Smart Controller - just out of box, firmware will not update.
12Next >
16273 51 2019-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fcwest
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73595138 ft
United States

Just took delivery of my new Smart Controller (about 2 hrs ago). Connected to my wifi no problem and was alerted to new firmware update for the controller. Firmware downloaded just fine, but upgrade process stays at 0%. Waited 30 min., no progress. Powered unit down and tried again. Same results. Performed a factory reset, same results. Tried to connect to the controller using DJI Assistant 2 on three different computers, none can see the controller.

Very disappointed. This is a brand new unit and will not update
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the problem that you've encountered during the firmware upgrade. I would like to ask what was the firmware version that you've managed to download? Have you tried to check if there was an SD card on the unit during the firmware update? If yes, did you try to remove the SD card and re-upgrade the firmware again? You could download the latest DJI Assistant 2 using the link below. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-3-11
Use props
Fazmanicg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19974 ft
  • >>>
United States

A lot of issues when there is an SD card installed. If you do have one, remove it and try with Assistant 2 for Mavic.
2019-3-11
Use props
fcwest
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-11 11:07
Hi, we're sorry to know about the problem that you've encountered during the firmware upgrade. I would like to ask what was the firmware version that you've managed to download? Have you tried to check if there was an SD card on the unit during the firmware update? If yes, did you try to remove the SD card and re-upgrade the firmware again? You could download the latest DJI Assistant 2 using the link below. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

Latest version of Smart Controller firmware downloads (v01.00.0400) but never moves past 0% while trying to update.

There is no SD card installed.
2019-3-11
Use props
Fazmanicg
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

A lot of issues when there is an SD card installed. If you do have one, remove it and try with Assistant 2 for Mavic.
2019-3-11
Use props
fcwest
lvl.2
United States

Fazmanicg Posted at 3-11 11:10

No SD card installed.

DJI Assistant cannot see the Smart Controller.
2019-3-11
Use props
Fazmanicg
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fcwest Posted at 3-11 11:11
No SD card installed.

DJI Assistant cannot see the Smart Controller.

Oh man ... Sorry to hear.
2019-3-11
Use props
lvl.2
Flight distance : 862018 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m having the exact same issue! I’ve tried everything! Any luck? I reported this to Dji.
2019-3-11
Use props
fcwest
lvl.2
United States

24601 Posted at 3-11 17:55
I’m having the exact same issue! I’ve tried everything! Any luck? I reported this to Dji.

No luck at all. I called DJI late this afternoon and started the return/refund process. I’m not about to send it in for repair. The unit should have worked right out of the box.
2019-3-11
Use props
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fcwest Posted at 3-11 17:59
No luck at all. I called DJI late this afternoon and started the return/refund process. I’m not about to send it in for repair. The unit should have worked right out of the box.

I agree. This is ridiculous. I was gonna give them until tomorrow to resolve otherwise I am returning it as well. If you here anything keep me posted!
2019-3-11
Use props
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fcwest Posted at 3-11 17:59

I agree. This is ridiculous. I was gonna give them until tomorrow to resolve otherwise I am returning it as well. If you here anything keep me posted!
2019-3-11
Use props
fcwest
lvl.2
United States

DJI rep told me I would be responsible for return shipping costs on the refund. That ain’t happening.

I’ll definitely post updates here.
2019-3-11
Use props
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fcwest Posted at 3-11 18:46
DJI rep told me I would be responsible for return shipping costs on the refund. That ain’t happening.

I’ll definitely post updates here.

Seriously? That’s ridiculous! It’s not our fault at all. I can just imagine this thing crapping out mid flight  once I do get it working if I in fact keep it. Soooo frustrating!
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fcwest Posted at 3-11 11:10
Latest version of Smart Controller firmware downloads (v01.00.0400) but never moves past 0% while trying to update.

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. I will coordinate this with our designated department for further help. We'll keep you posted as soon as we receive the feedback from our team. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2019-3-12
Use props
fcwest
lvl.2
United States

I received a pre-paid return/refund shipping label today from DJI.

I plan on waiting until these major bugs are worked out before I try this product again.
2019-3-12
Use props
fans46a72f53
lvl.1
United States

I just got my Smart Controller yesterday and it does EXACTLY the same thing. Seems like an issue with the firmware update. Im just going to try to fly it without the new firmware unless DJI steps up.

I recently had a remarkable buggy experience with a Phantom 4+ Advanced so I think they are having serious quality issues lately.
2019-3-12
Use props
fansbe5c592d
lvl.1
Canada

I also can't get past 0% on V.01.00.0400 any further updates on this? It was working fine 2 weeks ago. Not sure if I can push an update through via assistant, I have yet to try.

PS. No SD card in the smart controller.
2019-3-15
Use props
fans9a85a42d
New

I have exactly the same problem....still no solution?
2019-3-18
Use props
Alastair Kirk
lvl.1
New Zealand

fans9a85a42d Posted at 3-18 09:19
I have exactly the same problem....still no solution?

Hi there, has anybody received a solution on this problem
2019-3-27
Use props
Alastair Kirk
lvl.1
New Zealand

After purchasing a new Smart Controller I turned it on, logged on to my account and activated it. I was then advised by a popup that I should undertake a firmware update from version V01.00.0375 to V0100.0400. I then proceeded to do this, the firmware packet was downloaded successfully and an update began or so I thought, after 30 minutes the update was still showing 0% complete, I then tried several different ways of exiting the upgrade without success. I Finally managed by turning the device off, I tried again several times and after 3 hours or more I gave up. I then thought I would try DJI Assistant, so I downloaded the very latest DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. After installing the program I attempted to connect the controller to my laptop, but the program would not recognise the controller, after about an hour of trying, success!! I had an Icon to click on, which I did. I then selected the latest firmware version to download, which began, after reaching 100% the update began but failed almost immediately and displayed update failed, I looked at the error log and it revealed that the upload had failed. After spending thousands of dollars on your products I am once again suffering frustration after trying to undertake upgrades and the like. I sent this to DJI support and I received a reply with an attached video on how to update the firmware on a Mavic 2.
2019-3-27
Use props
DroneZoneDE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 849705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same problem here. Brand new controller (EU version if something like this should exist). Solve this quick please. Returning is not an option. This is a software issue!
2019-3-28
Use props
DroneZoneDE
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Okay, I gave it one more try and it worked (FINALLY!)

What happened:

I received the controller and tried to update via Go 4 app. It downloaded fine, but did not went ahead upgrading. Stuck at 0% for 3 hours.
I tried to start the process multiple times this way, didn't help. I turned off the controller every time and started via power button.
I cleared cache and re-downloaded the upgrade files via Browser App. Didn't help either.
I factory reset the whole thing. Nothing.

I connected it up to DJI Assistant 2 Mavic - no controller showed up.

Here is what WORKED in the end:

Turn of the Smart Controller.
Start Mavic Assistant 2 (in my case I was using Mac version)
Plugin the USB C cable (i did use a hq cable that I bought for my external SSD - didn't try the DJI one)
Start up the controller - This made it showing up in the Assistant software right away. (YES!)
DO NOT interact with any dialogues popping up on the controller's screen.
I went ahead and started the update process via Assistant software.
It seem to stuck at 16 % upgrading at first, but went through. (Download and transfer steps went smoothly)

During the update 3 or 4 pop up windows on the Android system of the controller had opened. I ignored them. The final system reboot into upgrader mode closed them all.

The remote is now up to date. I wish that the next update will go the desired way, using the app.

Hope this helps anyone. Good luck to you!

PS: I am certain a DJI rep could have figured out the same by grabbing a Smart Controller and a computer, providing us with an answer.
PPS: I once have been reminded, why I do not use Android phones
2019-3-28
Use props
Shail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20272 ft
United Kingdom

DroneZoneDE Posted at 3-28 21:23
Okay, I gave it one more try and it worked (FINALLY!)

What happened:

thank you very much this has worked with mine too.
2019-3-29
Use props
DroneZoneDE
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Glad to hear!  

Safe flying!
2019-3-29
Use props
Alastair Kirk
lvl.1
New Zealand

Okay, I gave it one more try and it worked (FINALLY!)

What happened:

Finally Success,
Tried many times with all sorts of changes - was using a laptop with windows 10, gave it one last shot on a windows desktop running windows 7 and it worked! thought I would check the drone for updates, no luck no connection went back to the laptop and success! I would never have tried these crazy things if you had not posted your success - so thanks! and DJI get you act together!!
2019-3-29
Use props
fans79f5168c
New

United States

I received my smart controller and right out of the box had the similar update issue/experience. Thanks for the notes, I was able to use assistant 2 and update to 0400. Qwerky at best but got it done. To DJI, get your act together. Thats a lot of money to ask for a product that doesnt work as described.
2019-4-5
Use props
sunday9pm
New
Australia

What happened:

I have struggled with the same problem for days, and this solved it for me, too. Thank you! Vielen Dank!
2019-4-10
Use props
fansbb115485
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275466 ft
Italy

fcwest Posted at 3-11 11:10

Same my experience ....
2019-4-13
Use props
ItsDarts
lvl.1
United States

What happened:

DUDE! Thanks so much for this, it worked after figuring out I had to use a USB-C to USB-A cable, for some reason, my MacBook or the controller didn't like my USB-C to USB-C cable and assistant wouldn't see the controller. When I used an adapter on my Mac (Female USB-A to Male USBC) and the corresponding cable, Assistant saw the controller and upgrade worked. There were a couple times I thought it was hanging up but eventually pushed threw.

Sad that forum members discover fixes before the manufacturer.

PEOPLE, Upvote this guy!!!!
2019-4-16
Use props
fans8ad9dcd3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 858967 ft
United States

I must have got the same bad batch of smart controllers. Ifor the past month I have been trying to update the latest firmware 0.400 even with DJI assistant 2 and no luck. Then a few days ago a notification on the controller said there was an updated. So I did. When it was done. It said COMPLETE. I thought it was all behind me. Now it keeps telling me to update the latest firmware, the same 0.400.  I try and it stays at zero. For a few flights the dates were correct but the majority of the flight show 1-28-2013. Also it won’t Bluetooth with my apple phone. The controller works great when flying but other than that the software that runs it is crap. I’ll give it a few more times attempting to get it sorted out or DLI will be sending me a new one. I have been tolerating these issues, but when you get into 10-15 hours of attempting to get it to work properly it becomes unacceptable.
2019-4-20
Use props
fans8ad9dcd3
lvl.1
United States

My bad, the date of the flight is 1-18-2013. Also I just tried to do another .0400 update through DJI ASSISTANT 2 because the smart controller popped up telling to do so. Im sure when I go fly tomorrow the date will be the same. And yes I have changed the date on the controller and is current. DJI will be getting a call Monday
2019-4-20
Use props
fans8ad9dcd3
lvl.1
United States

I followed the steps DroneZone had suggested and it worked. Thank you. I ignored all of the pop ups and went through DJI assistant 2 and ran the download and it worked. You would think DJI would do a test run with the software before their consumers deal with it. Thanks again DroneZone. Let’s hope the date on the flight is accurate and not 1-18-2013. I’ll know tomorrow. I’ll keep you updated
2019-4-20
Use props
photo.sbozon
lvl.1
France

I've tried the DronezoneDe solution and it doesn't work.
That's just crazy to pay as much and to have such problem with an upgrade!
2019-4-28
Use props
photo.sbozon
lvl.1
France

DJI Tony Posted at 3-12 08:56
Hi, we're sorry for the late response. I will coordinate this with our designated department for further help. We'll keep you posted as soon as we receive the feedback from our team. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Hello
Any available solution?
Thanks
2019-4-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

photo.sbozon@gmail.com Posted at 4-28 01:42
Hello
Any available solution?
Thanks

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. For updating the firmware of your DJI Smart Controller, you may try to use the DJI Assistant 2 to possibly update the firmware. Please ensure that the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 updated. You may refer to the link below for you to download the latest DJI Assistant 2 version.

2019-4-28
Use props
fans5c80eb9a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1334682 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-28 10:16
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. For updating the firmware of your DJI Smart Controller, you may try to use the DJI Assistant 2 to possibly update the firmware. Please ensure that the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 updated. You may refer to the link below for you to download the latest DJI Assistant 2 version.

I have updated the DJI assistant and it won't download the update
15565050636965767198963376009597.jpg
2019-4-28
Use props
fans5c80eb9a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1334682 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-28 10:16

Tony, what's the deal here. This is ridiculous!
2019-4-28
Use props
fans5bf923b2
lvl.1
France

Hello all
It, finally, works for me!
I think that my mistake was to try with the "Dji assistant 2" used for my phantom 4 pro.
I uninstalled this version, downloaded the assistant 2 (Mavic 2 version) https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads restarted my Mac and launch it. The program recognized the controller and even if the first upgrade try failed à 16%, it worked on the second!
2019-5-6
Use props
Dap353
lvl.1
United Kingdom

#Quick Reply HereI had the same problem, the link in the DJI downloads page for the DJI Assistant 2 is the wrong version. I had to dump it and find the correct one, it's 2.0.8 you need. Its still very temperamental though. The update kept failing because of the SD card I think (have now removed it) and when I tried to fly the DJI Go4 app kept crashing. The first time it did it was in the middle of a flight. The controls still worked but I couldn't see through the camera so I had to land
2019-7-31
Use props
Dap353
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Its a nice piece of kit but has seriously annoyed me today. I had 4 jobs and I could only shoot two as the DJI app kept crashing. Had to factory reset.
2019-7-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules