New Ronin-S Firmware Released (2019/03/14)
57886 208 2019-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marco06
lvl.3
France

Patrick Seguin Posted at 3-15 12:54
Hey Marco, I found this for fixing the drift problem, i also find another video and they fix the problem themselves!   if you try it let me know if it works.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpUJIg_H10w

- the problem of refocusing is known.
it's the only solution available today.
- Only solution proposed by Dji.
- Ronin S would never have to leave before having made many conclusive tests.
- The ronin turns around a lot of lies about these real abilities ...
2019-3-15
Use props
Marco06
lvl.3
France

Patrick Seguin Posted at 3-15 12:54
Hey Marco, I found this for fixing the drift problem, i also find another video and they fix the problem themselves!   if you try it let me know if it works.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpUJIg_H10w

- Ronin S would never have to leave before having made many conclusive tests.
- The ronin turns around a lot of lies about these real abilities ...
2019-3-15
Use props
Patrick Seguin
lvl.2
Canada

fans50545bed Posted at 3-15 13:26
It doesn't seem to jump as much as I saw in another post, but it does take little turning to change the focus a lot. I'm not sure if it's because of the 20mm. I'll test it out with the 85mm soon, that will be much more obvious.

Let me know how it goes but i suspect you will get the same result. also try to change the speed on the app to see if it makes a difference. with my EOS R it you need to spin the wheel a  lot and if i put it to the 3rd (fastest speed) you can clearly notice the jump focus.
2019-3-15
Use props
Patrick Seguin
lvl.2
Canada

Marco06 Posted at 3-15 14:52

I must admit that with the response they give on the forum it kind of looks this way... why do they say that its' support the focus on EOS R and other brands if it jumps focus and is completely unusable , I even wonder if they have tested it with a real camera at this point. I will check the forum to see if anyone as a unit that works good with the EOS R but with all I see i would be surprised. Would be nice to have an honest answer from DJI and not a politician answer... like "we are sorry for the inconvenience..."
2019-3-15
Use props
salarini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69062 ft
Brazil

Just updated, but no focus pull with A7III, just digital zoom. Please help me out! Already changed usb settings to pc and remote on
2019-3-15
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is super cool to see pull focus on the A7M3.
It's got about 500ms of lag, but works!

It's very unfortunate that the HDMI external monitor doesn't work at the same time!
2019-3-15
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

bcharleson Posted at 3-14 09:57
Updated Ronin S firmware. Using a7R 3 and MCC-C cable, having troubles getting manual pull focus to work. Using 24-70 GM lens which is full compatible with camera and is in MF mode.

Camera will start/stop recording using camera control button but MF using focus wheel does not work. What am I missing?

I just realized that if you fiscally change to MF on the GM lens, you can't do Focus Pull. You have to let the lens no AF and change to MF on camera's menu
2019-3-15
Use props
BlackBaron
lvl.2
United States

haell Posted at 3-14 21:52
The focus pull only works with the MCC-C cable in the original Ronin S box -  not the Multi-cable you had to buy extra.

The MCC-Multi only allows for digital or optical zoom with the focus wheel

HA!!! all I can do is laugh. But thank you for the info.
EDIT:

Pull focus confirmed working with SIGMA art and MCC-C. Must set A7iii to MF. I didn't notice any lag.
EDIT 2:

There is absolutely a lag in focus pull. Evident when I actually tried to shoot something.

So why did I order this multi cable again?

2019-3-15
Use props
phili76
lvl.1
Austria

I just tried my Z6 (24,70/4, Z6 FW 1.01) on the Ronin S. Record start works. But focusing works only in AF-S or AF-C, without Focus Peeking. In AF-F or MF you get Focus Peeking when moving the Focus on the lens but no reaction when moving the Ronin wheel.
Halfpressing the record button triggers AF-S but not when in temporary MF mode due to lens focusing. So you wont get back to AF without pushing the AF ON on the Z6.

So the only benefit for now is to start/stop recordings. I think I have to look at the competitors how they can handle this.

philipp
2019-3-16
Use props
Michael Hartomo
New
Singapore

I just tried the new update:

Ronin S Updated to the latest firmware v1.8.0.70
A7M3 updated to the latest firmware 2.10
Sony 2470GM Lens v2.00
Included MCC-C Cable

Set Mobile Remote to OFF
USB Connection to PC Remote

- The video recording works

- The focus pull doesn't work, already set the lens to MF ( camera to MF too automatically )
- Already half press the red button, the button on the focus wheel, the front button, the M button, all doesn't change the focus.

Please recheck the focus issue, and will the MCC-C supports the panoramic photo in the future?

Thanks
2019-3-16
Use props
Homesick Nomad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 629967 ft
Thailand

Just confirming what has already been stated. The Ronin-S and the EOS-R are far from ideal in compatibility, even after the update. The focus pulling is ridiculously slow. And I am using an adapter so I can use my EF lenses and that creates a latency and a jump in the focus. SO, basically this means that the focus pulling is useless. I will write a more detailed problem list on the EOS-R forum post under the Ronin-S.
2019-3-16
Use props
Patrick Seguin
lvl.2
Canada

Homesick Nomad Posted at 3-16 06:37
Just confirming what has already been stated. The Ronin-S and the EOS-R are far from ideal in compatibility, even after the update. The focus pulling is ridiculously slow. And I am using an adapter so I can use my EF lenses and that creates a latency and a jump in the focus. SO, basically this means that the focus pulling is useless. I will write a more detailed problem list on the EOS-R forum post under the Ronin-S.

I have tried with the native lens the 50mm RF 1.2 and also with the adapter with my 24-70 2.8 V.II and they have the exact same problem. DJI says that the firmware should work with the RF lens but it doesn't work for me, the focus wheel is useless even if you change the speed in the app. i f you set fast you can clearly see a jump focus.
2019-3-16
Use props
Homesick Nomad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 629967 ft
Thailand

Patrick Seguin Posted at 3-16 06:46
I have tried with the native lens the 50mm RF 1.2 and also with the adapter with my 24-70 2.8 V.II and they have the exact same problem. DJI says that the firmware should work with the RF lens but it doesn't work for me, the focus wheel is useless even if you change the speed in the app. i f you set fast you can clearly see a jump focus.

Yes.. I confirm the focus jumps. Latency on focus pulling is basically not gonna fly. I feel like I should have either waited on this purchase or bought from another manufacturer that actually has compatibility with the EOS-R. And I WANT to love DJI so much!
2019-3-16
Use props
Patrick Seguin
lvl.2
Canada

phili76 Posted at 3-16 01:27
I just tried my Z6 (24,70/4, Z6 FW 1.01) on the Ronin S. Record start works. But focusing works only in AF-S or AF-C, without Focus Peeking. In AF-F or MF you get Focus Peeking when moving the Focus on the lens but no reaction when moving the Ronin wheel.
Halfpressing the record button triggers AF-S but not when in temporary MF mode due to lens focusing. So you wont get back to AF without pushing the AF ON on the Z6.

I was going to buy a Ronin-S this week (My camera store rented me one for free this week-end for a trial out), but the firmware update doesn't work. Now i think i might go with the Moza air 2, it's still not compatible with my EOS R but they do upgrade their firmware on a regular basis. and they also sell a kit with the Z6 so If i where you i would definitely check it out. To me it looks like DJI did not test there firmware with all the camera. they clearly have some issue with the focus wheel.  and there also have other issue witch is still unresolved in this forum. It gives me the impression that the ronin-s is not there priority to fix. So far i'm disappointed i was so ready to buy this, i had already order some items to go with the Ronin-S that i will have to sell back.
2019-3-16
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

I still have an issue with the pan axis drifting clockwise, even with Smoothtrack turned off.  I've calibrated the joystick several times.
2019-3-16
Use props
Marco06
lvl.3
France

sky_makai Posted at 3-16 11:11
I still have an issue with the pan axis drifting clockwise, even with Smoothtrack turned off.  I've calibrated the joystick several times.

We must create a new message, with:
"We want a solution to the Ronin S drift problem"
We bought your product, and it does not work. We ask for a real solution and not a circumvention of the problem.

Without pressure from everyone, we will not be able to move forward ...
2019-3-16
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Italy

Marco06 Posted at 3-16 12:40
We bought your product, and it does not work. We ask for a real solution and not a circumvention of the problem.

let's do it, I tired of calibration my gimbal each time after power on
2019-3-17
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Italy

Marco06 Posted at 3-16 12:40

let's do it, I tired of calibration my gimbal each time after power on
2019-3-17
Use props
Bagdad
lvl.1

United States

Peace of ... Gimbal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYual5QLpCw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkbQE-gTCus
2019-3-17
Use props
Antti Kuitto
lvl.2
Finland

I know that this is Ronin S -specific forum /thread, but since I own Ronin S and I'm frustrated about "not returning to center" issue, which wasn't fixed in this firmware, I'm planning to get rid of it. I have an opportunity to buy Ronin M (used just once) for roughly same kind of money that I may could get from Ronin S when selling...so apart from big size increase which sucks, any other thoughts about change? From what I have read, Ronin M doesn't have this centering issue and should deliver bit more smoother picture than Ronin S?
Edit. I'm using EOS 5D MKIV if that matters
2019-3-18
Use props
Davidmartin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578182 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI-Paul Posted at 3-15 09:28
The focus wheel adjust has variable speeds. It changes from slow, 2x, to full speed (end-to-end) focus depending on how fast you turn the wheel. These speeds are multiplied based on the speed you set in the app as well.

Because this is focus-by-wire, it's not position based meaning if you go too fast, the multiplier will change. If you control at a constant speed, it should be pretty close from point to point.

I feel like you are laughing at me. I'm serious. You know perfectly what I'm talking about. The focus wheel does not go from one point to another point if I do it slow, normal or fast. It just is not compatible. It does not matter what speed you select in the APP and no matter what speed you use with the focus wheel, it's always going to go wrong. I invite you (since you know so much) to create a video where you show how you move the focus wheel with cameras that were not compatible and now they are. All will fail you, it is very easy to talk and say that "it works".
2019-3-18
Use props
Shaun Taylor
lvl.1
United Kingdom

haell Posted at 3-14 21:52
The focus pull only works with the MCC-C cable in the original Ronin S box -  not the Multi-cable you had to buy extra.

The MCC-Multi only allows for digital or optical zoom with the focus wheel

I've used the original MCC-C & MCC-B and both seem to correct the issue that you get with the MCC Multi
2019-3-18
Use props
Shaun Taylor
lvl.1
United Kingdom

salarini Posted at 3-15 17:53
Just updated, but no focus pull with A7III, just digital zoom. Please help me out! Already changed usb settings to pc and remote on

Try using the MCC-B or MCC-C Cable in the box
2019-3-18
Use props
MrBernd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297694 ft
Germany

Kanaye Shogun Posted at 3-14 07:36
Since everyone from DJI is ignoring my post...i am going to ask the same question here ..

Does anybody have a problem with Ronin S smoothes, especially on the panning?

Same Problem for me.  I send the Gimbal to Service. DJI Service told me, everything is working fine.

No, not at all. My Ronin S is a "Desaster" and the Service ignors my Problem.

Thank you DJI for Nothing !

2019-3-18
Use props
kobot
New
Flight distance : 344 ft
Greece

Hello, I just received my Ronin S and I'm trying to update the firmware but something is wrong because it is stuck on 95% for about 30 minutes now and nothing happens. Could anyone help, please?
2019-3-18
Use props
Marco06
lvl.3
France

MrBernd Posted at 3-18 06:48
Same Problem for me.  I send the Gimbal to Service. DJI Service told me, everything is working fine.

once their product sold no one else.
Many claims in this topic and no reaction!
I invite you all to bring claims.
2019-3-18
Use props
Marco06
lvl.3
France

MrBernd Posted at 3-18 06:48

once their product sold no one else.
Many claims in this topic and no reaction!
I invite you all to bring claims.
2019-3-18
Use props
bluesteel105
New

Canada

Disappointing to see Fuji isn't on the new list of supported cameras. Hope it's added soon. I just bought a Ronin S for my X-T3.
2019-3-19
Use props
Patrick Seguin
lvl.2
Canada

Still no response from DJI... this is unbelievable.  I guess when we will get one it will be the usual "please be patient...we will forward this to our engineers..."
2019-3-20
Use props
Marco06
lvl.3
France

Patrick Seguin Posted at 3-20 06:52
Still no response from DJI... this is unbelievable.  I guess when we will get one it will be the usual "please be patient...we will forward this to our engineers..."

the engineers have resigned
Too complicated to solve problems ...
2019-3-20
Use props
BlackBaron
lvl.2
United States

Can someone kindly point me to where you adjust the focus wheel speed for SONY cams on the app? I just can't seem to find it.
2019-3-20
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Davidmartin Posted at 3-18 01:11
I feel like you are laughing at me. I'm serious. You know perfectly what I'm talking about. The focus wheel does not go from one point to another point if I do it slow, normal or fast. It just is not compatible. It does not matter what speed you select in the APP and no matter what speed you use with the focus wheel, it's always going to go wrong. I invite you (since you know so much) to create a video where you show how you move the focus wheel with cameras that were not compatible and now they are. All will fail you, it is very easy to talk and say that "it works".

Here’s a video:

This is an A7RIII with a 16-35GM lens. Focus set to slow.
2019-3-21
Use props
fansf9363869
lvl.2
United States

I just updated my Ronin-S to the latest firmware and now a perfectly calibrated gimbal acts like the joystick is being held down slightly and it will eventually tilt all the way up.

How do I calibrate the joystick?
2019-3-21
Use props
fansf9363869
lvl.2
United States

I was finally able to calibrate the joystick. The drift issue is gone and the record and focus functions are working correctly with the GH5S.

It would be nice if there was a medium focus speed. I think there is a way to lock in focus wheel extents, but I think that requires the focus motor. It would be perfect if the extents could be set with focus over the USB port.
2019-3-21
Use props
FebriKrist
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi, I am using nikon D7100, after update firmware, when I am press the record button with IR cable in video mode, the camera is capture photo, but the camera is not recording video.
2019-3-21
Use props
djiuser_MuLEDMslD0Ro
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Still got black screen on my Nikon D5600! Please do something about it... it’s insane, u can record and focus but cant see anything... and they solved it for the 850 why not the others???
2019-3-21
Use props
FebriKrist
lvl.1
Indonesia

djiuser_MuLEDMslD0Ro Posted at 3-21 19:05
Still got black screen on my Nikon D5600! Please do something about it... it’s insane, u can record and focus but cant see anything... and they solved it for the 850 why not the others???

Are u can pull focus with nikon d5600? What  the cable you use?
2019-3-21
Use props
5thGear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 838563 ft
  • >>>
United States

dantastic Posted at 3-14 04:24
Works well with the Z6 until I tried adding an external monitor, the camera won't output a Hdmi signal whilst connected to the gimbal

Tried to connect Z6 to the Atomos Ninja V after the latest Ronin-S update. I get no HDMI signal out to Atomos from Z6 if USB cable is plugged into camera from Ronin-S. Super weird thing happens when I press the "menu" button on the Z6 to get into user menu on the camera, the Atomos gets an output and i can see the Z6 menu on camera & Atomos. How mush LONGER will we have to wait for next firmware update? (That should have been part of the original firmware update...)
2019-3-22
Use props
MacBerry
New
Germany

5thGear Posted at 3-22 08:19
Tried to connect Z6 to the Atomos Ninja V after the latest Ronin-S update. I get no HDMI signal out to Atomos from Z6 if USB cable is plugged into camera from Ronin-S. Super weird thing happens when I press the "menu" button on the Z6 to get into user menu on the camera, the Atomos gets an output and i can see the Z6 menu on camera & Atomos. How mush LONGER will we have to wait for next firmware update? (That should have been part of the original firmware update...)

Same problem here. No HDMI video output when USB to Ronin is connected. Change of resolution or frame rate doesn't help. Menu and even live view in photo mode is displayed on the Ninja V, video signal is not.
Nikon Z 6
Atomos Ninja V (Lilliput A5 doesn't work either)
Latest FW on all devives
2019-3-22
Use props
FoolishPaul
lvl.1

United States

Is there no pull focus (for the wheel) for the Sony A7ii is it only the A7iii? Is there some  type of workaround?
2019-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules