firmware update freezes mac OS 10.13.6
968 3 2019-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
autolycus of parnassos
lvl.1
United States

hi all- my new ronin s arrived yesterday. during calibration i discovered via the iphone app that the firmware needs updating. following process to do so, my mac-pro instantantly freezes when it connects to the ronin. it is a freeze such that i can't merely force quit the application, but have to physically hard-restart the machine. i believe i have now attempted every conceivable combination of computer, app, ronin startup and usb connection. to no avail.
i am running the high sierra OS- machine architecture requires me to update  the video card (and that ain't gonna happen)  to run mojave, so that's non optional.

so i am at a complete loss as to how to proceed.

also- the gimball action of the ronin doesn't work anything close to correctly when attempting to operate the ronin with the current firmware.

thanks for any input or advice!

~

2019-3-12
Use props
autolycus of parnassos
lvl.1
United States

update on situation: 'andrew' at dji support sent me a link to a download of the firmware application- install of this (possible variation?) of the software has seemingly alleviated the hard freeze issue, but the application fails to connect to the remote site, and plays the animation of a USB plug inserting into a keyboard in a loop. oy. anyone have any ideas?
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi autolycus , sorry for the difficulties on updating the firmware, we have released DJI Pro Assistant For Ronin v2.0.2 and new firmware, please download from our website: https://www.dji.com/ronin-s/info#downloads When connecting the Ronin-S to the computer, please make sure the camera has been disconnected, thank you.
2019-3-14
Use props
autolycus of parnassos
lvl.1
United States

downloaded new version of assistant 2.0.2
correctly uninstalled prior version, installed new version
no change in behavior of DJI Assistant- the animation of usb plug inserting plays in a continual loop, with the firmware icon flashing into visibility at the terminus of the loop.
reinstalled, again. reboot system, etc etc.
no change.
further suggestions, actions?
2019-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules