Sound alert on critical errors
865 10 2019-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianSC
Second Officer
Spain

Hi all

Since I have been getting some compass errors lately, I’m wondering if it is normal that DJI GO 4 only gives these critical error messages with text and no sound? I mean, it’s very easy to not see such a message if you have your eyes on the drone.

I do get an audio alert when homepoint is updated an on landing, so it’s not a sound issue with my phone.
2019-3-11
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

any serious errors and you will hear a notification
2019-3-11
Use props
BrianSC
Second Officer
Spain

Well I don’t get it on compass errors, that’s for sure
2019-3-11
Use props
BrianSC
Second Officer
Spain

Nobody? I just want to know if I should get an audible alert on this, since I don’t, and how I may be able to fix it. DJI Support?
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. About your question, the sounds alert you can only get is homepoint, takeoff/landing, obstacle detection, battery low warning. And for the compass error, we don't have yet a warning audio alert yet. I hope you understand. Thank you for your consideration.
2019-3-12
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-12 15:25
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. About your question, the sounds alert you can only get is homepoint, takeoff/landing, obstacle detection, battery low warning. And for the compass error, we don't have yet a warning audio alert yet. I hope you understand. Thank you for your consideration.

" it’s very easy to not see such a message if you have your eyes on the drone. "

This is actually a very good point. I have personally never encountered a compass or IMU error mid-flight but there is no denying that one can miss such critical errors displayed on the app if he is trying to fly with LOS alone.
Also, there is no audible warning for signal drop of the RC. There is only a message on screen which says something like - Poor RC signal, please adjust your antenna.
I hope audio warnings for these will be added in future updates of the Go4 app.
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

nilanjan118 Posted at 3-12 18:21
" it’s very easy to not see such a message if you have your eyes on the drone. "

This is actually a very good point. I have personally never encountered a compass or IMU error mid-flight but there is no denying that one can miss such critical errors displayed on the app if he is trying to fly with LOS alone.

I understand you about that and we really appreciate you for being interested with the product, with regards to that I can forward this a suggestion feature, and will be used as a reference for the future update. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-13
Use props
BrianSC
Second Officer
Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-13 08:14
I understand you about that and we really appreciate you for being interested with the product, with regards to that I can forward this a suggestion feature, and will be used as a reference for the future update. Thank you for your support.

Well I think it would be a very good idea to include it in future updates. Compass errors, and other errors o the kind, can be very critical, and as far as I know, can lead to loss of GPS, loss of control and possible flyaway, and unless you have our eyes on the phone all the time, can easily be overlooked.
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BrianSC Posted at 3-13 09:32
Well I think it would be a very good idea to include it in future updates. Compass errors, and other errors o the kind, can be very critical, and as far as I know, can lead to loss of GPS, loss of control and possible flyaway, and unless you have our eyes on the phone all the time, can easily be overlooked.

Thank you for being interested. I already forwarded this requested feature. Thank you for your support!
2019-3-13
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-13 08:14

Thank you for taking a note of our suggestion. Have a good day.
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

nilanjan118 Posted at 3-13 15:23
Thank you for taking a note of our suggestion. Have a good day.

It's my pleasure. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thanks!
2019-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules