DJI Assistant 2 blocked by User Account Control (Windows 10)
12Next >
19696 60 2019-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660955 ft
Switzerland

I can currently not use DJI Assistant 2 anymore, on Windows 10. I even uninstalled and tried to install again, to no avail. Also opening as administrator does not work.

Capture.GIF

2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Lio. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with the DJI Assistant 2 software. To possibly resolve this said issue, are you able to install or run the DJI Assistant 2 using a Microsoft Windows 7/8 computer or on a MAC computer to fix the said issue. In addition this has been raised to the designated department and they will work on fixing the issue. Please give us an update for us to help you further.
2019-3-12
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Tried, right click. Install as admin,,,and same when opening App. Open as admin.  
2019-3-12
Use props
Lio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660955 ft
Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-12 11:56
Hello and good day Lio. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with the DJI Assistant 2 software. To possibly resolve this said issue, are you able to install or run the DJI Assistant 2 using a Microsoft Windows 7/8 computer or on a MAC computer to fix the said issue. In addition this has been raised to the designated department and they will work on fixing the issue. Please give us an update for us to help you further.

No, I am unfortunately not able to use another operating system.
2019-3-12
Use props
djiuser_rPzlgTp8GQyW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4003 ft
Germany

I have the same problem since today. Neither version 2.0.0 works nor version 2.0.6 can be installed. So far, there were no problems. I see the same hint as user Lio on the screen.
2019-3-12
Use props
Laurie and B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51211 ft
Australia

I am having same problem as well as of today. is there a time frame for this?
2019-3-12
Use props
fansbb553fed
New
Flight distance : 12894 ft
Germany

Same for me. No option as admin.
Since Win 10 was updated yesterday it is blocked.
2019-3-12
Use props
fansbb553fed
New
Flight distance : 12894 ft
Germany

Temporary solution using Win command prompt to run the dji assistant.

Open the Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 8 or 10
1. pressing Windows+X or just right-clicking the Start button. On the Power Users menu, choose “Command Prompt (Admin).”
2. Copy the full path of your DJI Assistant program in the command prompt: with ctrl + c and past it with ctrl + p in the command prompt
3. Then push enter and the program will start and you can use Dji assistant
2019-3-12
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

fansbb553fed Posted at 3-12 22:45
Temporary solution using Win command prompt to run the dji assistant.

Open the Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 8 or 10

Thank you for helpful advice!
2019-3-13
Use props
Hairy Cow Films
lvl.3
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United Kingdom

Interesting that MS have flagged Assistant up as a danger to your computer...
2019-3-13
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem here! What is going on? Lately there seems to be a lot of problems from DJI. Or maybe windows 10 now.
2019-3-13
Use props
gooselk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 160148 ft
Germany

Same here. As Windows updated itself last night, I think it is an issue with the latest update. Not DJI Assistant for that matter...
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Joller79 DK Posted at 3-12 12:03
Tried, right click. Install as admin,,,and same when opening App. Open as admin.

Hi Joller79 DK, sorry to know that. As mentioned on post #2, you need to use a different operating system or PC so that you can properly install the software.  Kindly take note that in the near future we will be releasing a new version of DJI Assistant 2 to fix this. Appreciate your patience and support.
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Lio Posted at 3-12 12:21
No, I am unfortunately not able to use another operating system.

I understand and my apologies for the inconvenience. Don't worry, we will be releasing a new version of DJI Assistant 2 so that we can fix this. I will notify you once we have an update or you can simply check our official website for future updates. Again, sorry for all the trouble. Thanks for your continued support.
2019-3-13
Use props
JoeHupy
lvl.1

United States

Same issue, and when I type in the path, I get an error saying 'not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

This needs to get fixed ASAP
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

JoeHupy Posted at 3-13 10:30
Same issue, and when I type in the path, I get an error saying 'not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

[view_image]

Hi JoeHupy, Sorry for the trouble. May I know if you already tried post #2? Rest assured that we will do our best to fix this as soon as possible. I will give you an update on this thread once the issue has been fixed or you can simply visit our official website for future updates. Thank you.
2019-3-13
Use props
Bill Combs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1736342 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-13 10:20
Hi Joller79 DK, sorry to know that. As mentioned on post #2, you need to use a different operating system or PC so that you can properly install the software.  Kindly take note that in the near future we will be releasing a new version of DJI Assistant 2 to fix this. Appreciate your patience and support.

i to am having the same issues,i have flown phantoms for several years and mavics too,please help.
2019-3-13
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80958 ft
United States

Same here.......
2019-3-13
Use props
BFR
New

Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-12 11:56
Hello and good day Lio. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with the DJI Assistant 2 software. To possibly resolve this said issue, are you able to install or run the DJI Assistant 2 using a Microsoft Windows 7/8 computer or on a MAC computer to fix the said issue. In addition this has been raised to the designated department and they will work on fixing the issue. Please give us an update for us to help you further.

to solve this issue :
start a CMD session and write this command: net user administrator /active:yes
Reboot your computer and then log in ass administrator accept the assistant 2 too run.
when you want to go back to your login write this command: net user administrator /active:no and
reboot your computer. if you have other language then English so for those in sweden hour write not administror you wrote: administratör.

Regards: BFR (Brain fore rent)
2019-3-14
Use props
MadisonAreaDroneService
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133340 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can get around this for now, but you will have to change the Windows registry to allow the download and subsequent program usage to work.  

You will need to access this and change it as follows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

and change the value EnableLUA to 0.

To understand how to change this value, do the following:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit and then click OK.

OR

hit the Windows key and "paste" this: %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit by hitting "ctrl V" after copying the above bold text.
Once you have entered the registry, click on: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE then Microsoft then Windows then CurrentVersion then Policies then System
Next, you will see a dialog box with a #1.  Change this to 0 and exit.  Next, you will need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

Then, go the DJI site, download the Assistant 2 program again, and you should be able to use the program after a successful install.

Hopefully DJI gets this sorted out soon.  Sounds like a recent Windows update may have triggered this.
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Bill Combs Posted at 3-13 15:41
i to am having the same issues,i have flown phantoms for several years and mavics too,please help.

Hi Bill Combs, we are terribly sorry for what happened and the inconvenience that has been caused. Our team is aware of this and we're currently working on it. I will give you a feedback once we receive an update about this. Thanks for your patience and support.
2019-3-14
Use props
fansd92b0210
lvl.1
United States

DJI is spying on users and that is why it is blocked.  Be very careful not to allow DJI to access your system.
2019-3-14
Use props
Oz_Ambiental
New
Mexico

Have the same problem in 3 diferent computers with windows 10. "Esta aplicación se bloqueo como medida de seguridad".
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Oz_Ambiental Posted at 3-14 15:27
Have the same problem in 3 diferent computers with windows 10. "Esta aplicación se bloqueo como medida de seguridad".

Hi Oz_Ambiental, sorry for the inconvenience. Please refer on post #2 and let me know if  the issue persists. We're here to help. Thank you.
2019-3-14
Use props
Awesomeness
lvl.1
United States

Same problem.  Awaiting update.
2019-3-14
Use props
BFR
New

Sweden

fansd92b0210 Posted at 3-14 14:41
DJI is spying on users and that is why it is blocked.  Be very careful not to allow DJI to access your system.

Hi Fansd92b0210
do you have anyting that confirm this?
then realy whant that infromation so i can take legal action against DJI.

Regards /BFR
2019-3-15
Use props
sgrinavi
New

United States

Same problem here, I even turned off my virus protection and raised permissions on the UAC.  No help
2019-3-15
Use props
RLovrin1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77303 ft
United States

My temporary fix was to open a Command Prompt Window as an Administrator and typed my program path in with quotes to launch the program.
2019-3-15
Use props
TwinCityAerial
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1621188 ft
United States

pmshop Posted at 3-13 04:25
I would just turn UAC off.
I have ever since Vista.
As a former Best Buy Geek Squad agent, I can tell you most of us do not like the "mother, may I...?" control of UAC.

I turned off UAC and I still got the same message so that does not work.

2019-3-16
Use props
amorrison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325230 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the problem also.  I have a Win 10 64bit system. Post #31 worked for me. I created a text file with that string so I can just open it and paste into the powershell window. Sometimes I have to run "cmd" first in the powershell admin window...  for me the mavic 2 assistant string was:
"C:\program files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic\DJI Assistant 2"

did not need the ".exe" on the end.
2019-3-16
Use props
Morawka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206276 ft
United States

amorrison Posted at 3-16 11:49
I had the problem also.  I have a Win 10 64bit system. Post #31 worked for me. I created a text file with that string so I can just open it and paste into the powershell window. Sometimes I have to run "cmd" first in the powershell admin window...  for me the mavic 2 assistant string was:
"C:\program files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic\DJI Assistant 2"

Guys only use the registry hack if you depend on your drone for money.  Microsoft has revoked DJI's certificates for a reason.   THey didn't just revoke this certificate, Microsoft has also revoked certificates on all of DJI's prior software as well. Be safe out there
2019-3-16
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

Morawka Posted at 3-16 15:24
Guys only use the registry hack if you depend on your drone for money.  Microsoft has revoked DJI's certificates for a reason.   THey didn't just revoke this certificate, Microsoft has also revoked certificates on all of DJI's prior software as well. Be safe out there

No, this is not registry hacks.

It started happening after March Cumulative Updates.
So my opinion is MS made a goof in the updates.
They do it all the time.
Where does it say in the warning the certificate was revoked?

This is the install fix:
NOTE* you will still need to perform the pervious procedure to get it to run

Lets keep this simple -
1) Copy or Move the downloaded DJI Assistant 2 installer to the root of a flash drive
2) Change the name of the installer to DJI.exe
3) Create a .txt file on the flash drive and name it Install.txt
4) Type in the path to the installer - in my case K:\DJI.exe where "K" id the path of your own flash drive
5) Save the .txt file
6) Change the .txt file to .bat
7) Right click the flash drive window where the other files you were just working with are at and select New then Shortcut
8) Browse to the Install.bat file, click "Next" and then "Finish"
9) Right click the Install.bat - Shortcut and select "Properties"
10) Select "Advanced" on the Shortcut Tab
11) Select "Run as Administrator" checkbox, Click "OK", "Apply" then "OK"
12) ONLY run the shortcut to the .bat file once

Voilá

This is for if you have installed the program and it does not work after the March Cumulative Updates

Here is the fix:
1) Create a .txt file - I suggest in the DJI folder where the .exe for Assistant is and name it Run DJI Assistant 2
2) Copy YOUR path to DJI Assistant 2 in C:\program Files (x86) and include the DJI Assistant 2.exe
3) Paste to the .txt file
4) Put quotes before the C and after the E
NOTE* My case only your path will vary ("C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\DJI Assistant 2.exe" )
5) Save .txt file
6) Change .txt file to .bat
7) Right click and "Send To Desktop (Create Shortcut)"
8) Right click the new shortcut and select "Properties"
9) Select "Advanced" on the Shortcut Tab
10) Select "Run as Administrator" checkbox, Click "OK", "Apply" then "OK"
11) Run this shortcut each time you want to start DJI Assistant 2

Double Voilá
2019-3-17
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

pmshop Posted at 3-17 05:09

Thanks!  That seems pretty straight forward (non-computer nerd here).
2019-3-17
Use props
Walleye
lvl.4
United States

I wanted to do some modification to my Spark (slower yaw).  I found that if one downloads an earlier version of DJI Assistant 2 (v1.1.2) it does the trick.  I was able to download it and install it (Windows 10) without any problems and didn't have to do any of that computery stuff which I wouldn't be able to do. It works for me but I don't know if the older version (1.1.2) will work for everyone's needs.  I think the newer version of Assistant loses the ability to mod parameters but with 1.1.2 one can still mod parameters.
DJI Screenshot.png
2019-3-17
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

Walleye Posted at 3-17 10:56
I wanted to do some modification to my Spark (slower yaw).  I found that if one downloads an earlier version of DJI Assistant 2 (v1.1.2) it does the trick.  I was able to download it and install it (Windows 10) without any problems and didn't have to do any of that computery stuff which I wouldn't be able to do. It works for me but I don't know if the older version (1.1.2) will work for everyone's needs.  I think the newer version of Assistant loses the ability to mod parameters but with 1.1.2 one can still mod parameters.

No, it will not work for everything.
For YAW rate changes, yes.
Tweaking individual settings, yes.

Re-flashing firmware, no.
2019-3-17
Use props
deshu
lvl.1
Mexico

I can't believe dji doesn't have people there using windows 10. And yet they put out this program to help with all the bugs that we keep running into with the Mavic pro. And the program which is used to help fix the issues doesn't even work. Sad.
2019-3-18
Use props
Collingwood321
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212861 ft

Australia

pmshop Posted at 3-17 05:09

tried this and nothing works
2019-3-18
Use props
Collingwood321
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212861 ft

Australia

im having the same problem. none of the above methods are working. any other options. i just want to update my drone.
i think there is a glitch with it as i had it on active track last night and it flew right into some trees.
2019-3-18
Use props
hozer812
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1114744 ft
United States

I am having the same problem, this has happened in last couple weeks. I get the same message which renders it unusable
2019-3-18
Use props
Pelein24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5135 ft
Germany

We are waiting for a solution DJI should provide! I think there were a lot of security problems with DJI software in the past, that leads to certificate problems with e.g. Microsoft. To switch of the UAC in Windows can only be a temporary solution and is not a really good idea.
2019-3-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules