Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnny_Alpine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80948 ft
  • >>>
Canada

For all Canadian Flyers

With the recent Transport Canada RPAS rules that were announced and compliant aircraft to operate under the Advanced Rules.

DJI just made the following announcement:

Good news for Commercial Operators who who want to operate in the Advanced Category.

2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for sharing this information here. Well done and fly safely. Cheers!
2019-3-13
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

If this is true, then I'm ecstatic!

However, so far it's only been publicized by DJI themselves; Transport Canada's listing of certified drones does not reflect this as of yet:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/ ... ng-right-drone.html
2019-3-14
Use props
Tod Tradapezer
New

Canada

It seems that DJI has only allowed commercial users to conduct flights in controlled airspace.  This does not include "OVER PEOPLE, WITHIN 5M" or "Near people, within 30M to 5M"....  

DJI, when will you allow us to fly over or near people?  Eg. search and rescue use cases...
2019-5-28
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Tod Tradapezer Posted at 5-28 09:18
It seems that DJI has only allowed commercial users to conduct flights in controlled airspace.  This does not include "OVER PEOPLE, WITHIN 5M" or "Near people, within 30M to 5M"....  

DJI, when will you allow us to fly over or near people?  Eg. search and rescue use cases...

It's not DJI, it's the government. I have a hard time believing DJI should be on the top of the list of "needs" to authorize ops over people considering the recent controversy but I suppose not everyone is so informed of the pay to play culture DJI is trying to foster.
2019-5-30
Use props
drone999
New

Canada

Any idea if and when we'll be able to fly OVER people?
2019-6-13
Use props
Tibopix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

Double post
2019-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules