684 4 2019-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

so i have a few suggestions, based on my research of EV's (cars) and comparing them and some EVs are way better than others with battery degradation over time, even with abuse.  plus i was flying around today and noticed how differant some batteries are vs others that i own..
also these suggestions dont need to be locked on or anything, could be optional settings that toggle on and off hidden in dji menus in the app.

1. active thermal management systems:   meaning when battery gets too hot or too cold, the ESCs can "thermal throttle" power such as setting a power limit for output until battery cools off or stabilizes thermals. same for when battery is too cold, if battery is too cold set a power throttle/ power limit and show reduced range until the thermals are within safe zone.   this will help prevent the batteries from premature failure because wont build up as much internal resistance from such abuse it also help increase life span of the batteries as natural for them to build up internal resistance over time and use so as they age they wont wont die as quickly..  i suggest making it a thermal:power curve not just hard thresholds, that way it will feel more progressive, unless thermals are way beyond limtis..

2. Low power buffer:  meaning a fake 0% in a way.  for example eable buffer and set it to 10%, this means that 0% is really 10% battery remaining, this means less likely to over discharge and damage batteries and thus less abuse but also means that people landing with more battery left and thus less chance of harming long term life span.. this can also disable itself as the battery ages and estimated health goes down needing that extra 10% compacity to run like new.

3.  power throttling with health:  by this i mean say battery is aging badly it has voltage sag newer batteries donet and so on, setting a hard lower limit say 50% power limit means that even in sport mode cant push more then 50% power out to motors.  it can help extend life of batteries.

4.  "eco mode" :  think about this as a very agressive output power throttle curve, as more battery is being use the harder the throttling occurs.. havign it also as option when on low power could help you get the drone back..

5. Healthy Metrics:  i mean actual helpful health metric.. like estimated health, battery compacity vs new, health % estimate, and maybe visual incicator with bars to show how healthy battery is.  maybe even add in a system to buy replacement battery off the menu if battery health is slumping or other errors.

6.  icons for battery thermals:   like blue thermomiter icon in status bar for too cold and red one for too hot, flashing ! if errors/trouble codes (even if unrelated to battery)

2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day HereForTheBeer. Thank you for posting these firmware suggestions today. Let me please forward these suggestions to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Assistant 2 Firmware. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-15 12:23
Hello and good day HereForTheBeer. Thank you for posting these firmware suggestions today. Let me please forward these suggestions to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Assistant 2 Firmware. Thank you for your support.

awesome thank you
2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are always welcome HereForTheBeer. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-3-15
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Good thinking mate. I like suggestion #6....Icons for battery thermals. Maybe where the battery voltage sits on the Go App up the top RHS. Could be battery voltage inside the icon so as well as keeping an eye on voltage it could be in a little box that changes color according to battery temp. My thoughts only....but I like your thinking!!!
2019-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules