Spark and DJI Pilot App
5105 11 2019-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_JHFZJKBHwFM6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1056125 ft
Canada

Hi there! I recently purchased a Spark. Very happy with it but am disappointed in the Go app (Tap N Fly??? Why?).  I saw that there were people that used the DJI Pilot app with their Spark  and gave it a try. Much better software. Tried flying a few waypoint routes and it worked flawlessly.  I  mostly use the Go app or just flying manually, and the Pilot app for missions.  I'm using Android on a Google Pixel 3.  I also purchased DJI Care with my Spark. My question is; IF there is a catastrophic incident while flying my Spark with Pilot, am I still covered under the DJI Care program? It IS a DJI product.

Thanx!

2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really admire you being interested in using the DJI Product. With regards to that the DJI Care Refresh will not be voided since it's still DJI Product. Nevertheless, we would still recommend using the specific application since the DJI Pilot app is not optimized for the consumer drone. Best regards!
2019-3-14
Use props
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82169 ft
United States

How are you able to use Pilot? When I try it says that my device is not supported.
Older version? If so where do you get it?
2019-3-14
Use props
djiuser_4sLt1qLPkkvB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53025 ft
Switzerland

PatriotArcher Posted at 3-14 18:30
How are you able to use Pilot? When I try it says that my device is not supported.

I just installed DJI Pilot and powered up the Spark RC & AC (OTG connection) and the app found them and I could fly...

Maybe because I used OTG?

Now to find the instructions and discover what isn't supported on the Spark
2019-3-15
Use props
djiuser_4sLt1qLPkkvB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53025 ft
Switzerland

Ah, just found this https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=173888 best stay with Go (& Litchi)
2019-3-15
Use props
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82169 ft
United States

djiuser_4sLt1qLPkkvB Posted at 3-15 05:37
Ah, just found this https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=173888 best stay with Go (& Litchi)

Darn I was excited. Well thanks anyways.
2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Nice to hear that you were able to find it out. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thanks!
2019-3-15
Use props
djiuser_JHFZJKBHwFM6
lvl.1
Canada

PatriotArcher Posted at 3-14 18:30

I was looking in the Play store when I found Pilot.  Checked the reviews and saw one to the effect of "Works great with my Spark", so I D/L'd and gave it a shot. Installed and updated no problem. Works well the few times I've tried it. Just fired it up, connected the R/C via WiFi, it recognized it as a Spark and off we went.  So far, just a couple short flights and waypoint missions.  Still use Go for regular goofing around. From what I've seen, I gather that Pilot doesn't play well with Apple devices. Good Luck!
2019-3-15
Use props
djiuser_JHFZJKBHwFM6
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-14 15:13
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really admire you being interested in using the DJI Product. With regards to that the DJI Care Refresh will not be voided since it's still DJI Product. Nevertheless, we would still recommend using the specific application since the DJI Pilot app is not optimized for the consumer drone. Best regards!

Thanx for your quick response! Without all the details, post #5 in the  link contained in post #7, apppears to contradict your response.

"I lost my Spark while using it and they refuse to open a case, even to see whether there was a problem by studying the DJI GO 4 information.

The Pilot app does not tell you which drones are compatible with it, nor will your drone warn you not to use it."

Can you please confirm I am still covered under DJI Care while using Pilot?
Thankyou so much!
2019-3-15
Use props
djiuser_JHFZJKBHwFM6
lvl.1
Canada

If DJI Pilot is not 3rd party app, Litchi definately is.  Will stick with DJI until Care runs out.
2019-3-15
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

I think I'll try the pilot app with an otg cable too.
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_JHFZJKBHwFM6 Posted at 3-15 16:03
Thanx for your quick response! Without all the details, post #5 in the  link contained in post #7, apppears to contradict your response.

"I lost my Spark while using it and they refuse to open a case, even to see whether there was a problem by studying the DJI GO 4 information.

I apologize, about that. Yes, you will still be covered will not be voided. However. It will be better to use the correct Application since the DJI Pilot is for enterprise DJI Aircraft and not for the consumer drone. Thanks!
2019-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules