error running DJI Assistant 2; Windows 10
3778 31 2019-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

Is there an easy way to fix this error? I've been running Assistant 2 on other Windows 10 machines, is this new?

Capture.PNG
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Mark, sorry for the trouble. It is a known issue and the engineers are working on it, a new version of DJI Assistant 2 will be released in fixing it.
At this moment, if it is convenient, please kindly install or run DJI Assistant 2 software using a computer with Windows 7/8 or Mac. Sorry again for the inconvenience.
2019-3-15
Use props
RoOSTA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101178 ft
Australia

Windows 10 release date: 29 July 2015

DJI Assistant 2 last reported as not working on Windows 10: 15 March 2019

So, it's been NEARLY 4 years...and you're telling us "it's a known issue and our engineers are working on it"??

Does anyone have a brain or direction over there at DJI? You need to hire new engineers, THIS LONG and STIll nothing?

Surely this is the perfect sign you don't support your products to the most basic extent - so they can be firmware upgraded for safety using a home computer. I thought DJI was all about safety?! Clearly not. This is a great sign for people to search about, find this post, read it and decide against purchasing your products if its been this long ad you STILL HAVE NO SOLUTION!

Turn off your spyware crap that's causing the UAC problem!

This is an absolute disgrace.
2019-3-15
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730026 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-15 02:12
Hi Mark, sorry for the trouble. It is a known issue and the engineers are working on it, a new version of DJI Assistant 2 will be released in fixing it.
At this moment, if it is convenient, please kindly install or run DJI Assistant 2 software using a computer with Windows 7/8 or Mac. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Exactly my issue. Is there an estimated date of repair? Thanks for sending this up, Mark.
2019-3-15
Use props
LesterJ
New
Flight distance : 22936 ft
Canada

Hi Mark, sorry for the trouble. It is a known issue and the engineers are working on it, a new version of DJI Assistant 2 will be released in fixing it.

Is there a way that DJI can inform me when this is fixed? I just tried to get into the program after not flying for a few months & got the same error as the original poster. It was working fine before, I assume a windows update must be the reason the program doesn't work. I loaded it on my windows surface tablet, and it seems to be working fine, but I'd prefer to use my desktop pc for this.
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

RoOSTA Posted at 3-15 07:40
Windows 10 release date: 29 July 2015

DJI Assistant 2 last reported as not working on Windows 10: 15 March 2019

Hi RoOSTA, I am sorry for the trouble. The issue that the OP posted is the issue that happened lately, we are sorry for the inconvenience that has brought to the users. Our engineers will solve it as soon as possible.
If you have encountered any other issues, please kindly let me know, I will do my best to help.
2019-3-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

dwin1977 Posted at 3-15 17:44
Exactly my issue. Is there an estimated date of repair? Thanks for sending this up, Mark.

Hi Mark, the new DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic is expected to release in the next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2019-3-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

LesterJ Posted at 3-16 00:17
Is there a way that DJI can inform me when this is fixed? I just tried to get into the program after not flying for a few months & got the same error as the original poster. It was working fine before, I assume a windows update must be the reason the program doesn't work. I loaded it on my windows surface tablet, and it seems to be working fine, but I'd prefer to use my desktop pc for this.

Hello LesterJ, the engineers mentioned that the new DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic is expected to release in the next week, please kindly wait patiently.
2019-3-17
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-17 19:35
Hello LesterJ, the engineers mentioned that the new DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic is expected to release in the next week, please kindly wait patiently.

Will we need to uninstall and reinstall when this is done?
2019-3-20
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

I wish I could be I'm on vacation for a month with my drone and my only laptop, Windows 10.  Please hurry on the fix.
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

dwin1977 Posted at 3-20 16:48
Will we need to uninstall and reinstall when this is done?

You can update the app directly, you can also reinstall it. Either way works.
For your information, DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.7 was released, you can check for the update https://www.dji.com/au/mavic-2/info#downloads.
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

marklyn59 Posted at 3-21 14:51
I wish I could be I'm on vacation for a month with my drone and my only laptop, Windows 10.  Please hurry on the fix.

Hi Mark, I understand. Will keep purshing the engineers for the release.
2019-3-21
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-21 19:32
Hi Mark, I understand. Will keep purshing the engineers for the release.

Now how about for DJI Assistant 2? I need to update the goggles so they will work with the Pro 2. Just uninstalled and reinstalled. Blocked. Are the goggles now a $300.00 door stop?
2019-3-22
Use props
peted
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26411 ft
Australia

The new versions have been released, I can start the V2.07 software but my Mavic Pro never connects to the PC. I can see the DJI Virtual port listed but that it.

Big fail DJI.
2019-3-22
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

peted Posted at 3-22 19:44
The new versions have been released, I can start the V2.07 software but my Mavic Pro never connects to the PC. I can see the DJI Virtual port listed but that it.

Big fail DJI.

I don’t think they’ve updated the DJI Assistant 2 for the Mavic Air or Mavic Pro yet.  The version you’ve downloaded is for the Mavic 2 and Phantom 4 drones.  

They first released the update for the Matrice drones, followed by the M2 and P4. I’m guessing they’ll be releasing the update for the others soon.
2019-3-22
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dwin1977 Posted at 3-22 15:36
Now how about for DJI Assistant 2? I need to update the goggles so they will work with the Pro 2. Just uninstalled and reinstalled. Blocked. Are the goggles now a $300.00 door stop?

I believe the Goggles require the same DJI Assistant 2 version as is used for the original Mavic Pro.  I don’t think DJI has released the updated version fixing this problem for that version yet.  They started with the fix for the Matrice drones, then the M2 and P4.  I’m guessing they are working to finish off the version for the MP/Goggles, Mavic Air, and Spark soon.
2019-3-22
Use props
peted
lvl.1
Australia

They have released them as far as I can see, some of the links are only the old versions. You have to go to the download centre to get the new versions.
2019-3-22
Use props
peted
lvl.1
Australia

Okay so I think you are right...... come on DJI pull your finger out and support your users properly.
2019-3-22
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Hadn't updated my MP since last fall and ran into the same issue with a new computer. Quick Google search reveals that this can be fixed by turning off UAC at the registry level and rebooting. After that, when I ran the app Windows Defender asked me if I wanted to allow the app to run on private/public networks and I was back in business again. YMMV, but this is what worked for me.
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

dwin1977 Posted at 3-22 15:36

The engineers are working for the update, and it is expected to release next week. Please kindly wait patiently.
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

peted Posted at 3-22 19:44

Big fail DJI.

Hi there, sorry for the trouble, as KlooGee mentioned, the DJI Assistant 2 which Mavic Pro uses has not released, it is expected to release next week, please kindly wait patiently.
2019-3-24
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 3-24 02:42
Hi there, sorry for the trouble, as KlooGee mentioned, the DJI Assistant 2 which Mavic Pro uses has not released, it is expected to release next week, please kindly wait patiently.

H Thor. Thanks for the work you are doing here.

I posted the same problem on the Phantom 4 Pro section of this forum. You can check it out HERE.
This seems to be related to a the latest update of Windows 10 in relation to a 'root certificate' that makes windows 10 refuse to run Ass2. Apparently there seem to be a way to disable the UAC. Instructions for this is supposed to be on this forum, according to information I got on my Post.
I assume that the DJI Engineers are also working on the Phantom 4 Pro problems?.
Please advise if you know where the UAC Disabling instructions can be found.

Thanks again.
Bat
2019-3-24
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 3-21 19:30
You can update the app directly, you can also reinstall it. Either way works.
For your information, DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.7 was released, you can check for the update https://www.dji.com/au/mavic-2/info#downloads.

FYI

As of the 24 of March it was not there?.

2019-3-24
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

KlooGee Posted at 3-22 20:02
I don’t think they’ve updated the DJI Assistant 2 for the Mavic Air or Mavic Pro yet.  The version you’ve downloaded is for the Mavic 2 and Phantom 4 drones.  

They first released the update for the Matrice drones, followed by the M2 and P4. I’m guessing they’ll be releasing the update for the others soon.

Hi Kloo
I haven't seen anything new for the Phantom 4 Pro.
When I go to the Phantom 4 Pro forum, I see a popup saying the the P4P is NO LONGER in production, and they provide a link to the Mavic product. Does this mean they will not support the Assistant 2 for Phantom 4 Pro anymore?.

Thannks

Bat
2019-3-24
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

peted Posted at 3-22 23:19
They have released them as far as I can see, some of the links are only the old versions. You have to go to the download centre to get the new versions.

Can you provide a link to that section, cause I have been there and did not see anything new for the P4P as far as Assistant 2 is concerned.

Thanks Bat.
2019-3-24
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Paul_IA Posted at 3-23 04:31
Hadn't updated my MP since last fall and ran into the same issue with a new computer. Quick Google search reveals that this can be fixed by turning off UAC at the registry level and rebooting. After that, when I ran the app Windows Defender asked me if I wanted to allow the app to run on private/public networks and I was back in business again. YMMV, but this is what worked for me.

Can you provide instructions or link to instructions on how to 'Truning off registry level and rebooting'?

Thanks Bat
2019-3-24
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Assistant 2 for Phantom dated Mar 15, 2019 can be found here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... t-dji-2-for-phantom

It supports:

Phantom 4
    Phantom 4 Pro
    Phantom 4 Advanced
    Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
2019-3-24
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

capbat Posted at 3-24 06:38
Hi Kloo
I haven't seen anything new for the Phantom 4 Pro.
When I go to the Phantom 4 Pro forum, I see a popup saying the the P4P is NO LONGER in production, and they provide a link to the Mavic product. Does this mean they will not support the Assistant 2 for Phantom 4 Pro anymore?.

They updated it on Mar 15th for Windows.  

https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads

As far as the message, they are just saying they aren't currently building any more P4P and to look at buying the M2P instead.  I don't think it has anything to do with supporting the product.
2019-3-24
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Keule Posted at 3-24 06:44
Assistant 2 for Phantom dated Mar 15, 2019 can be found here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... t-dji-2-for-phantom

It supports:

Thanks for the Info everything ok now.

BAt
2019-3-24
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

KlooGee Posted at 3-24 06:59
They updated it on Mar 15th for Windows.  

https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads

Thanks for the info.
Your link brings me to V 2.0.6 I followed Keule link which brings me to 2.0.7
That was my original confusion.

Thanks Agian. Kloo.
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

capbat Posted at 3-24 06:21
H Thor. Thanks for the work you are doing here.

I posted the same problem on the Phantom 4 Pro section of this forum. You can check it out HERE.

Hi Bat, as of your info below, I believe your case has been sorted out. Thanks for the forum members' help.
2019-3-24
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

capbat Posted at 3-24 10:50
Thanks for the info.
Your link brings me to V 2.0.6 I followed Keule link which brings me to 2.0.7
That was my original confusion.

Hmmm, not sure how that works.  I took the screenshots directly from the page I linked.  Were you maybe looking at the Mac download instead of the Windows download.  Oh well, glad you got it sorted out!
2019-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules