Current charging speed too slow
21449 73 2019-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PQIUDyMzXHbp
New
Australia

fans9e8e3dc4 Posted at 2020-12-12 11:15
I’ve been having this issue for over a year with my Mavic 2 Zoom. I put it down to the wrong cable even though I was pretty sure it was the one that came with it. But I just bought a Mavic 2 Pro August 2020 and it has the same issue. The new drone came with the smart controller as well. I’ve tried charging both with both chargers and it’s the same on both, getting the low charging message on both.

How can a brand new drone out of the box have this issue?

Hi everyone, I have a brand new drone 3/02/2020 with same issue no matter what charger/cable. I have found the only way to get the fast charging active was to have the controller on, then plug in the charging cable. It starts off as slow charge, then within 30 seconds it switches in to fast charge and makes a chime. If you then turn the controller off it will go back to slow charge. It will continue to charge as fast speed if display/controller is left on
2021-2-3
Use props
djiuser_PQIUDyMzXHbp
New
Australia

Hi everyone, I have a brand new drone 3/02/2020 with same issue no matter what charger/cable. I have found the only way to get the fast charging active was to have the controller on, then plug in the charging cable. It starts off as slow charge, then within 30 seconds it switches in to fast charge and makes a chime. If you then turn the controller off it will go back to slow charge. It will continue to charge as fast speed if display/controller is left on
2021-2-3
Use props
GRUMPY69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13711 ft
United Kingdom

buy a 18w usb plug and put your cable into that and it will charge so much quicker and the lights ontop of the controller flash faster because. i had the same problem and DJI done nothing to help they are usless and just take your money.
DJI supply you a cable that does nothing and they should be adding the usb plug in with the controller so we all dont have this issue but they just want to save money.
and everytime you ask a question they just beat around the bush with another stupid question.
just own up to it and say you messed up and sort out the problem.
2021-2-8
Use props
DCavazosTx1701
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1185328 ft
United States

I got it at first when I was using the controller and charging.  But it is for mobile use. I purchased a 30w type c fast charger and nothing has been a better fit.  Quicker and easier to use for short time quickly charging back in the air.
2021-2-13
Use props
Snapon Wally
New

United States

We had this samesissue!!  Very frustrating...   We plugged the DJI Smart Controller into black square block, my husband plugged it in quickly to the block... Wahlah!  It worked.  It is charging fast!   The other chargers we plugged into didn't work.. slow charges... even losing a charge...  The black block that came with it is the fast charger!
2021-4-25
Use props
Nervous Twitch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 600538 ft
Canada

I've had this issue since I picked up the Smart Controller and Mavic 2 Pro combination last year.
The charger that came with it, specifically states it only supplies a total of 5volts and 2 amps to the USB ports (USB-a plug in, and the attached micro usb charging port)

The controller complains that it is charging slow, and to connect it to the supplied components, but the supplied components are not capable or providing the voltage/amp levels required for it.
This is totally **NOT** DJI.
**EDIT** DJI actually have a second charging brick in factory combos for the smart controller.

2021-5-24
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nervous Twitch Posted at 5-24 06:51
I've had this issue since I picked up the Smart Controller and Mavic 2 Pro combination last year.
The charger that came with it, specifically states it only supplies a total of 5volts and 2 amps to the USB ports (USB-a plug in, and the attached micro usb charging port)

some of the pitfalls of buying 3rd party unapproved combos.  does dji supply the fast charger in their approved combos?
2021-5-25
Use props
Nervous Twitch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 600538 ft
Canada

The Saint Posted at 5-25 08:15
some of the pitfalls of buying 3rd party unapproved combos.  does dji supply the fast charger in their approved combos?

Well... Now I feel silly
I have an official combo, but somehow the small brick disappeared.
To be sure, before I replied though, I looked up an unboxing video, and absolutely, it seems the approved combos did in fact come with a second charging brick, specifically for the controller.
2021-5-25
Use props
FloridaNext
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Nervous Twitch Posted at 5-25 09:02
Well... Now I feel silly
I have an official combo, but somehow the small brick disappeared.
To be sure, before I replied though, I looked up an unboxing video, and absolutely, it seems the approved combos did in fact come with a second charging brick, specifically for the controller.

Yes, I have the combo too and the SC brick charger was in another small box in the box. So you get a charger for the AC and a second one for the SC.
2021-5-25
Use props
djiuser_Hc47SLT0OzfM
New

United States

This problem still persists. I had a a smart controller that started doing this after the most recent firmware update. I tried EVERYTHING. Customer support said send it back, so I did. They sent me a brand new Smart Controller and as soon as I plugged it in, the EXACT same message came up. Regardless of what combination of cords I use, the same problem persists, slow charging speed - which BTW took over 24 hours to charge my battery to 25%.
2021-6-29
Use props
djiuser_PYpVsOVTPFAi
New

Italy

Ho comprato un mavic air 2 combo anche io stesso problema. Settimana scorsa mi hanno sostituito il tutto.... Ma niente!!! Stesso problema. Assurdo 1.400 euro e avere un problema così rilevante.
2021-7-23
Use props
EFRPIC
lvl.4

United States

I bought this on Amazon as a spare. Does fast charging and works great:  Amazon dropped RAV but they have their own webpage now.
Its' the following: RP-PC006 Wall Charger. 2 USB outputs - each up to 18W
$21.99 @ https://www.ravpower.com/collections/wall-chargers

2021-7-23
Use props
djiuser_rIT6q56tw3QH
lvl.1

United States

Just bought one for my son directly from DJI. Right out of the box it will only charge at 34% after 4 to 5 hours on the fast charger. The controller also displays a message stating to use a fast charger ! DJI tech-support acted like they have no knowledge of any issue.
2021-8-31
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_rIT6q56tw3QH Posted at 8-31 11:44
Just bought one for my son directly from DJI. Right out of the box it will only charge at 34% after 4 to 5 hours on the fast charger. The controller also displays a message stating to use a fast charger ! DJI tech-support acted like they have no knowledge of any issue.

You need a "QC3" enabled charger and a good cable. The cable that came with the SC seems to be hit and miss. My SC, which was a DJI refurbished, did NOT come with a charger. If you purchased as part of a combo (SC and drone as opposed to the "regular" remote) they may be a different charger brick somewhere in the box just for the SC? I tried all of the "quick chargers" I have in the house but it really never fast-charged until I got a "Certified QC 3.0" fast charger

2021-9-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

jmb63 Posted at 9-2 06:10
You need a "QC3" enabled charger and a good cable. The cable that came with the SC seems to be hit and miss. My SC, which was a DJI refurbished, did NOT come with a charger. If you purchased as part of a combo (SC and drone as opposed to the "regular" remote) they may be a different charger brick somewhere in the box just for the SC? I tried all of the "quick chargers" I have in the house but it really never fast-charged until I got a "Certified QC 3.0" fast charger

I have a Lenovo Chromebook with a 45 watt power supply. I use it and the DJI supplied charger. Both work great on either the RC or hub.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=lenov ... -three_browse-bin_8
2021-9-2
Use props
DCavazosTx1701
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1185328 ft
United States

I received the notification as well.  What I did was up graded the charger for a superfast phone charger for my galaxy note 20 and problem solved I don't believe that the charger was initially meant to go out with the bundle.  So if they didn't provide a way of charging the product it would have been an issue.  However they are not going to make any additional profit giving you a more costly accessory to do the same thing with a a few additional minutes.  But try upgrading your charger to 3.0 v 65w charging cube. If you look on Amazon and suggest you get a good rated product with authentic reviews.  Good luck
2021-9-27
Use props
1typhoon_tommy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74780 ft
United States

Old thread, Yes... But I am having this issue, new Air 2s Smart controller, same problem.
Correct charger, correct cable, same message. "Current charging speed slow. Please use the charger that comes with the device for a faster charging speed."
8 hours so far, and only at 86%.
2021-11-13
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

1typhoon_tommy Posted at 11-13 17:37
Old thread, Yes... But I am having this issue, new Air 2s Smart controller, same problem.
Correct charger, correct cable, same message. "Current charging speed slow. Please use the charger that comes with the device for a faster charging speed."
8 hours so far, and only at 86%.

It appears that DJI either didn't put the correct charger in with the SC or no charger at all with some...A few people have reported that the required SC charger was in the box but kind of hidden away in a weird cut-out in the packaging.
Best to forget that and just get a charger certified for QC3 (Quick Charge 3) that, and a good USB 3.0 cable WILL fast charge the SC! I have 3 different QC3 chargers including one for the car and they all will fast charge the SC
2021-11-14
Use props
Ikepuch
New

United States

Yes,  I am getting this message from a $800.00 controller that takes 48 hours to charge.
2021-12-10
Use props
1typhoon_tommy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74780 ft
United States

jmb63 Posted at 11-14 03:16
It appears that DJI either didn't put the correct charger in with the SC or no charger at all with some...A few people have reported that the required SC charger was in the box but kind of hidden away in a weird cut-out in the packaging.
Best to forget that and just get a charger certified for QC3 (Quick Charge 3) that, and a good USB 3.0 cable WILL fast charge the SC! I have 3 different QC3 chargers including one for the car and they all will fast charge the SC

You were correct! I ended up replacing it, and when the second one arrived, low & behold, inside the box was a small USB charger. Now I'm not positive that I didn't miss it in the first box, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't with it.
Anyway, the SC controller lights now flash in an extremely fast rhythm and charges in just a few hours.
2021-12-12
Use props
djiuser_VzNpApGgU1Y4
New

United States

MavicProRo Posted at 2019-6-14 08:11
Today, the combo of the M2P and SC has been delivered to me (Germany).

Even when connecting the SC to the special charger, part of the delivery which also includes USB A to USB C cable, (Output 17.6V - 3.41A or 17.0V - 3.53A, 5.0V - 2.0A) the SC gives a warning message thath the current charging speed is slow and that the original charger which came with the delivery should be used (although I am exactly using that charger).

I have the very same problem, same message. I had it with this company I am returning the full $ 1500 package. Enough is enough.
2022-6-7
Use props
djiuser_VzNpApGgU1Y4
New

United States

I’ve been having this issue for over a year with my Mavic 2 Zoom. I put it down to the wrong cable even though I was pretty sure it was the one that came with it. But I just bought a Mavic 2 Pro August 2020 and it has the same issue. The new drone came with the smart controller as well. I’ve tried charging both with both chargers and it’s the same on both, getting the low charging message on both.

because it is a ...y company, that's why. I had enough
2022-6-7
Use props
djiuser_VzNpApGgU1Y4
New

United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 2020-7-29 12:46
I have a new unit dated June 19, 2020 (M2P combo) with no issues. As old as this thread is, my guess would be things have been worked out. Just my $.02

nothing has been worked out - I have the problem on a brand new unit i unboxed today, June 2022.
2022-6-7
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I get the same thing when I connect the SC to the computer by USB, but all goes well when I do file transfers etc.  I use the Original AC to USB converter to charge the Mini2 batteries, and the Smart Controller, it takes longer than the fast charger that is for sale, but all works fine.
2022-6-11
Use props
djiuser_X46FL6gw6Lmj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3136854 ft
Canada

Here the solution for dji smart controller slow charging!
You need a Samsung Adaptive fast charging.

Phone charging usb.
13$ at Amazon.

IMG_20220612_013002.jpg
IMG_20220612_011520.jpg
2022-6-11
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Marleyman Posted at 2019-3-12 09:26
Hi and thanks DJI Tony. It's a brand new Smart Controller and Mavic 2 Pro Combo that I purchased from one of your Authorized DJI Resellers on Amazon. I have just chatted with DJI online and they want me to box up my Smart Controller with a Repair Request.

The bummer is, now I can't use my new Mavic 2 Pro for weeks :-(

So you got the Mavic 2 and Smart Controller together.  Did you leave the charger connected for an hour or more?  Even causing that window to come up, it still should have charged.
I got the same window on my Smart Controller and I still let it just cruise along and take 5 to 6 hours to charge up.  I am pretty sure that
no matter how much or little you have used the controller, when you plug it to charge it goes all the way to the bottom and charges completely
- NOT - just what you have used.
2022-6-16
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

jmb63 Posted at 2021-11-14 03:16
Best to forget that and just get a charger certified for QC3 (Quick Charge 3) that, and a good USB 3.0 cable WILL fast charge the SC! I have 3 different QC3 chargers including one for the car and they all will fast charge the SC

I found vendors pulling the DJI charger out of bundles and selling them for $34~$39 --  but now the DJI SC isn't being sold other then pulls from bundles where they are replacing the SC with SC Pro.
2022-7-10
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_X46FL6gw6Lmj Posted at 6-11 21:57

Where does it say 12V 2amp?
2022-7-10
Use props
FrankZ70
lvl.1

Germany

djiuser_X46FL6gw6Lmj Posted at 2022-6-11 21:57
I also have the problem with the SC and fast charging. Mine didn't come with a charger at all, so I had to look for something suitable. And that doesn't seem to be so easy! Thanks DJI :-/
I use exactly the same Samsung USB charger, only for the European market with the corresponding AC plug (EP-TA20EBE). But I had to charge the empty SC for about 12 hours until 100% ...
I have now ordered and tested several USB chargers with "Quick Charge 3.0" support on Amazon, none of them supported fast charging on the SC - at least that is what the message on the display tells me. Of course, I had also tested other cables.
Currently, I have noticed a special feature in one charger and I hope that this means "fast charging": I use a "UGREEN 3-Port PD Fast Charger" https://www.amazon.de/dp/B09P647HJP. It also shows the message on the switched-on SC that charging would be slow. But when the SC is switched off and I then plug in the same charging cable, the charging LEDs flash slowly at first and after 3 seconds they start flashing fast. This suggests fast charging to me. I have not noticed this effect with any of the other chargers I have.
I have to test it further and will get back to you...

I am very disappointed in DJI for not offering help in this regard. The only reference is to the original DJI charger, which is not available anywhere. And the support here doesn't get back to me either. The problem is probably simply ignored. Very disappointing and frustrating :-(
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

I’ve been having this issue for over a year with my Mavic 2 Zoom. I put it down to the wrong cable even though I was pretty sure it was the one that came with it. But I just bought a Mavic 2 Pro August 2020 and it has the same issue. The new drone came with the smart controller as well. I’ve tried charging both with both chargers and it’s the same on both, getting the low charging message on both.

Hello there! We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Kindly check the following guidelines below.

1) Kindly use the standard charger and data cable. If the original charger and data cable are used, try to connect the charger and data cable again. If the issue persists, please send back the products for repair( the charger, data cable, and DJI Smart Controller).
2) If a third-party charger is used, the charger needs to support QC2.0 or higher charging protocols, or the prompt will be shown. It is recommended that the original charger and data cable be used.
3) If a third-party charging cable is used and the prompt is shown, the cable quality is poor. It is recommended that the original charger and data cable be used.

Please let us know if it fixes it, and if not, kindly send the device for testing. Contact https://www.dji.com/support for assistance.
2023-8-11
Use props
FrankZ70
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 8-11 08:30
Hello there! We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Kindly check the following guidelines below.

1) Kindly use the standard charger and data cable. If the original charger and data cable are used, try to connect the charger and data cable again. If the issue persists, please send back the products for repair( the charger, data cable, and DJI Smart Controller).

And yet another unsatisfactory standard answer! Then please tell me where the original charger and data cable can be obtained!
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

FrankZ70 Posted at 8-11 08:37
And yet another unsatisfactory standard answer! Then please tell me where the original charger and data cable can be obtained!

HI! Thank you for getting back to us. You may visit one of our retailers at https://www.dji.com/global/where-to-buy/online-stores . Have a nice day!
2023-8-11
Use props
FrankZ70
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 8-11 12:06
HI! Thank you for getting back to us. You may visit one of our retailers at https://www.dji.com/global/where-to-buy/online-stores . Have a nice day!

Ok thank you very much for the link DJI Diana! But try to find the right charger for the RM500 Smart Controller there, good luck. I had no luck. But I did find the DJI 65W charger which "might" work. However, for 79 EUR plus 10.12 EUR shipping costs ...

I have now found a charger on Amazon which arrived today and I tested it immediately:
"65W USB C Charger, YHEMI 65W Wall Charger USB A & USB C Dual Port with Power Delivery and Quick Charge 3.0 Compatible with iPhone/Pad/MacBook, Google Pixel 6 Pro, Galaxy, Huawei, Xiaomi and More".
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B09YHDV4ZS

This charger now works with quick charge function both when the Smart Controller is on and off. It charges at 12 V with 1.92 A. However, only with a USB-A to USB-C cable. Unfortunately, USB-C to USB-C only works with slow charging. I have tested different cables with this charger.
So for me this is now hopefully the solution and I hope for all others with this problem as well :-)
... oh and what is also nice: For this 65W charger I now also paid 64 € less than I would have to pay for the DJI charger ;-)

Have a nice day too DJI Diana :-)

2023-8-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

FrankZ70 Posted at 8-12 07:53
Ok thank you very much for the link DJI Diana! But try to find the right charger for the RM500 Smart Controller there, good luck. I had no luck. But I did find the DJI 65W charger which "might" work. However, for 79 EUR plus 10.12 EUR shipping costs ...

I have now found a charger on Amazon which arrived today and I tested it immediately:

Apologies again for any inconvenience and thanks for the information you shared. Feel free to reach out at any time for any inquiries you might have in the future. I'll try my best to help.
2023-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules