I opened it carefully, but the whole cover came off instead! I was in no way rough or careless with it.

I understand it's not a major issue, but if I should happen to lose that cover due to it no longer being attached to the drone, it leaves that USB port open to dust, debris and possible damage. Then, if there's ever an issue with my drone due to that, I'm sure DJI would say...

"You should have had a cover on there"...
2019-3-14
Use props
Socrates Gi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 171250 ft
Greece

Hi! Did you found any solution to your problem?
Mine doesn't close very well and i don't know if i will have an issue on the future.  
2020-11-2
Use props
TRiPWiRE
lvl.2
Australia

Socrates Gi Posted at 11-2 09:21
Hi! Did you found any solution to your problem?
Mine doesn't close very well and i don't know if i will have an issue on the future.

In the end, no.

DJI said they are unable to supply this part as a spare so I've just put up with using the USB cover unattached. I'm pretty used to it now. It's still pretty disappointing though.
2020-11-3
Use props
Socrates Gi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 171250 ft
Greece

TRiPWiRE Posted at 11-3 00:21
In the end, no.

DJI said they are unable to supply this part as a spare so I've just put up with using the USB cover unattached. I'm pretty used to it now. It's still pretty disappointing though.

Do you know if this cover is for humidity or only for dust?
I think that after so many times you flied the drone since your first post you don't have any problem.
2020-11-4
Use props
TRiPWiRE
lvl.2
Australia

Socrates Gi Posted at 11-4 08:45
Do you know if this cover is for humidity or only for dust?
I think that after so many times you flied the drone since your first post you don't have any problem.

I'd say it's for both.

I still use the cover that clicks over the port as usual, it's just it completely comes away from the drone body. It's no longer attached. I just put it somewhere safe whilst using the port and then click it back onto the drone when I'm finished and ready to fly again.
2020-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules