Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Current charging speed too slow
10007 59 2019-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomAir9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64797 ft
United States

Just to let you know, the controller will charge just fine at the slower speed. Just takes longer.  You must be using a USB 3.0 cable.
2020-12-23
Use props
Yanks917
lvl.1

United States

2021 update** used the wire that came with my Mavic Air 2 and works the correct way.
1-21 08:22
Use props
djiuser_PQIUDyMzXHbp
New
Australia

fans9e8e3dc4 Posted at 2020-12-12 11:15
I’ve been having this issue for over a year with my Mavic 2 Zoom. I put it down to the wrong cable even though I was pretty sure it was the one that came with it. But I just bought a Mavic 2 Pro August 2020 and it has the same issue. The new drone came with the smart controller as well. I’ve tried charging both with both chargers and it’s the same on both, getting the low charging message on both.

How can a brand new drone out of the box have this issue?

Hi everyone, I have a brand new drone 3/02/2020 with same issue no matter what charger/cable. I have found the only way to get the fast charging active was to have the controller on, then plug in the charging cable. It starts off as slow charge, then within 30 seconds it switches in to fast charge and makes a chime. If you then turn the controller off it will go back to slow charge. It will continue to charge as fast speed if display/controller is left on
2-3 13:55
Use props
djiuser_PQIUDyMzXHbp
New
Australia

Hi everyone, I have a brand new drone 3/02/2020 with same issue no matter what charger/cable. I have found the only way to get the fast charging active was to have the controller on, then plug in the charging cable. It starts off as slow charge, then within 30 seconds it switches in to fast charge and makes a chime. If you then turn the controller off it will go back to slow charge. It will continue to charge as fast speed if display/controller is left on
2-3 13:56
Use props
GRUMPY69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13711 ft
United Kingdom

buy a 18w usb plug and put your cable into that and it will charge so much quicker and the lights ontop of the controller flash faster because. i had the same problem and DJI done nothing to help they are usless and just take your money.
DJI supply you a cable that does nothing and they should be adding the usb plug in with the controller so we all dont have this issue but they just want to save money.
and everytime you ask a question they just beat around the bush with another stupid question.
just own up to it and say you messed up and sort out the problem.
2-8 01:29
Use props
DCavazosTx1701
lvl.2
Flight distance : 951348 ft
United States

I got it at first when I was using the controller and charging.  But it is for mobile use. I purchased a 30w type c fast charger and nothing has been a better fit.  Quicker and easier to use for short time quickly charging back in the air.
2-13 04:26
Use props
Snapon Wally
lvl.1

United States

We had this samesissue!!  Very frustrating...   We plugged the DJI Smart Controller into black square block, my husband plugged it in quickly to the block... Wahlah!  It worked.  It is charging fast!   The other chargers we plugged into didn't work.. slow charges... even losing a charge...  The black block that came with it is the fast charger!
4-25 10:02
Use props
Nervous Twitch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 600538 ft
Canada

I've had this issue since I picked up the Smart Controller and Mavic 2 Pro combination last year.
The charger that came with it, specifically states it only supplies a total of 5volts and 2 amps to the USB ports (USB-a plug in, and the attached micro usb charging port)

The controller complains that it is charging slow, and to connect it to the supplied components, but the supplied components are not capable or providing the voltage/amp levels required for it.
This is totally **NOT** DJI.
**EDIT** DJI actually have a second charging brick in factory combos for the smart controller.

5-24 06:51
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 2584869 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nervous Twitch Posted at 5-24 06:51
I've had this issue since I picked up the Smart Controller and Mavic 2 Pro combination last year.
The charger that came with it, specifically states it only supplies a total of 5volts and 2 amps to the USB ports (USB-a plug in, and the attached micro usb charging port)

some of the pitfalls of buying 3rd party unapproved combos.  does dji supply the fast charger in their approved combos?
5-25 08:15
Use props
Nervous Twitch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 600538 ft
Canada

The Saint Posted at 5-25 08:15
some of the pitfalls of buying 3rd party unapproved combos.  does dji supply the fast charger in their approved combos?

Well... Now I feel silly
I have an official combo, but somehow the small brick disappeared.
To be sure, before I replied though, I looked up an unboxing video, and absolutely, it seems the approved combos did in fact come with a second charging brick, specifically for the controller.
5-25 09:02
Use props
FloridaNext
First Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Nervous Twitch Posted at 5-25 09:02
Well... Now I feel silly
I have an official combo, but somehow the small brick disappeared.
To be sure, before I replied though, I looked up an unboxing video, and absolutely, it seems the approved combos did in fact come with a second charging brick, specifically for the controller.

Yes, I have the combo too and the SC brick charger was in another small box in the box. So you get a charger for the AC and a second one for the SC.
5-25 09:39
Use props
djiuser_Hc47SLT0OzfM
New

United States

This problem still persists. I had a a smart controller that started doing this after the most recent firmware update. I tried EVERYTHING. Customer support said send it back, so I did. They sent me a brand new Smart Controller and as soon as I plugged it in, the EXACT same message came up. Regardless of what combination of cords I use, the same problem persists, slow charging speed - which BTW took over 24 hours to charge my battery to 25%.
6-29 10:33
Use props
djiuser_PYpVsOVTPFAi
New

Italy

Ho comprato un mavic air 2 combo anche io stesso problema. Settimana scorsa mi hanno sostituito il tutto.... Ma niente!!! Stesso problema. Assurdo 1.400 euro e avere un problema così rilevante.
7-23 08:31
Use props
EFRPIC
Captain

United States

I bought this on Amazon as a spare. Does fast charging and works great:  Amazon dropped RAV but they have their own webpage now.
Its' the following: RP-PC006 Wall Charger. 2 USB outputs - each up to 18W
$21.99 @ https://www.ravpower.com/collections/wall-chargers

7-23 10:53
Use props
djiuser_rIT6q56tw3QH
lvl.1

United States

Just bought one for my son directly from DJI. Right out of the box it will only charge at 34% after 4 to 5 hours on the fast charger. The controller also displays a message stating to use a fast charger ! DJI tech-support acted like they have no knowledge of any issue.
8-31 11:44
Use props
jmb63
First Officer
Flight distance : 3535331 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_rIT6q56tw3QH Posted at 8-31 11:44
Just bought one for my son directly from DJI. Right out of the box it will only charge at 34% after 4 to 5 hours on the fast charger. The controller also displays a message stating to use a fast charger ! DJI tech-support acted like they have no knowledge of any issue.

You need a "QC3" enabled charger and a good cable. The cable that came with the SC seems to be hit and miss. My SC, which was a DJI refurbished, did NOT come with a charger. If you purchased as part of a combo (SC and drone as opposed to the "regular" remote) they may be a different charger brick somewhere in the box just for the SC? I tried all of the "quick chargers" I have in the house but it really never fast-charged until I got a "Certified QC 3.0" fast charger

9-2 06:10
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640079 ft
United States

jmb63 Posted at 9-2 06:10
You need a "QC3" enabled charger and a good cable. The cable that came with the SC seems to be hit and miss. My SC, which was a DJI refurbished, did NOT come with a charger. If you purchased as part of a combo (SC and drone as opposed to the "regular" remote) they may be a different charger brick somewhere in the box just for the SC? I tried all of the "quick chargers" I have in the house but it really never fast-charged until I got a "Certified QC 3.0" fast charger

I have a Lenovo Chromebook with a 45 watt power supply. I use it and the DJI supplied charger. Both work great on either the RC or hub.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=lenov ... -three_browse-bin_8
9-2 09:38
Use props
DCavazosTx1701
lvl.2
Flight distance : 951348 ft
United States

I received the notification as well.  What I did was up graded the charger for a superfast phone charger for my galaxy note 20 and problem solved I don't believe that the charger was initially meant to go out with the bundle.  So if they didn't provide a way of charging the product it would have been an issue.  However they are not going to make any additional profit giving you a more costly accessory to do the same thing with a a few additional minutes.  But try upgrading your charger to 3.0 v 65w charging cube. If you look on Amazon and suggest you get a good rated product with authentic reviews.  Good luck
9-27 23:09
Use props
1typhoon_tommy
lvl.1

United States

Old thread, Yes... But I am having this issue, new Air 2s Smart controller, same problem.
Correct charger, correct cable, same message. "Current charging speed slow. Please use the charger that comes with the device for a faster charging speed."
8 hours so far, and only at 86%.
11-13 17:37
Use props
jmb63
First Officer
Flight distance : 3535331 ft
  • >>>
United States

1typhoon_tommy Posted at 11-13 17:37
Old thread, Yes... But I am having this issue, new Air 2s Smart controller, same problem.
Correct charger, correct cable, same message. "Current charging speed slow. Please use the charger that comes with the device for a faster charging speed."
8 hours so far, and only at 86%.

It appears that DJI either didn't put the correct charger in with the SC or no charger at all with some...A few people have reported that the required SC charger was in the box but kind of hidden away in a weird cut-out in the packaging.
Best to forget that and just get a charger certified for QC3 (Quick Charge 3) that, and a good USB 3.0 cable WILL fast charge the SC! I have 3 different QC3 chargers including one for the car and they all will fast charge the SC
11-14 03:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules