1234Next >
14976 132 2019-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ff22
lvl.4
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 4-1 19:09
Looks like the problem is solved now, guys... have a look at yours logs!

It is too late to fly but....

Was there an update to the software?  What, it just miraculously cured itself?
2019-4-1
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
Iceland

There's no way this has been fixed. I nearly had a heart attack yesterday when every single file on my card was dated for the day before and it was as if the 1st April never happened. No flight logs and all my files dated for the day before.

The flight logs area is so buggy and needs fixing. I've lost at least ten hours of logs and the file dating issue hasn't been fixed.
2019-4-2
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

Sadly I have to report the issue here in the UK. I am recently qualified PfCO and am required by law to maintain flight records. I have lodged an Operations Manual which states records will be kept by DJI and to meet the inspection requirement  I have a subscription with Airdata.com who can supply verified  CSV files. If the date time stamp for record is edited I am submitting falsified data.

2019-4-2
Use props
Jonny Lakewood
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484760 ft
United States

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 4-2 05:24
Sadly I have to report the issue here in the UK. I am recently qualified PfCO and am required by law to maintain flight records. I have lodged an Operations Manual which states records will be kept by DJI and to meet the inspection requirement  I have a subscription with Airdata.com who can supply verified  CSV files. If the date time stamp for record is edited I am submitting falsified data.

[view_image]

Billyboy,
I also have a subscription to Airdata UAV.  Check the General/Batteries and General/Drones info.  My information shows all my batteries and Mavic 2 Zoom where purchased on Jan 18, 2013.
Do you see anything odd in yours?
JZ
2019-4-2
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Jonny Lakewood Posted at 4-2 08:14
Billyboy,
I also have a subscription to Airdata UAV.  Check the General/Batteries and General/Drones info.  My information shows all my batteries and Mavic 2 Zoom where purchased on Jan 18, 2013.
Do you see anything odd in yours?

The battery data looks ok, even for the flights logged Jan 2013.
I have made a support call and emailed DJI:

"As of 1/4/2019 the controller reverts to a date and time in January 2013.
This problem is serious as it means flight logs are incorrect.
The time is reset if the Smart Controller is powered up without an internet connection, which means almost anywhere I fly.
As soon as WiFi is connected to the internet the time is reset correctly but the flight logs retain the date and time used at their creation.
Under direction from 'Ellex' when I called support I have done a factory re-set on the Smart controller but the date and time still revert January 2013 on re-start.
I am qualified PfCO in the UK and required to maintain flight data for inspection by the CAA and have submitted an operations manual which approved DJI as providing the data in electronic form.
If this problem is not resolved quickly I will have to revise procedures accordingly and explain to CAA why I have to do this.
If I have to do this it will mean CAA will be required to re-appraise the acceptance of DJI type approval for data.
I am not alone in having this issue: https://forum.dji.com/thread-183553-2-1.html
My controller is SN 13MDFCL0011346"

If I have to make a change request to CAA it involves a lot of paper work and could be a big problem if this impacts on class aproval for the Mavic Pro.
2019-4-2
Use props
Winnie vW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1582828 ft
Germany

Hey DJI Gamora, I´m working with german tv, with my Mavic Pro2 too and I still have the 18/3/2013 problem any solution to be seen?
THX from Germany
Winnie
2019-4-2
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

CloudVisual Posted at 4-2 01:08
There's no way this has been fixed. I nearly had a heart attack yesterday when every single file on my card was dated for the day before and it was as if the 1st April never happened. No flight logs and all my files dated for the day before.

The flight logs area is so buggy and needs fixing. I've lost at least ten hours of logs and the file dating issue hasn't been fixed.

For me it is fixed. My first logs were messed up just like yours. Now they are not. No updates to the software.... miraculously it was fixed
First picture, new  flight logs generated by smart controller, second picture all flights from all aircrafts, both sowing correct dates.
I also noticed that the dates were fixed when I synchronized the messed up flights in another device (my iPhone), and synchronized again in the Smart Controller. Maybe you should try this and see if it works.

Screenshot_20190402-235603.png
2019-4-2
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ro_flyer Posted at 4-2 19:53
For me it is fixed. My first logs were messed up just like yours. Now they are not. No updates to the software.... miraculously it was fixed
First picture, new  flight logs generated by smart controller, second picture all flights from all aircrafts, both sowing correct dates.
I also noticed that the dates were fixed when I synchronized the messed up flights in another device (my iPhone), and synchronized again in the Smart Controller. Maybe you should try this and see if it works.

It's not fixed but this shows the time/date field is subject to change.

I tried a sync of all flights on an android 'phone and the 2013 dates do not change on the 'phone.
I cleared the local cache on the SC, synced and the 2013 flights now appear with no date (todays?)  but at the bottom (earliest) place in the list. This is incorrect: they were flown yesterday.

HD Sync 1.3.1 uploaded all flights from the SC but retained the date error.

I'd very much like to see DJI respond to this as the legal aspect of this error is troubling.
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi All,
Sorry for keeping you waiting. I just got an update from our engineers that they will fix the date issue in the next firmware update.
We'll release as soon as it is ready. Currently, you may turn off the automatically obtain network time feature and manually modify the time to the correct time. Appreciate your support and patience.

2019-4-3
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 4-3 02:07
Hi All,
Sorry for keeping you waiting. I just got an update from our engineers that they will fix the date issue in the next firmware update. We'll release as soon as it is ready. Currently, you may turn off the automatically obtain network time feature and manually modify the time to the correct time. Appreciate your support and patience.

Hi there,
I'd like to know more about the update.
Is there a scheduled date for the next update?
Will the update solely address this issue or will it be included in a programme of feature improvement?
Given that this issue was first logged in November 2018 some indication of the priority would be useful.
This is a problem with serious implications for flight planning.
2019-4-3
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 4-3 02:22
Hi there,

DJI has opened the possibility to join Smart Controller beta tester for Smart Controller FW updates, check it out:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-185114-1-1.html
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 4-3 02:22
Hi there,

Hi Bill, thanks for heading up. I'm sorry that there is no scheduled date for now, we'll release on our website as soon as it is ready.  Generally, the firmware update may fix some issues and introduce some new features, please note our website for the future update. Hope for your understanding.
2019-4-3
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 4-3 19:01
Hi Bill, thanks for heading up. I'm sorry that there is no scheduled date for now, we'll release on our website as soon as it is ready.  Generally, the firmware update may fix some issues and introduce some new features, please note our website for the future update. Hope for your understanding.

Thank you DJI Susan.
The problem is this: My certification to operate includes use of DJI data for flight logs as required by law. If this is a long term problem  I now need to make a change request to the CAA for modification of procedure.

This is not trivial and could lead to a re-evaluation by the CAA of DJI flight data as legal.  
2019-4-3
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ro_flyer Posted at 4-3 13:42
DJI has opened the possibility to join Smart Controller beta tester for Smart Controller FW updates, check it out:

Done that. Although it may be risky to use beta data for flight logs it might be useful.

The date /time issue is the only mission critical problem I'm aware of but I have been surprised at how many apps (GPS status, Windfinder etc) won't run on the SC so perhaps there will be improvemt on that front too.

I have been advised to avoid early releases of firmware as flight control can be compromised but I guess someone has to be first!

2019-4-3
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ro_flyer Posted at 4-3 13:42

I don't know if beta testing will include cover for loss or damage as a result of using new code. We shall see.
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 4-3 22:47
Thank you DJI Susan.
The problem is this: My certification to operate includes use of DJI data for flight logs as required by law. If this is a long term problem  I now need to make a change request to the CAA for modification of procedure.

At present, you can turn off the automatically obtain network time feature and manually modify the time to the correct one. Please go to the "4 squares" icon on the 1st screen>Settings (gear icon)>scroll down to System>Date & Time.
2019-4-4
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 4-4 01:39
At present, you can turn off the automatically obtain network time feature and manually modify the time to the correct one. Please go to the "4 squares" icon on the 1st screen>Settings (gear icon)>scroll down to System>Date & Time.

Understood.

I'd like to know how temporary this arrangement is as it is a change in operational procedure and requires my operations manual to be re-submitted to the CAA for approval.

I'd rather not have to do this as I'll be unable to plan flights until the change is approved and these can take up to 28 days.

If the update is more than 28 days away I'll need to begin the process.
2019-4-4
Use props
RWPilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48940 ft
United States

I have received an email from DJI Support stating: "I am sending this message to inform you that as per our engineers, the issue that you are currently having on your Smart Controller with incorrect dates will be fixed by the next firmware update." In a subsequent email DJI support further stated the next update will also fix the incorrect date on photos and videos recorded on the Mavic 2 microSD card.
2019-4-5
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RWPilot Posted at 4-5 16:09
I have received an email from DJI Support stating: "I am sending this message to inform you that as per our engineers, the issue that you are currently having on your Smart Controller with incorrect dates will be fixed by the next firmware update." In a subsequent email DJI support further stated the next update will also fix the incorrect date on photos and videos recorded on the Mavic 2 microSD card.

Good to know but we still have no idea of when this will happen. It is frustrating to ground my operations while I wait for clarity on this.
2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 4-4 05:07
Understood.

I'd like to know how temporary this arrangement is as it is a change in operational procedure and requires my operations manual to be re-submitted to the CAA for approval.

Our engineers are working on it and we're sorry that there is no estimated date for now, please keep an eye on our website for the future update. Hope for your understanding.
2019-4-8
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 4-8 17:58
Our engineers are working on it and we're sorry that there is no estimated date for now, please keep an eye on our website for the future update. Hope for your understanding.

I received this today:

Dear Bill,

Thank you for your patience.

I got an update that we may release the new firmware in this week or next week, but it is not a guarantee and please keep an eye on our official release note.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Best Regards,

DJI Technical Support
2019-4-9
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 4-9 09:03
I received this today:

Dear Bill,
yeaaaah,
i have now .440 Firmware in stead of .400 , but hopefully they come with a new new Firmware as .440 still is carrying the january 2013 bug. I bought the sc yesterday and it came with this firmware.
9A84785C-AAC6-4C31-BE9B-8EB240F39880.jpeg
2019-4-9
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

dronie1965 Posted at 4-9 09:20
yeaaaah,
i have no .440 Firmware in stead of .400 , but hopefully they come with a new new Firmware as .440 still is carrying the january 2013 bug. I bought the sc yesterday and it came with this firmware.

Interesting...you have to wonder what the difference between 01.00.0440 and 01.00.0400 is. Just how many holes are there in this thing?

Let's see what happens in the next 2 weeks.
2019-4-9
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 4-9 09:58
Interesting...you have to wonder what the difference between 01.00.0440 and 01.00.0400 is. Just how many holes are there in this thing?

Let's see what happens in the next 2 weeks.

maybe a bug too .440 and .400 //dji mixes up the number fours
2019-4-9
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

I wonder if .400 and .440 are regional differences.  Mine shows .400 as the most recent.
2019-4-9
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

ff22 Posted at 4-9 11:52
I wonder if .400 and .440 are regional differences.  Mine shows .400 as the most recent.
Hmmm, i am not sure. Strange thing.it came like this right out of the box. I did not had to do any firmware updates, so i pressume it was very fresh produced , maybe already with somekind of new fw
2019-4-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dronie1965 Posted at 4-9 09:20
yeaaaah,
i have no .440 Firmware in stead of .400 , but hopefully they come with a new new Firmware as .440 still is carrying the january 2013 bug. I bought the sc yesterday and it came with this firmware.

Hi dronie1965, V01.00.0440 is a newer version that pre-installed before the products leaving the factory. The new firmware will be available soon, please kindly note our website for the update, thank you!
2019-4-10
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 4-10 02:07
Hi dronie1965, V01.00.0440 is a newer version that pre-installed before the products leaving the factory. The new firmware will be available soon, please kindly note our website for the update, thank you!

Okiedokie
Thanks
2019-4-10
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Will this fix the wrong date on my mavic 2  my sd card thinks its 1979
2019-4-10
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
United Kingdom

GABarber Posted at 3-22 16:07
I have the same issue - Mavic 2 Pro - Smart Controller - all my pictures come out with the same date!

Hi im having the same problem, just wondering what date is on your SD card, mine says 31 december 1979,
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TVOD Posted at 4-10 12:44
Hi Will this fix the wrong date on my mavic 2  my sd card thinks its 1979

Hi TVOD, just to verify, do you use the Smart Controller when the wrong date appears? If yes, you may refer to 49# to confirm.
2019-4-11
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 4-11 22:39
Hi TVOD, just to verify, do you use the Smart Controller when the wrong date appears? If yes, you may refer to 49# to confirm.

Ok Cheers Susan
2019-4-12
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi can anyone tell when this issue started, my videos are ok until the 30th march, i did not fly until 6th apri due to bad weather and thats when things go wrong for me, i have seen some posts that seem to suggest that the last firmware update caused it, thats not the case for me, the fix works for me, but my SD card still thinks its 1979.
2019-4-13
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

TVOD Posted at 4-13 10:10
Hi can anyone tell when this issue started, my videos are ok until the 30th march, i did not fly until 6th apri due to bad weather and thats when things go wrong for me, i have seen some posts that seem to suggest that the last firmware update caused it, thats not the case for me, the fix works for me, but my SD card still thinks its 1979.
Is it the 6 april gps reset causing this then or still somehow the.400 update?
Anyway dji should fix this realy really soon ,as it starting to irritate me that my flight records are screwed up now
2019-4-13
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

dronie1965 Posted at 4-13 10:49
Is it the 6 april gps reset causing this then or still somehow the.400 update?
Anyway dji should fix this realy really soon ,as it starting to irritate me that my flight records are screwed up now

Interesting, The GPS epoch date re-set may be an explanation of the difference between the offline date and the online one.. I read Garmin have had issues on some devices too.
2019-4-14
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 4-14 06:07
Interesting, The GPS epoch date re-set may be an explanation of the difference between the offline date and the online one.. I read Garmin have had issues on some devices too.

Well, that may not have helped in this issue but my DATE issues were from March 20 and possibly earlier but I might not have noticed.  My March 20th photos/videos showed a March 8th date.  Other files showed that 2013 year glitch.  March 8th was the date that I had previously flown the drone so that date appears to have stuck and became the basis for the time/date stamp.
2019-4-14
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 4-14 06:07
Interesting, The GPS epoch date re-set may be an explanation of the difference between the offline date and the online one.. I read Garmin have had issues on some devices too.

Talking about garmin. On my garmin cycle computer , it also resetted everything around this date.It deleted the total km distance and put some settings to 0 and i had to start from scratch.
So maybe dji is not telling us everything. But then again , inbelieve it all started with .400 update. Lets wait and see, the moderators  more them less told that there will be a fw update last week to 2 weeks, so i pressume they will come with this update coming week.
2019-4-14
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 4-14 08:10
Well, that may not have helped in this issue but my DATE issues were from March 20 and possibly earlier but I might not have noticed.  My March 20th photos/videos showed a March 8th date.  Other files showed that 2013 year glitch.  March 8th was the date that I had previously flown the drone so that date appears to have stuck and became the basis for the time/date stamp.

In my case the only definite in this is that the error occurred after 25th March 2019, a date which is not related to FW update in my case.

As the data on the Mavic SD card appears to be date / time stamped correctly it would appear to be an error local to the smart controller operating system rather than DJIgo4.
2019-4-14
Use props
Delta Tango
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3655085 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Has anyone here also had the issue where the flight data wasn't sync'd? I flew yesterday and my flights were not recorded. I can see the images so I know the drone was in the air. I haven't checked the timestamps but I will. For the sake of clarity, I am using the Smart Controller and all systems are running the most current firmware. Seems that there is a problem with the Smart Controller. Great idea, poor execution.
2019-4-15
Use props
anonymouse
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 4-3 02:07
Hi All,
Sorry for keeping you waiting. I just got an update from our engineers that they will fix the date issue in the next firmware update.
We'll release as soon as it is ready. Currently, you may turn off the automatically obtain network time feature and manually modify the time to the correct time. Appreciate your support and patience.

Pleased to hear there will be a fix. However I would also like to know how the old logs will be corrected, either by the user or automatically  behind the scenes by DJI. I don’t want to spend the rest of my time as a DJI customer looking at logs which show previous flights from broken dates...
2019-4-15
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules