MacBook and Assistant 2, is it better?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarrenT
lvl.2

United States

Considering that I am in my second week of troubleshooting my two towers and Laptop, all of which run Windows 10, I am really debating on buying a MacBook. I really don’t want to due to the exorbitant amount and the fact that the Assistant 2 for the Matrice tries to lock me out despite being an administrator, continues to give me the “network error”, even though I’ve tried on multiple Windows builds and even multiple versions of the Assistant 2.

Heck, I still haven’t heard back from my ticket being elevated to their senior techs...

But I digress, not having my computer accessible to my Matrice is costing me business, so I ask, is a MacBook better for the Assistant 2?

Thanks
2019-3-12
Use props
DaiGriff
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would recommend you think about your 'ecosystem'...its big bucks to get a MacBook just for Assistant 2 so consider what else you use and what it means to switch over from Mac. Having said this, I've not found anything the Mac cannot handle.
2019-3-13
Use props
DarrenT
lvl.2

United States

My “ecosystem” within my house won’t be sustained if I cannot access Assistant 2. My personal computer which was hand built by me 3 years ago (i7 6700k cpu, MSI 170a m7 motherboard with 32gb of ddr4, 500gb ssd primary with a 1tb hdd secondary storage and a Nvidia GeForce 980ti gpu) I haven’t found anything that has even blinked at with regards to performance.

That wasn’t my question nor my issue though was it? Again, it boiled down to the Windows vs Mac platform and if there was more stability in the Mac platform.

But I do appreciate the lecture on my ecosystem.
2019-3-13
Use props
DaiGriff
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DarrenT Posted at 3-13 06:28
My “ecosystem” within my house won’t be sustained if I cannot access Assistant 2. My personal computer which was hand built by me 3 years ago (i7 6700k cpu, MSI 170a m7 motherboard with 32gb of ddr4, 500gb ssd primary with a 1tb hdd secondary storage and a Nvidia GeForce 980ti gpu) I haven’t found anything that has even blinked at with regards to performance.

That wasn’t my question nor my issue though was it? Again, it boiled down to the Windows vs Mac platform and if there was more stability in the Mac platform.

It works fon a MacBook, you even get a nice 3rd party connection utility.
2019-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules