Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pocket Osmo Audio Adapter $39
1518 18 2019-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spaceweasel
lvl.1
United States

$39 for a $5 adapter. I'm not impressed.
2019-3-13
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

How do you know that it's worth $5?
Or is $5 what you would like to pay for it?
2019-3-13
Use props
spaceweasel
lvl.1
United States

NoëI Posted at 3-13 07:55
How do you know that it's worth $5?
Or is $5 what you would like to pay for it?

It's just a USB-C to Mic adapter. Ebay is littered with them. DJI has made it proprietary, so you have to buy it from DJI, at an inflated price. I am disgusted.
2019-3-13
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

a) you can get it for $ 29
b) perhaps there is an ultrafast 256 Mbit converter inside! For 7.3 Dolby!
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate your feedback about the pricing of our 3.5mm adapter. I'll go ahead and forward it to our designated department for consideration. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-13
Use props
spaceweasel
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-13 08:33
Hi, we do appreciate your feedback about the pricing of our 3.5mm adapter. I'll go ahead and forward it to our designated department for consideration. Thank you for continued support.

We had to wait a long time for this. If there is something  about this adapter that can explain it's cost, besides being made proprietary, please let us know. I hope the cost wasn't resultant, from an internal modification, to make sure a common USB-C to Mic adapter wouldn't work.

Tests on the Internet confirm a firmware update wasn't needed.
2019-3-13
Use props
spaceweasel
lvl.1
United States

BeterBan Posted at 3-13 08:16
a) you can get it for $ 29
b) perhaps there is an ultrafast 256 Mbit converter inside! For 7.3 Dolby!

It's listed on DJI for $30.00.
2019-3-13
Use props
spaceweasel
lvl.1
United States

spaceweasel Posted at 3-13 08:50
It's listed on DJI for $30.00.

I'm sorry, $39.00.
2019-3-13
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Price is now $30.99

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/O ... bc3aa63a9d9d2628ee9
2019-3-13
Use props
spaceweasel
lvl.1
United States

Flash!! New Update:

I was going to bite the bullet and pay the $39.00. Upon checkout, another $15,00, for shipping, was tacked on, bringing the grand total to $54.00. This is ridiculous. I'm beginning to second think this.
2019-3-13
Use props
spaceweasel
lvl.1
United States

spaceweasel Posted at 3-13 10:05
Flash!! New Update:

I was going to bite the bullet and pay the $39.00. Upon checkout, another $15,00, for shipping, was tacked on, bringing the grand total to $54.00. This is ridiculous. I'm beginning to second think this.

Maybe I'll just use my Sony RX100 VA or Pixel 3 XL.
2019-3-13
Use props
djiuser_JQOEuxQZfsFK
New
Australia

Yes, this is embarrassing.
near 6 months wait.  It arrives, and.. for me in Australia.  Something I can get from China for under $5 will cost me....   get this.....    $85   delivered (Australia) ... talk about outrageous.  For something "THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED FOR THE REASONABLY HIGH PRICE" that the unit is.  This is outrageous..

And secondly,  I have to head to Vegas in under 2 weeks to cover CinemaCon, SMPTE Future of Cinema, then the NAB Trade show floor.  I was intending to use the OSMO pocket, its why I got the unit just after Christmas, to get to know before the big trip..

But even if I pay the ridiculously high price for a $0.50cents to make device.   I cannot get it in time..  Yes its listed on the website, but NO ONE HAS IT AND HAS YET TO GET FIRST SHIPMENT.
Not even the online DJI store.  I expect they are feeling for pre-orders before they make them.  And at that price..  they will need to as I expect many will simply move on.

This terrible treatment and outrageous price.  Seems DJI, when they have you cornered will really take advantage of it.

Lets just consider that when next you see a DJI product your considering purchasing.

James
2019-3-13
Use props
djiuser_JQOEuxQZfsFK
New
Australia

djiuser_JQOEuxQZfsFK Posted at 3-13 15:51
near 6 months wait.  It arrives, and.. for me in Australia.  Something I can get from China for under $5 will cost me....   get this.....    $85   delivered (Australia) ... talk about outrageous.  For something "THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED FOR THE REASONABLY HIGH PRICE" that the unit is.  This is outrageous..

OR, DJI, release a firmware that lets all the cheap USB-C audio devices everyone has purchased in desperation from china..  WORK.
Its a firmware update away.  I dare you.
2019-3-13
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

I think Christmas falls on the 4th of July rather than that happens.
Let's wait for second sources for $ 2.99 + free ship.
2019-3-13
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

djiuser_JQOEuxQZfsFK Posted at 3-13 15:51

I ordered mine from the Dji website within hours of it being available. The only thing I must say is although I had asked for an email update as soon as it was available I did not receive one, but, by directly looking at the shop page I found them to be in stock and ordered one.
Now my order tracking places it as having arrived in the UK via DHL and should be at my local depot sometime either today or tomorrow.

It is still being listed as in stock at time of writing.

2019-3-13
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

If you guys pay that price, DJI will charge that price. Very easy. If nobody would buy it for that price, DJI would have to rethink their pricing.
I belive that DJI have put a lot of effort to make it propriatary, probably this is the reason of the delay. The design is from my point of view crap,
Having a long stick at the bottom of the OP. Instead I would have found it better to make it L shaped or something similar. I would never pay
More than 10 Dollars for that unless I use this for business purpose.

Best regards, Alexander
Munich
2019-3-14
Use props
mj's
lvl.2
Thailand

Webcruise Posted at 3-14 00:30
If you guys pay that price, DJI will charge that price. Very easy. If nobody would buy it for that price, DJI would have to rethink their pricing.
I belive that DJI have put a lot of effort to make it propriatary, probably this is the reason of the delay. The design is from my point of view crap,
Having a long stick at the bottom of the OP. Instead I would have found it better to make it L shaped or something similar. I would never pay

That's what I wanted too.  A small "L" shaped adapter with a wire lead to the 3.5mm jack.  Something like what comes with the Pixel 3 (which also has a DAC built in).  Much easier than to have something like a usb memory stick hanging from the bottom of the device.   And Google charges $12 with $3.99 shipping for thiers.  
2019-3-14
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I totally agree with your points that this is a ridiculous price to pay but unfortunately there’s no other way around it unless you you mind syncing audio separately but that gets you out of the “pocket” realm.  This is a unique camera and there’s no other like it.  DJI knows this and of course they are going to use this to their advantage.  It’s simple economics.  Supply and demand. Phone accessories cost pennies because there are hundreds of different phones out there and brands. Competition will bring the prices down.   Until then, we are stuck with the high prices.  But then again, this a proprietary adapter so I doubt very much that the price will ever drop.
2019-3-14
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

DJI rubs hands if all would buy audio adapter for astronomic price.
Iiiiiiiii don't buy such a luxury thing - for $15-$20 (!) you get 10x
better voice recorders with MP3/WAV (up to 1536kb/s) in STEREO!
No cable necessary.

Of course it is heavy work to transfer stereo sound to OP video ;-)
- even elementary school boys do it within seconds, you do not
need university education!

2019-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules