Anyone see blurriness in center of image w/ Moverio 300 series?
1159 6 2019-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643907 ft
United States

So I have the BT-30E (BT-300 headset paired with the BT-35E Interface unit) and Im having an issue with mild blurriness, approx 50-60% of the image, from center outward. Its not unusably blurry but enough to have trouble reading numbers & words. The edges are completely clear/crisp.

I havent had my eyes checked in sometime but Ive never had any issues with my sight. I also have the DJI Goggles RE and those are perfectly clear (w/ the IPD adj set in the middle of its range).
Really, I dont believe its an issue w/ my IPD?
My IPD measures at 2.5-2.6 inches, which as I read it, is right in the middle of the range Epson states.

I have searched these forums for anything similiar to my issue but all Ive found were issues relating to peoples IPD, which as I understand it, affects the edges of the image, right?

Ive read about the SmartGold inserts but those seem to be meant fir the IPD issue as well.

In a desparate attempt to get clarity, I tried testing some reading glasses, but the lowest, 1.25, were WAY too blurry everywhere.

Ive tried the adjustments of moving the glasses in/out, side to side, etc but I only see slight changes to the blurriness and the affected srea seems to move with the glasses, so Im wondering if its my vision at all?

Im just hoping to learn if this is an issue that others are seeing with the BT-300 series glasses or if my eyes are most likely the problem, and if thsts the case, what can I even do about it?

Thx for any help!
2019-3-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

How about having a couple of people with 20/20 vision look through Moverio to see if they have same issue with mild blurriness?
Moverio could be defective.

2019-3-14
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

My 1.5 glasses are way too blurry - so i tried 2.5 for my goggles and i see crystal clear. Usually i do not wear glasses at all so i was surprised that 2.5 were what i required. also it is worth checking to see that your nd filter (or lense) is properly cleaned.
2019-3-14
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
United States

Sounds like a good place to start. Thank you both for the advice! (I agree its odd that 2 5 worked better than 1.5 for you but hey, it gives me hope that I may get lucky? Ill be trying all of them now!) Thx again
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the information given. There is a possibility that the Epson Moverio 300 series goggles will work. However, since it's not yet optimized with our DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the the Epson Moverio 300 series goggles if it will work all the time while using it on the DJI Drone. Thank you.
2019-3-15
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
United States

So, I guess it is my vision thats the problem...

I tried on a par of my mothers glasses (moderate prescription) and walla, most of the image became clear. I surely dont understand it, as my eyes are just fine otherwise, near and far, no issues, not to mention that the DJI Goggles are fine w/o glasses, so yeah, Im lost but at least I know the Moverios are not defective. It was a bit worrisome. Thx to those that offered advice.
2019-3-16
Use props
4Pro_Moverio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3537228 ft
United States

Yes, need to get reader glasses, it is because image is so close.
2021-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules