240 GB CineSSD Shows write protected
1452 1 2019-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hogtopia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2723 ft
United States

I was launching my Inspire 2 this afternoon and received a message that SSD needed to be formatted but I was not offered the optoin in the DJ Go 4 software.  I plugged the SSD into the Cine Station on my Mac and could see the previous files on there and so I decided to just format it.  Disk Utility said the disk was write protected.  Which is odd, as I've been able to format the SSD previously.  I checked my other SSD and it too was not writeable.  

I then switched to a Windows 10 machine with the same result.  I'm not sure how but the disks are not useable and cannot be formatted in the drone or in the station.  

I could not find a reference to a write protect switch or software setting.

I'm at a loss as both my SSDs are unusable and I'm not sure why or what happened.

Others have this issue?
2019-3-11
Use props
Hogtopia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2723 ft
United States

Answering my own question.  I'm not sure why but ...

I packed away everything last night and prepared the unit for a flight this morning.  Installed the CineSSD, batteries, powered on and installed the Camera.  Then, fired up the iPad and controller and I no longer am receiving the format error and was able to successfully format the SSD.  I can no longer write to the SSD which I could do previously so my assumption is that there is some sequence happening in the background with DJI and firmware that I don't have visibility to.

Regardless, I'm back up an running although still confused by the change in behaviour of the CineSSD.
2019-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules