Flight Logs Showing wrong date
1234Next >
14980 132 2019-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

anonymouse Posted at 4-15 01:44
Pleased to hear there will be a fix. However I would also like to know how the old logs will be corrected, either by the user or automatically  behind the scenes by DJI. I don’t want to spend the rest of my time as a DJI customer looking at logs which show previous flights from broken dates...

I'm afraid that the dates of previous flights cannot be changed, sorry about that. For later flights, you may
turn off the automatically obtain network time feature and manually modify the time to the correct one.
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Delta Tango Posted at 4-15 01:03
Has anyone here also had the issue where the flight data wasn't sync'd? I flew yesterday and my flights were not recorded. I can see the images so I know the drone was in the air. I haven't checked the timestamps but I will. For the sake of clarity, I am using the Smart Controller and all systems are running the most current firmware. Seems that there is a problem with the Smart Controller. Great idea, poor execution.

Hi Delta Tango, just to verify, do you refer to all flight records cannot be found in DJI Smart Controller? If yes, you may connect with PC and export the flight records to check:  File Manager–Internal Storage–Internal Storage-DJI–dji.go.v4–FlightRecord.
2019-4-16
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

Whats going on with this. My controller has had the same issue... Is there an update yet?
2019-4-16
Use props
Tripower
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22927 ft
Germany

I have the same problem and urgently waiting for a solution!

Even when the "automatic-date" is turned off in the settings, I have to set date and time manually every time, I switch on the SC (out of WLAN). That's not statisfiying at all!!!!

When will the firmware-update be available?

Regards from Germany

Gerrit
2019-4-16
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

Tripower Posted at 4-16 23:24
I have the same problem and urgently waiting for a solution!

Even when the "automatic-date" is turned off in the settings, I have to set date and time manually every time, I switch on the SC (out of WLAN). That's not statisfiying at all!!!!

It depends of course on your local network but I have found using the Wifi hotspot method fixes the time/date issue when out and about. Not ideal but simpler than manual re-sets.
2019-4-17
Use props
Tripower
lvl.1
Germany

There's no option for me to set a hotspot, so that method doesn't work for me .
2019-4-17
Use props
pramak.seznam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 391099 ft
Czechia

Hi, I have the same problems with SC, the manually set time does not work, when SC is turned off / on, the time and date always appear wrong. Please Susan, can you indicate when the FW upgrade will be released? Thanks in advance for the info. Greetings from the Czech Republic, Pramak
2019-4-17
Use props
Tripower
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Susan,
please give us an update, when the date-problem will be fixed. Is there a solution available the next days - or have we to wait for month again?

Gerrit
2019-4-17
Use props
manfredo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1891142 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all, not sure if this affects everyone but I'm finding that even with the Automatic Update of Date/Time disabled and the date/time manually set, my controller still resets to 2013. Thsi is pretty terrible, I just posted about this and included a video Here
2019-4-18
Use props
michimue88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 841260 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Same Problem here. SC shows the wrong Time and Date. Any solution available? DJI fix it please!
2019-4-18
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A firmware update has occured. https://forum.dji.com/thread-186813-1-1.html

So far the the release announced seems to be only partial as the DJIGO4 4.3.16 is not yet available but the aircraft component is.

The release notes for 4.3.16  do not mention a 'fixed issue' for the date/time error on the SC.
2019-4-18
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 4-18 23:23
A firmware update has occured. https://forum.dji.com/thread-186813-1-1.html

So far the the release announced seems to be only partial as the DJIGO4 4.3.16 is not yet available but the aircraft component is.

The post you linked to is a firmware update for the Mavic 2 Pro & Zoom and isn't related to the Smart Controller.  They very likely will need to release a Smart Controller specific firmware update to resolve this date issue.  Hopefully they release it very soon and it comes with at least v4.3.16 of the DJI Go 4 app.
2019-4-19
Use props
Jonny Lakewood
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484760 ft
United States

dronie1965 Posted at 4-13 10:49
Is it the 6 april gps reset causing this then or still somehow the.400 update?
Anyway dji should fix this realy really soon ,as it starting to irritate me that my flight records are screwed up now

dronie1965 - My flight records are affected with the Jan 18, 2013  date back to January.
2019-4-19
Use props
Jonny Lakewood
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 4-11 22:39
Hi TVOD, just to verify, do you use the Smart Controller when the wrong date appears? If yes, you may refer to 49# to confirm.

Hi Susan, relative to #49.  That action of manually setting the time/date does give subsequent flight records correct date and time but the location still shows "map loading" instead of the actual takeoff location (usually a city name).
2019-4-19
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’m seeing the same problem for the first time ever!

Updated the SmartController when the .0400 first came out 6 weeks or so ago and the aircraft to .0400 on Thursday morning shortly after it was released.

Flew this morning @9:30 am and then again @10:45 when I got home.

Looking at the logs this mornings flight is listed two days ago 18/4/19 at 3:05pm but the flight  just over an hour later is recorded at today’s correct date and time 20/4/19 at 10:45am

The only difference appears to be this mornings flight would not have been conn fed to Wi-Fi whereas the later flight was?

-=Glyn=-

PS. Well I’ve just checked again and now those earlier two flights @9:30 this morning 20th April 2019 have reappeared at the bottom of my flight log dated 18/01/2013 timed at 22:46 and 11:29

PPS. I can confirm what others are saying...when I initially turn on the SmatController it shows 18/01/2013 at 08:50 (my time zone is UK) and I have proved this by turning off the Wi-Fi with the current date/time, turning off the SmartController and turning it back on almost immediately and it shows the 2013 date & time. If Wi-Fi is on it boots up showing the 2013 date also but when it established a Wi-Fi connection the date/time is automatically set correctly.
2019-4-20
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 4-19 12:26
The post you linked to is a firmware update for the Mavic 2 Pro & Zoom and isn't related to the Smart Controller.  They very likely will need to release a Smart Controller specific firmware update to resolve this date issue.  Hopefully they release it very soon and it comes with at least v4.3.16 of the DJI Go 4 app.

Understood. I think DjiGO4 4.3.16 for the SC might include the dual control function but the date/time issue is a problem with the DJI deployment of Android 7.1.2.  The 'system update' function in settings is linked to DJIgo4 so it's possible 4.3.16 for the SC will implement some of the missing chunks of Android 7.1.2.

I live in hope.
2019-4-20
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There see,s to be another issue that is related to the smart controller and dates.

We did four sets of flights yesterday, so 20-4-19, and 1 flight early this morning so 21-4-19.

Now they are not showing on our smart controller at all.

All the pictures taken are there though?

Anyone else seen this issue?
2019-4-21
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 4-21 02:13
There see,s to be another issue that is related to the smart controller and dates.

We did four sets of flights yesterday, so 20-4-19, and 1 flight early this morning so 21-4-19.

The flights will be logged but they will be listed with a  Jan 2013 date. My fist conclusion was the same: no data but it's not the case, it's a date stamp error.
2019-4-21
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 4-21 03:25
The flights will be logged but they will be listed with a  Jan 2013 date. My fist conclusion was the same: no data but it's not the case, it's a date stamp error.

Thanks for that, yes just found them as you said with a 2013 date.

But where did it pick that date up from ?

2019-4-21
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 4-21 05:43

Quite why it's Jan 2013 is a mystery but its consistent with all the comment on this so far. You might also notice when you power up the SC the time at top left on the front screen is always 08.50 at first and then switches to internet time when the Wifi connection is made. A really big hole in the OS if you ask me.  
2019-4-21
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 4-21 05:43

If I'm correct there are two date bugs.  There's the more obvious one showing the year 2013.  Clearly erroneous.

The other that I've noticed is that it seems to latch on an earlier date when you flew.  While I've posted this before, in my case, I flew on March 20, 2019.  But the files had the date of March 8, 2019 which has been the last time I had the drone out for flying.  

While I'm not a licensed pilot and these date errors are not critical issues, they are very, very annoying.  It makes finding my latest pictures and videos hard to find and catalog and makes sorting them out from different dates hard, too.  This has been reported for at least a month now and you'd expect that they would have a fix.

Now I understand licensed pilots need accurate date info for their logs so this could be critical for them.
2019-4-21
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 4-21 07:00
If I'm correct there are two date bugs.  There's the more obvious one showing the year 2013.  Clearly erroneous.

The other that I've noticed is that it seems to latch on an earlier date when you flew.  While I've posted this before, in my case, I flew on March 20, 2019.  But the files had the date of March 8, 2019 which has been the last time I had the drone out for flying.  

It’s not only a nice to have it’s a legal requirement!

We have to submit our flight record logs to the CAA, and can be asked to produce them at anytime,

Failure to do so can lead to issues with our PfCO and Insurance, so they are a must have to be correct.
2019-4-21
Use props
djiuser_ywsUxmh4dnw8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146864 ft
France

Bonsoir,
C'est vraiment désolant d'avoir un tel problème d'horodatage avec un appareil aussi sophistiqué. On se croirait revenu au temps du bug informatique de l'an 2000. Que fait donc le grand  DJI pour solutionner au plus vite ce problème ?
2019-4-21
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_ywsUxmh4dnw8 Posted at 4-21 11:34
Bonsoir,
C'est vraiment désolant d'avoir un tel problème d'horodatage avec un appareil aussi sophistiqué. On se croirait revenu au temps du bug informatique de l'an 2000. Que fait donc le grand  DJI pour solutionner au plus vite ce problème ?

Yes,
It is remarkable a product of this expense cannot tell the time: this very basic problem has been flagged for months. I can't think of how damaging this is to DJI's reputation but my confidence in innovation by DJi is smashed.

I'd feel much better about this if there was a rapid response with some recognition of the commitment made in the purchase of such a product but the update release has not given this fix the priority it should have for professionals.  
2019-4-21
Use props
Tripower
lvl.1
Germany

As you can see in the leading german Kopter-Forums, the reputation of DJI sinks dramatically. That is caused by missing functions ("Waypoints") and   - very serious - in the malfunction of the date at the SC. An expensive product like the SC  can't suffer from such a failure. And it seems, that DJI is not interested very much in fixing this bug very soon. For a company like DJI it should last not more than a few days, to solve the problem and give an update. In fact, we're waiting since several weeks ....

Disappointed regards from Germany

Gerrit
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jonny Lakewood Posted at 4-19 20:15
Hi Susan, relative to #49.  That action of manually setting the time/date does give subsequent flight records correct date and time but the location still shows "map loading" instead of the actual takeoff location (usually a city name).

Hi Jonny, our engineers are working hard on the access issues with the relevant map vendors, please allow them some time. At present, the correct flight position will be here if you click to enter the record.
2019-4-21
Use props
JFcoGIS
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 4-21 22:17
Hi Jonny, our engineers are working hard on the access issues with the relevant map vendors, please allow them some time. At present, the correct flight position will be here if you click to enter the record.

DJI Susan.   I just got a message on the app to update my firmware to 01.00.0400.  You said that it would be fixed on the next firmware.  Can you confirm that the issue was fixed as you stated it would be earlier?
2019-4-22
Use props
JFcoGIS
New

United States

Delta Tango Posted at 4-15 01:03
Has anyone here also had the issue where the flight data wasn't sync'd? I flew yesterday and my flights were not recorded. I can see the images so I know the drone was in the air. I haven't checked the timestamps but I will. For the sake of clarity, I am using the Smart Controller and all systems are running the most current firmware. Seems that there is a problem with the Smart Controller. Great idea, poor execution.

Yes.  This same thing is happening about 50% of the time for me.
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JFcoGIS Posted at 4-22 11:24
DJI Susan.   I just got a message on the app to update my firmware to 01.00.0400.  You said that it would be fixed on the next firmware.  Can you confirm that the issue was fixed as you stated it would be earlier?

Hi JFcoGIS, 01.00.0400 was released around 1st, March, you may check the release note here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tes_EN_20190301.pdf We'll release on our website as long as the new version is ready. Appreciate your support and attention.
2019-4-22
Use props
JoelL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 229154 ft
Netherlands

I'm also experiencing this problem, any update on a fix?
2019-4-23
Use props
screcon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 816037 ft
United States

Same issue here with the M210 platform and any sensor/s used. Our commercial and SAR operations rely heavily on the time/date stamp of files. We often fly in rural areas with no connectivity. This needs a resolution soon, DJI.
2019-4-24
Use props
djiuser_E2kGg0WV6uIL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10394 ft
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 4-1 19:09
Looks like the problem is solved now, guys... have a look at yours logs!

Flight on 4/23/2019 logged 1/18/2013, normaly I have WIFI available, hot spot or puck, yesterday I did not. Firmware is current on controller and drone. Mavic Pro 2 with Smart Controller.  I will test today.
I noticed when you first power up the controller if you pull down the menu from the top it shows Jan 18 then once linked to the wireless it corrects the date.

Is there a keep the date setting a dead cmos battery?

Not fixed here.   
2019-4-24
Use props
Tripower
lvl.1
Germany

Just installed the brand-new firmware (v01.00.0530) - and it seems, that the "date-bug" has been fixed . I have started the SC in a "non WiFi-area" (and no Hotspot installed) an it shows the correct date & time. The photos on the SC-card in the kopter show the correct date/time as well.

Satisfied regards from Germany

Gerrit
2019-4-25
Use props
Jonny Lakewood
lvl.2
United States

Tripower Posted at 4-25 08:57
Just installed the brand-new firmware (v01.00.0530) - and it seems, that the "date-bug" has been fixed . I have started the SC in a "non WiFi-area" (and no Hotspot installed) an it shows the correct date & time. The photos on the SC-card in the kopter show the correct date/time as well.

Satisfied regards from Germany

Thanks for the update Tripower.  How did you find out the update was available?
2019-4-25
Use props
Tripower
lvl.1
Germany

The new update was announced in the german copter-forums (http://www.kopterforum.de/  ,  www.drohnen-forum.de ). And, when switching on the SC, it informed me about the available update (and did a download).

Gerrit
2019-4-25
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tripower Posted at 4-25 21:43
The new update was announced in the german copter-forums (http://www.kopterforum.de/  ,  www.drohnen-forum.de ). And, when switching on the SC, it informed me about the available update (and did a download).

Gerrit

I can confirm the date/time error is fixed with the 4.3.16 update https://forum.dji.com/thread-187590-1-1.html
2019-4-25
Use props
Jonny Lakewood
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 4-21 22:17
Hi Jonny, our engineers are working hard on the access issues with the relevant map vendors, please allow them some time. At present, the correct flight position will be here if you click to enter the record.

Susan,
Now that the 'date' update came thru, I was able to update the firmware of my Mavic 2Z, Smart Controller and standard controller.  The date issue appears to be solved.  
Now I need help addressing some other related issues:
-At the time, my Smart Controller sent a message to 3rd party Airdata UAV that my Mavic 2Z and my three batteries were purchased on that Jan 18, 2013 date. we've been haunted by.
-My controller is continues to send info to Airdata UAV that my batteries all have a min temp of 32 and a max temp of 32 with each flight.
I understand you can't work on 3rd party software, but your software caused this offset initially by sending erroneous data.  I flew all 3 batteries today in hopes the firmware update would How can I send the correct info to Airdata UAV to correct/update my data?
Has DJI reached out to Airdata UAV ?
Thank you,
JZ
2019-4-27
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dji ? Please info the developpers , that some stillnhave time issues. Date is apparently ok , but time doesnt match.

With me ( in the netherlands) when not connected to wifi , it sets the time + 1 hour.

So please organize a fix for this. Some people reported this, and so far i believe no reaction from moderators .
Once again please inform your engineers
2019-4-28
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Okay, I can tell you that neither the date nor the time are correct.  At least, for pictures that I downloaded from the Zoom to the Smart controller yesterday.  I took the pictures and videos yesterday and using the Preview or Review option (the icon under the Camera settings icon)  while powered on, I transferred those files to my SC.  They show a Date in June 2018.  That is not quite off by a year but close.

Can't this be fixed?

PLEASE.

Oh, this is with the new update for the SC installed day before yesterday.

2019-4-28
Use props
Twirlip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

I'm hitting the same problem right now.  I flew on April 24, took some photos and videos, shut down everything, shortly after 7PM.  Today (April 28) I flew and took some photos / videos at 11AM.  When I got back and downloaded everything into my computer... I find that the timestamps on the photos and videos are all wrong.  They're showing as being a bit after 7PM on 4/24, instead of a bit after 11AM on 4/28 as they should.

It's as if the clock is somehow continuing from the last time the Smart Controller was turned off.

This is incredibly aggravating and frustrating-- what 's the fix?
2019-4-28
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules