Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO & DJI GO 4 on Android Q
12Next >
12318 55 2019-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Igor Bujanovic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17333 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dear DJI,

since my long term horrible experience with Android support, I would really like if you start as of yesterday adopting your DJI GO applications for the new Android 10 (Q). Official beta is out!
Of course, I do not expect DJI GO applications will work out of the box, but you already have the opportunity to test your applications and adopt them to work on public android beta.

I would really appreciate if you show us some pro-activity this time.

Your fatheful user

2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate your suggestion. We will forward this suggestion into our designated department to see if they could test this Android beta version. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-14
Use props
Tjshaw84
lvl.1
Flight distance : 570673 ft
United States

I agree, since my Pixel updated to Q, I have not been able to fly.

Sincerely,

Another faithful user
2019-3-19
Use props
KylePolansky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232923 ft
United States

Chiming in that I'm having issues as well.

3rd party app Litchi does not seem to work either
2019-3-21
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97224 ft
United States

Same here I had to roll it back to 9 on my Pixel 3 xl! It's ashame dji isn't on the ball with these updates! It should work in theory but I'm sure they have something in the code preventing it from loading on a OS it doesn't recognize! Q isn't much different than P as of yet! So if I want to keep Q I have to use my iPad to fly or use my old Nexus 5x that's about worn out after years of use! Come on DJI get with the program
2019-3-28
Use props
fanscb1f5a91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 375495 ft
United States

Tjshaw84 Posted at 3-19 12:24

Sincerely,
Thanks for saving me the trouble, no disrespect but seeing as how DJI is when it comes to Android support why would you install the beta OS of Android Q?
2019-4-3
Use props
fanscb1f5a91
lvl.2
United States

Tjshaw84 Posted at 3-19 12:24

Sincerely,

Thanks for saving me the trouble, no disrespect but seeing as how DJI is when it came message to Android why would you install the beta OS of Android Q?
2019-4-3
Use props
MartinWalker
New
United States

What kind of timeline should users expect for compatibility with Android Q?

Has testing already started? Any progress yet?
2019-4-25
Use props
DSanders
lvl.1
United States

fanscb1f5a91 Posted at 4-3 14:00
Thanks for saving me the trouble, no disrespect but seeing as how DJI is when it comes to Android support why would you install the beta OS of Android Q?

DJI is a billion dollar company.  Why should I accept the same delivery timeline from a developer working out of his basement in his free time then this billion dollar company?  If they aren't supporting Android Q then simply unchecking the check box for Android Q would at least let us know they are not ready.
2019-5-7
Use props
mostactive
New
Germany

No flight since updating to Android Q - App crashes while ALL other Apps on my Google Pixel 2 are working well...Always the same problem with DJI Apps not working after updating Android...Any workarounds?
2019-5-12
Use props
Igor Bujanovic
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 3-14 10:58
Hi, we do appreciate your suggestion. We will forward this suggestion into our designated department to see if they could test this Android beta version. Thank you for continued support.

Hi DJI Tony,

your message was sent 2 months ago. The official Beta 3 of Android Q is out for more than a week, DJI applications are still crashing ?!

A huge company with brutal resources (money, human power, etc...) is unable to tweak the applications  for 2 months?? I'm confused.

2019-5-15
Use props
djiuser_gf7Zj0vs0oNe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 733622 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Igor Bujanovic Posted at 5-15 02:40
Hi DJI Tony,

your message was sent 2 months ago. The official Beta 3 of Android Q is out for more than a week, DJI applications are still crashing ?!

I am on the Pixel 3 with the new Beta 3 and still not working for me, which sucks! I don't understand why they are so slow with the software. Remember getting the Pixel 3 .. DJI`s App wouldn't work for weeks and WATCH THAT: they suggested to buy a different phone as it might never work on the Pixel 3 (back in autumn). I am really disapointed.
2019-5-16
Use props
Antonius138
lvl.2
Flight distance : 259573 ft
United States

I finally found a version that works with my DJI Spark and Android Q Beta 3...4.1.09. Yep had to go back that far... Going to go on a quick test flight and see how it does.  So sad that there isn't a beta app or program where we can help test the app with new versions of Android, but obviously Android is an afterthought and just checking a box and the company only really cares about iOS.
2019-5-18
Use props
dtokez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232812 ft
United Kingdom

Any updates on this? No idea why dji are so far behind, it happens every time
2019-5-26
Use props
KylePolansky
lvl.1
United States

Antonius138 Posted at 5-18 12:38
I finally found a version that works with my DJI Spark and Android Q Beta 3...4.1.09. Yep had to go back that far... Going to go on a quick test flight and see how it does.  So sad that there isn't a beta app or program where we can help test the app with new versions of Android, but obviously Android is an afterthought and just checking a box and the company only really cares about iOS.

How was your flight with the old version of the app? If it went well, I may give it a try.
2019-5-29
Use props
Antonius138
lvl.2
United States

KylePolansky Posted at 5-29 22:22
How was your flight with the old version of the app? If it went well, I may give it a try.

It actually went really well.  I kinda babied it a bit but no issues.  The fact that I could fly was the biggest bonus.  I had been borrowing my son's phone for all flights up to this point.  The biggest drawback is that it only supports up to the Spark, as this ancient version was out it before the manic air was released.
2019-6-1
Use props
Antonius138
lvl.2
United States

Just wanted to give a quick update...Google released Android Q Beta 4 today (June 5th 2019) and I attempted an upgrade from my old 4.0.19 and it is still broken.  I attempted a clean install and it is still broken.  So back to 4.0.19 for me...sigh
2019-6-5
Use props
fans7ed87dd9
lvl.1

United States

I have not tried it yet but have heard that the AirMap for Drones app works with Q Beta. Worth a try
2019-6-6
Use props
Antonius138
lvl.2
United States

fans7ed87dd9 Posted at 6-6 14:09
I have not tried it yet but have heard that the AirMap for Drones app works with Q Beta. Worth a try

Great suggestion, I'll give it a try!
2019-6-7
Use props
Antonius138
lvl.2
United States

no dice even though it says that it works with Android Q when I try to connect it up it says not working with Android Q yet but update coming soon.  could be an issue because of the spark The spark is listed as being under support on one part of the website and then on the other side it's not listed at all
2019-6-9
Use props
KylePolansky
lvl.1
United States

fans7ed87dd9 Posted at 6-6 14:09

I'm now able to plan flights and get LAANC authorization in Airmap on Q (as of APK version 2.5.3), however, flight functionally is not yet available on Q.
2019-6-15
Use props
djiuser_p3gmn1zOzyio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3087 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-14 10:58

Any update on this Tony?
My "continued support" isn't going to continue much longer.
2019-6-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_p3gmn1zOzyio Posted at 6-22 10:26
Any update on this Tony?
My "continued support" isn't going to continue much longer.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The beta Android Q hasn't tested with our DJI GO app by our engineers for compatibility matter. Therefore, using this android version with our applications may encounter a problem, however, I believe that this Android version will be tested once it's become official. Thank you for understanding.
2019-6-24
Use props
djiuser_p3gmn1zOzyio
lvl.1
United States

So you guys are going wait until the fall for the official release to test it? Forgive me but that's absurd. The point of the developer's preview is so you can prepare your app and have it ready for the official release. I'm curious, are you waiting for iOS 13 to be officially released before you test your app on it?
2019-6-25
Use props
djiuser_p3gmn1zOzyio
lvl.1
United States

So you guys are going wait until the fall for the official release to test it? Forgive me but that's absurd. The point of the developer's preview is so you can prepare your app and have it ready for the official release. I'm curious, are you waiting for iOS 13 to be officially released before you test your app on it?
2019-6-25
Use props
tekfr33kn
New
Flight distance : 35505 ft
United States

DJI Go version 4.1.9 works on Android Q Beta 4. I've had several successful test flights. A reminder, this version is from 2017. So it's not optimized at all. I noticed that RF interference is more of an issue when flying with this version but as long as I'm in open areas, everything works fine. What's truly puzzling is that a 2 year old version works on the latest OS but the latest version is a total bust. This tells me that the programmers aren't optimizing the API levels properly.

If you're interested, go to APKMirror and grab the older version. Just make sure to clear your user data for the current version before uninstalling it so that the old version gets a clean install. Once you sign in, your current flight records still show up.
2019-7-3
Use props
fanscb1f5a91
lvl.2
United States

fanscb1f5a91 Posted at 4-3 14:00

Couldn't have said it better myself, everyone here claims to know how DJI is when it comes to support and yet they enroll in a public beta.  Sorry but you dug yourself into that hole.
2019-7-10
Use props
KylePolansky
lvl.1
United States

Upgraded to QPP 5 today, and DJI Go still crashes at startup.

I tried downgrading to APK v4.1.9 a few days ago as mentioned previously, but this seemed to lock my drone in 'beginner' mode, despite the switch clearly being toggled off. This nearly caused me to crash. I was both radius and altitude limited, so when I attempted performed a routine maneuver up and away from a tree, the drone continued to head straight for it. I was eventually able to pull back, but this is by far the closest I've ever come to crashing. Even after ripping my phone out of the controller, and performing multiple power/takeoff cycles, I was still range limited.

I was able to fix the drone by starting a flight with an old phone running Android Pie and the latest APK. Even when the phone battery died mid flight (it's an old phone) and I was able to use the controller to fly further than the 'beginner' mode limits.

I'm still not sure exactly what caused this issue (I'm thinking maybe some sort of bad config left over from the newer app, or potentially because I was in restricted airspace [I was flying with FAA part 107 clearance, but never remember getting prompted to verify]), but I won't be trying any old APK versions again.

So I guess with that, just be careful if you're planning to try an older APK version.
2019-7-10
Use props
Bj Gutierrez
New

United States

So let me get this right.
You guys are waiting untill full release yet you kiss Apples backside?
I can't fly my drone
I can't use my osmo 2 because you know pixel 3 has one of the best camera on the market.

Getting tired of this to the point I will sell my drones and osmo and go to competition
2019-7-15
Use props
Bj Gutierrez
New

United States

So let me get this right.
You guys are waiting untill full release yet you kiss Apples backside?
I can't fly my drone
I can't use my osmo 2 because you know pixel 3 has one of the best camera on the market.

Getting tired of this to the point I will sell my drones and osmo and go to competition
2019-7-15
Use props
fans23c85b86
New
Flight distance : 5636 ft
United States

I'm with you BJ. I'm extremely tempted to sell my drones and go to the competition so as not to support a company which only cares about iOS when so many individuals so not like Apple. So many times I go to use my drones to find out that it won't work anymore. This big of a company should be up to date on both sides of the platforms to reach the market.
DJI is creating so much negativity around the platform that it hurts the bottom line which you would think they cared about right up there with customer satisfaction. I suppose neither are a concern.
It would be highly beneficial if DJI would have a support team and have Beta apps in the play store to show users they are trying to help rather then their meaningless comments saying, "you need to buy another phone".
2019-7-15
Use props
Davor Bertovic
New

Croatia

Dji mimo also still not working on Android Q beta 5 release candidate
2019-7-18
Use props
Igor Bujanovic
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Davor Bertovic Posted at 7-18 04:20
Dji mimo also still not working on Android Q beta 5 release candidate

DJI Mimo is the first application that starts/works with Android Q Beta 5. Just checked.
All other applications are still crashing :-/
2019-7-18
Use props
cblocker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105741 ft
United States

fanscb1f5a91 Posted at 7-10 12:34
Couldn't have said it better myself, everyone here claims to know how DJI is when it comes to support and yet they enroll in a public beta.  Sorry but you dug yourself into that hole.

You say this as if the app will work when the beta is over. When Android Pie became official it took MONTHS for the DJI app to become stable.

User's install public betas so they can report these bugs to the developers. It's a reasonable thing to do.

Unreasonable? Being told multiple times that the app is broken in the latest OS and responding with "nah, we'll just see how it shakes out."
2019-7-19
Use props
TheFrisco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30023 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just tried to downgrade to DJI Go version 4.1.9 and it starts but won't download the resources it needs :-(

So I am really out of luck. Really unbelievable that with the 5th version now of Android Q's beta, they still haven't fixed it. I for example had a similar problem with Rylo, a much smaller camera company, and they were in contact with me in less than 24 hours and kept me informed when they had it fixed in less than 2 weeks.

GO GET THIS DONE DJI!!!
2019-8-2
Use props
David Westerik
New

Netherlands

DJI, me and my friends have the same issue. App is crashing at startup on Android 10 beta 5.
Android 10 is in public beta 5 and available for many brands and phones and the DJI app doesn't even start??

Please fix it for your customers.
2019-8-5
Use props
djiuser_p3gmn1zOzyio
lvl.1
United States

Google released the final beta AND the new SDK for developers today. Can we expect DJI to get something together soon. Google said the public release is only a couple of weeks away. Please, pretty please, make your products usable again for those of us willing to test these things for you.
2019-8-7
Use props
KylePolansky
lvl.1
United States

No luck with Android Q Beta 6. The application is still crashing at startup.
2019-8-9
Use props
Fabio Luz
New

United States

Come on DJI, how long will take to fix the app? I can't fly my drone for a while because DJI is not proactive to fix the issue! Android Q is about to get official and looks like DJI will take even more time to release a version that works with Android Q. Looks like I'll be just able to fly my drone again in 2022. So Bizarre!
2019-8-10
Use props
stpark8582
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116932 ft
United States

It is extremely frustrating that this does not work with Beta 6.  I haven't moved to the beta yet, but i'm fearful that when Q is released it still won't work.  How does DJI not support Android like it does iOS? The beta for Q has been out for months, and the final APIs are in place, but yet the app still doesn't work? If we have a Pixel phone we have no choice but to upgrade to Q if we want to maintain monthly security updates... Come on DJI.
2019-8-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules