Mavic Air forward left vision sensor error after landing gear repair
6126 7 2019-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TwinCityAerial
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1621188 ft
United States

I switched out the front legs/landing gear on a Mavic Air because they were damaged in a hard landing. I now get a (forward left vision sensor error), so I swapped out the vision sensor and still get the same message. I took the mainboard out of the error code Mavic Air and installed another one from a working Mavic Air, I still got the same code which made me believe that it was not a bad mainboard.

When I put the mainboard from the error code drone into the new drone, the new drone started giving off the error code also.

When I try to calibrate the vision sensors on the DJI Assistant 2 software, the video from the left forward vision sensor does not even show up on the screen but the right one does.

It does fly okay but the Vision sensor will not calibrate or show up and the message will not go away.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem, it has been driving me nuts for a week?

Mavic Air vision sensor error screen shot.jpg
2019-3-14
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 127713 ft
Netherlands

Since you are operating in DIY (not DJI) mode, have you considered swapping the left sensor?
2019-3-14
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You might try reloading the firmware to flush out the error code.
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. We're sorry that we don't recommend fixing the drone on our customer's end as this process would definitely void the warranty of your aircraft. If this matter would persist, we have recommended service centers that could help you out fixing the drone. If you wish to check the nearest service center on your location, you may refer to the link below. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2019-3-14
Use props
TwinCityAerial
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-14 13:17
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. We're sorry that we don't recommend fixing the drone on our customer's end as this process would definitely void the warranty of your aircraft. If this matter would persist, we have recommended service centers that could help you out fixing the drone. If you wish to check the nearest service center on your location, you may refer to the link below. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

The Mavic is already out of warranty, can you give me any information on how I can take care of this problem without sending it in? It is not cost effective for me to send it in.
2019-3-14
Use props
TwinCityAerial
lvl.3
United States

DJ-MA Posted at 3-14 12:23
Since you are operating in DIY (not DJI) mode, have you considered swapping the left sensor?

I did swap out the sensor with one I bought online and then when I got the same message after installing that one I bought a whole new Mavic and took one out of that and still got the same message.
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

TwinCityAerial Posted at 3-14 16:05
The Mavic is already out of warranty, can you give me any information on how I can take care of this problem without sending it in? It is not cost effective for me to send it in.

Hi, we're sorry that sending the unit is our recommendation if there's physical damage to drone. As we're not recommending to open up the drone to possibly fix it. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-3-14
Use props
TwinCityAerial
lvl.3
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 3-14 12:33
You might try reloading the firmware to flush out the error code.

I have tried this using DJI Assistant 2. I did a factory reset, then I downgraded to the lowest firmware, then the second firmware and then the most recent, still same error.
2019-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules