Mavic Pro shooting very blurry and fuzzy pictures - Please help?
20909 18 2019-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721913 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have owned the Dji Spark, Mavic Air and now I have gotten the Dji Mavic Pro and have been flying with MP for about 7 months now! I bought brand new from BestBuy which it's still covered under the 1-year warranty but before I bring it in, I would like to get some feedback from some of the Vets on here and opinions? First, this is the 1st time this is ever happening to me since owning the Mavic Pro since I have been flying it. Well, I took it out to the Beach last weekend and the Aerial pictures that I took were so blurry and Fuzzy that they were unusable for my portfolio that I am slowly built it up since I am currently studying for the Part 107. I know I was shooting in Auto and not manual, and I thought I was shotting in ''RAW'' BUT MAYBE NOT since it has been around a month since I HAVE taken up my bird!  I know I had the right camera shutter speed for my Aerial Photography but my pixs are coming out blurry.. I am going to get home tonight, and launch it and diagnose the problem with the quality of the images, that my Mavic Pro is taking tonight after work in the go pro app. Also, there absolutely zero scratches on the camera lens, plus, I use a polarPro clear UV lens. . I will post the pictures that I took to show you as an example when I get home tonight. Maybe I just did not have it focused properly maybe and not taking pictures in RAW could have done it.  

2019-3-14
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10337090 ft
Canada

send it in to DJI, had some issues with my camera on my mavic pro also, DJI replaced the drone.
2019-3-22
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Make sure "auto focus" set to "ON".
2019-3-22
Use props
hyper1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85394 ft
United States

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 3-22 08:13

how do yo do that? my video also looks washed out.
2019-3-22
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

hyper1 Posted at 3-22 10:10
how do yo do that? my video also looks washed out.

Enter the camera settings and turn ON "AFC".

Regarding the video (washed), this is an exposure issue during  brightness. You need to shoot manually and adjust the exposure.
2019-3-23
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, guys, this is what Dji told me to give a try which I am getting ready to launch my bird today to see if I can get my pictures to come out as they did on my last project!
PER DJI:

Dear,
Thank you for your reply. We are sorry for the late reply.
For the saving issue, please kindly use the recommended SD card to try again if possible. Below are the recommended SD cards for Mavic Pro:
1. Lexar:633X Class10 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-I SD card;
2. Panasonic:16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card;
3. Sandisk:Extreme 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card;
4. Lexar 633X Class10 64GB MicroSDXC UHS-3 SD card;
5. Sandisk:Extreme 128GB MicroSDHC V30 SD card.
Also, please backup the data in the SD card first and try to format the SD card on the PC. Then try to take the photo again.
If you want to take clear photos and post-production, we suggest you choose JPEG+RAW mode. You can export the DNG photos from SD card to the PC, and use the professional software to edit.

Hope this helps.
Should you have any problems, please feel free to let us know, we are always here for you.

Thank you for choosing DJI products and have a great day.
Best Regards
Po
DJI Technical Support

mail.png
2019-3-23
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ahmed Hussain, hyper1, Picanoc Jack,  -  Check it out - This how I was able to fix my problem with the blurry pictures for those who are having the same issues as I was! You have to fire up your Mavic Pro and the Dji GO 4 APP up and running and go into your General settings and first calibrate your gimble and then ones you complete that you need to head over to the Remote Control setting in your GO4 APP and scroll down to main Controller settings and where it says advanced settings. Then I want you to click that ones and then head over to your Advanced Settings and click and after you do that that just scroll down again until you see the sensors icon work which is right below the RESET GAIN & EXPO TUNING HIGHLIGHTED IN BLUE so you can't miss it. After you click sensors your IMU/COMPASS will come up and click the calibrate for your IMU and ones it's done, you're back in business and your pictures should come out like these below that I just got done taking!  Also, these pictures have not been touched up in Photoshop or Lightroom, they were shot in JPEG&RAW mode for the Test.  I don't think you can get your pictures to come out anymore clearer than the ones I just took after I recalibrated, the Gimbal and the Compass/IMU then these below?

Aerial Shot of my home:

2019-3-24
Use props
Archaeoman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 389012 ft
United Kingdom

Hello there! I am trying to get some forum help since my image has a blurry edge on its right side. Can you please help? I cannot even post a new thread!!
2019-5-1
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Nice tips.  Mine were blurry while on Auto Focus (which shouldn't be), so I manually corrected the aperture.  I'll try those steps you provided.  Archaeoman, contact DJI to see if they can either troubleshoot or repair your issue.
2019-5-7
Use props
Frank_dji
lvl.1

Australia

For the first time I needed DJI Care assistance and they rurn their back on me.
On tge 04/05/2019 my MAVIC 2 PRO camera stopped focusing on Automatic or Manual, from that day on there's only on setting where I can get usable footage (still not sharp) on the drone and it is the setting manually the camera to f11 with the focus to the minimum range, macro, any other setting the Drone won't focus at all.
To clearly show the problem I made a Video which I sent ro DJI and after seeing it they came back to ke saying that the Drone is in good working condition.
The only setting I can use is f11 on macro, that is not good working condition since I depend on a full sunny day to use on these settings and it doesn't work at all on auto because it won't select f11, any of the intelligent flight modes won't work either for tge same reason.

Here's the link with the drone camera not working.
https://youtu.be/0IS89E0LgX0
2019-5-15
Use props
fans0d49d13e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 463832 ft
  • >>>
United States

hello, I too am having problems with a mavic pro, in auto the video is so blurry I can`t even post it, I also have a P3P and have the same settings pretty much on it and the video is fine, so the only way I can get anything close to shooting something half way nice is in manual, any suggestions, up close and the view is clear in auto, after I take off it goes to completely blurry, I did 2 IMU calibrations and a 2 Gimbal calibrations and still the same, I just bought this drone and it was shipped without even a Gimbal lock on it, cannot figure it out. Any help would be great
2019-11-23
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10337090 ft
Canada

FLPilotShark Posted at 2019-3-24 06:49
Ahmed Hussain, hyper1, Picanoc Jack,  -  Check it out - This how I was able to fix my problem with the blurry pictures for those who are having the same issues as I was! You have to fire up your Mavic Pro and the Dji GO 4 APP up and running and go into your General settings and first calibrate your gimble and then ones you complete that you need to head over to the Remote Control setting in your GO4 APP and scroll down to main Controller settings and where it says advanced settings. Then I want you to click that ones and then head over to your Advanced Settings and click and after you do that that just scroll down again until you see the sensors icon work which is right below the RESET GAIN & EXPO TUNING HIGHLIGHTED IN BLUE so you can't miss it. After you click sensors your IMU/COMPASS will come up and click the calibrate for your IMU and ones it's done, you're back in business and your pictures should come out like these below that I just got done taking!  Also, these pictures have not been touched up in Photoshop or Lightroom, they were shot in JPEG&RAW mode for the Test.  I don't think you can get your pictures to come out anymore clearer than the ones I just took after I recalibrated, the Gimbal and the Compass/IMU then these below?

Aerial Shot of my home:

just got to read this hey thanks for your info mate!
2020-1-11
Use props
Wanbli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3848497 ft
United States

Ahmed Hussain, hyper1, Picanoc Jack,  -  Check it out - This how I was able to fix my problem with the blurry pictures for those who are having the same issues as I was! You have to fire up your Mavic Pro and the Dji GO 4 APP up and running and go into your General settings and first calibrate your gimble and then ones you complete that you need to head over to the Remote Control setting in your GO4 APP and scroll down to main Controller settings and where it says advanced settings. Then I want you to click that ones and then head over to your Advanced Settings and click and after you do that that just scroll down again until you see the sensors icon work which is right below the RESET GAIN & EXPO TUNING HIGHLIGHTED IN BLUE so you can't miss it. After you click sensors your IMU/COMPASS will come up and click the calibrate for your IMU and ones it's done, you're back in business and your pictures should come out like these below that I just got done taking!  Also, these pictures have not been touched up in Photoshop or Lightroom, they were shot in JPEG&RAW mode for the Test.  I don't think you can get your pictures to come out anymore clearer than the ones I just took after I recalibrated, the Gimbal and the Compass/IMU then these below?

Aerial Shot of my home:

I never in a million years would have believed that an IMU & Gimbal calibration would improve picture clarity, but damned if it didn't fix my blurry video & pictures!!!
THANKS!!
2020-8-26
Use props
AntJames
New
United States

Aerial Shot of my home:

I did this twice. It did not work for me.
2020-12-16
Use props
AntJames
New
United States

I am having the same issues. I 've got the latest updates, recalibrated IMU/Compass and Gimbal several times, restarting the drone after each calibration.  AF is on. This product is a piece of crap with WAY too many operating issues. I am beyond frustrated.
2020-12-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AntJames Posted at 12-16 21:10
I am having the same issues. I 've got the latest updates, recalibrated IMU/Compass and Gimbal several times, restarting the drone after each calibration.  AF is on. This product is a piece of crap with WAY too many operating issues. I am beyond frustrated.

recalibrated IMU/Compass and Gimbal several times, restarting the drone after each calibration.  
Regassing your car's airconditioner won't fix the problem you have with the brakes.
Likewise, tinkering with the IMU, compass and gimbal won't do anything to fix a camera focusing problem.
The idiots before you wouldn't know what they were talking about.

This product is a piece of crap with WAY too many operating issues. I am beyond frustrated.
It must be the drone, because it couldn't possibly be a case of a user that doesn't know how to use the product .... could it ??
2020-12-16
Use props
sbdahprince
New

United States

@Labroides
IMU and Gimbal calibration does help, as the drone is subject to wind and rotor vibration while in flight.  Taking a picture in those conditions without a counter can affect sharpness and focus.p
2021-3-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

sbdahprince Posted at 3-12 08:55
@Labroides
IMU and Gimbal calibration does help, as the drone is subject to wind and rotor vibration while in flight.  Taking a picture in those conditions without a counter can affect sharpness and focus.p

You are fooling yourself.
If there are issues significant enough to affect the camera, they would also affect flight and would be obvious.
Look at camera things to solve camera problems.

2021-3-12
Use props
fans4f91996d
New

United States

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2019-3-22 08:13

Silly question probably. But where do I go to make sure that autofocus is set to On?
Thank you
2023-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules