Updating software for Spark Controller?
9612 7 2019-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
caseysloan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 288839 ft
United States

I know how to update firmware for the Spark itself using Assistant 2 - but what I still am a bit confused over is does the controller also have software that needs updating? This doesn't seem to be an option in Assistant 2 (unless I"m missing something). Is this done via the DJI Go App? Or perhaps the controller doesn't need updating? Thanks!

2019-3-10
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

I did update minewith the app...once    Sincei read a lotofposts here with controllers failing to link, freezes during update , and getting bricked.....so now i live by the rule..if it aint broke, dont fix it...same goes for the spark itself..
2019-3-10
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You can update the Spark via
App-Controller-Spark
or
Computer-Assistant 2-Spark

But the RC you can just update via your device and the app.

I suggest you update your bird, if necessary, ONLY via computer.
And just the smaller (shorter time)  update for the RC via the App
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. About your question, the only way to update the Remote controller is using the DJI Go 4 app, you may check this video tutorial. Best regards!
2019-3-11
Use props
caseysloan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 288839 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-11 11:13
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. About your question, the only way to update the Remote controller is using the DJI Go 4 app, you may check this video tutorial. Best regards! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJN7tnIcvY0

Thank you!
2019-3-11
Use props
weseli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38402 ft

Serbia

Great tutorial. thanks
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Not a problem and it's my pleasure. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thanks!
2019-3-12
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12936 ft
United States

Great tutorial,  made sure my mobile device was in the accepted/supported list , only had the controller on and my droid mobile device, a Samsung S8+
2019-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules