12584 11 2019-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crash&Burn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Decided to try the Pilot app update that was just released for the Mavic 2 Enterprise, on my Mavic 2 Zoom.

DJI Pilot Mapping Mission test on Mavic V2 Zoom, Waypoints, Mapping, Google earth kml file import.

New version of Pilot released, version 1.2.0, which supports Waypoint missions and .kml Google Earth waypoint imports. For waypoints, you do NOT need to be connected to the aircraft. The current release on the manual for the Mavic Enterprise drone does not yet have these updates. I have been using Pilot on my Mavic 2 Zoom since the beginning and it has always worked well.  To create a Waypoint mission, from the startup screen select Mission Flight.

Next you have 2 options, kml import or Create a Route.

Next you have 2 options, Waypoint or Mapping.

I selected Mapping and was presented with the map screen. Zoom in to the area you want, as small as the roof of a house if you want, in any location on earth. Obviously if you select a mission point at another location, you will need to fly or transport your drone to that location. If your start point is say 1000 feet away, you can manually fly your drone to the start location, then Start Your Mission while the drone is in the air hovering.

Next you will get a mission setup screen, for the Mavic V2, you will need to manually enter the camera setup. Phantom drones are already populated in the camera list. Select Custom Camera/Add Camera a supply a name, sensor width 6.16mm, sensor height 4.63mm and focal length 24mm, for the Zoom, for the Pro you need to supply the information for that. You can Google the information if you don’t have it.

Then select Done and hit the back arrow. The default altitude is 100 meters, for me I adjusted in down to 30 meters, and left the default speed (very slow).

Select your Completion Action, I used Return To Home.

Next hit Advanced Settings and adjust Side Overlap, Frontal Overlap, Course Angle and margin to suit your needs.

Now zoom in on the map and drag the corners of your mapping area to fit your needs, as you drag the map, the drone route will update. At the bottom on the screen, the Number of Waypoints and the Number of Photos will update as you move the mapping area around.

Mission 7.png

When you finished hit Save, if it looks right, hit the Play button, and you will see a mission summary, then click start.

Have Fun.

Mission 1.png
Mission 2.png
Mission 3.png
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Crash&Burn. Thank you for sharing these information with us and thank you for your support. Great work.
2019-3-11
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Did you actually fly this mission?
The area covered, the height flown, the camera settings, GSD do not make sense in the resulting flight pattern and a flight time of more than 2 hours.
2019-3-11
Use props
Crash&Burn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Keule Posted at 3-11 20:33
Did you actually fly this mission?
The area covered, the height flown, the camera settings, GSD do not make sense in the resulting flight pattern and a flight time of more than 2 hours.

Correct, I failed to screen capture the mission I flew, so I drew that real quick to get a screen cap to show people. The mission I did fly however turned out to be right at the limit of the batteries charge, so I canceled it, changed the battery and tried again, this time I flew manually to the starting location, then hit play to start the mission. The flight speed is very slow, and I could not over-ride it, so by starting the mission about 3000 feet from the start point, the battery was being used up just getting to the mission area.
2019-3-12
Use props
Crash&Burn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Also notice that the 'demo' mission would have resulted in over 2000 photos.....something to keep an eye on for sure.
2019-3-12
Use props
Fiber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 605663 ft

Germany

did you find a way to change the battery and continue the mission?
2019-4-2
Use props
Crash&Burn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fiber Posted at 4-2 04:04
did you find a way to change the battery and continue the mission?

Hum, I didn't try that, I'm not sure
2019-4-4
Use props
rayborg
New
United States

Thanks for the information. What if I want to shoot at 48mm (2x optical zoom?) and what pic dimensions should I use, when I leave the default settings it says it's incorrect.
2019-5-19
Use props
dod888
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36673 ft
Indonesia

What program you used later  to processing the result from DJI Pilot?
I tempted to use DJI Pilot to map my land.
2019-8-22
Use props
djiuser_KmfBocqxRuF1
New

United States

What is margin? Is it how often photos are taken, default of every 25m?
2020-12-3
Use props
djiuser_KEqPciCpuRhN
lvl.1

Brazil

Boa tarde,
Como configurar a custom camera para o mavic 2 pro?
2021-4-19
Use props
djiuser_KEqPciCpuRhN
lvl.1

Brazil

Boa tarde,
Como configurar a custom camera para o mavic 2 pro?
2021-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules