Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MIC adapter not compatible with wireless module
7694 26 2019-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jul
lvl.1
Spain

I just received my 3.5 jack adapter today and it works but only with a direct connection. If I try to use it through the USB C port of the wireless adapter it doesn't work. Any help with this? is it going to be fixed in the next update? or ever? The company didn´t mention this detail when I paid 39$ plus very expensive shipping and now my wireless module seems like a waste of money because I have to choose between a phone connected or decent sound.
2019-3-15
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ya, I did that test. It. Doesn’t work with WiFi/bT modular, but then, it doesn’t work with many mics
2019-3-15
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

Very sad news....
Fow now I think using the wireless module will be more useful for me. At least, because I can charge OP while using it as well.

Until now, I still ponder the reason why DJI omit the charging input on its audio adapter.
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day jul. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for giving your insight regarding the DJI 3.5mm audio adapter. The DJI 3.5mm audio adapter needs to be plug in directly to the DJI Osmo Pocket for it to work properly. As of the moment we do not have any information if this is going to be fixed in the next firmware update. For the latest news and updates on the DJI Osmo Pocket and it's accessories. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for details. Thank you.
2019-3-16
Use props
Gr8fulTed
lvl.2
United States

Very interesting. I have received mine, but I'm on the road right now haven't yet had a chance to test using the adapter with the wifi module. However, two people that I know have attempted to use the adapter with the wifi module and they it works just fine. Interesting. I shall be eager to check for myself once I return home.
2019-3-17
Use props
jul
lvl.1
Spain

Gr8fulTed Posted at 3-17 07:01
Very interesting. I have received mine, but I'm on the road right now haven't yet had a chance to test using the adapter with the wifi module. However, two people that I know have attempted to use the adapter with the wifi module and they it works just fine. Interesting. I shall be eager to check for myself once I return home.

Please share your experience I´ll be very happy to hear that I just have to tune the settings somehow. good luck
2019-3-18
Use props
fans53756491
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18652 ft
  • >>>
Israel

one draw back of the wireless module is that with the usb type c  connector on the wireless module you can only charge the osmo pocket. it seems that usb c is not set for  data. stupid but this is the way it operate.
2019-6-5
Use props
fansa9fc05e3
lvl.1
Canada

Hello i have the same problem wireless port and microphone doesnt work
2019-8-20
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully an upcoming firmware update will resolve this issue??..
2019-8-20
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

The usb c on the OP Wireless module is only for power.
2019-8-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

One of the other threads on this subject shows how to modify the module to fix this problem - if you have the skills of a brain surgeon.
2019-8-20
Use props
djiuser_ypGdz09mcCFA
New

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-16 08:31
Hello and good day jul. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for giving your insight regarding the DJI 3.5mm audio adapter. The DJI 3.5mm audio adapter needs to be plug in directly to the DJI Osmo Pocket for it to work properly. As of the moment we do not have any information if this is going to be fixed in the next firmware update. For the latest news and updates on the DJI Osmo Pocket and it's accessories. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for details. Thank you.

Any update on this issue?
2019-10-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment we still have no information or any updates with regards to this matter. But rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously working to improve the said DJI Osmo Pocket accessories. Thank you.
2019-10-14
Use props
fans2c661040
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58809 ft

Can you use a wireless mic while pocket wireless to phone .
Or can you connect phone wireless and for a mic to phone .sorry if questions are a stupid but I'm a newbie
2019-10-14
Use props
djiuser_lYQyYEpzhAXZ
New
Mexico

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-14 11:31
Hello and good day. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment we still have no information or any updates with regards to this matter. But rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously working to improve the said DJI Osmo Pocket accessories. Thank you.

I know that DJI failed terribly in it’s design of the Wi-Fi module and leaving out data pass through.
Having just bought $2000 USD of pockets, extension sticks and microphone adapters I am mad as hell!
When will DJI release a new version of the module with the proper pass through???
I cannot believe the an external microphone cannot be used!!! Ridiculous!!!
When? When? When???
2019-10-21
Use props
BeemerBoy1000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 918839 ft
United Kingdom

Hi There DJI,

Is there any update on this. Same problem with me plus a few hundred thousand others i assume. I assumed that DJI were a quality player after purchasing my DJI Mavic Pro. There are certain assumptions that should be made when buying a quality brand such as DJI. Maybe those days are over. Again, I have spent some real cash on accessories only to find that I am limited with the options i have. I suppose this leaves a little hole so you can just about justify buying a 2k dollar camera just because there was no data passthrough.

I know, I know, the keyword here is assume. I did my research on virtually everything but this issue.
2019-11-23
Use props
KaneTeam
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-3-16 08:31
Hello and good day jul. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for giving your insight regarding the DJI 3.5mm audio adapter. The DJI 3.5mm audio adapter needs to be plug in directly to the DJI Osmo Pocket for it to work properly. As of the moment we do not have any information if this is going to be fixed in the next firmware update. For the latest news and updates on the DJI Osmo Pocket and it's accessories. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for details. Thank you.

Just curious if anything has been done regarding this issue in the past year since your reply. Do we still have choose between plugged in audio and wireless module?
2020-2-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It's a hardware issue - so they would need to launch a different wireless module, or a combined module for wireless and audio - or, a whole new camera with integrated wireless and a mic socket...
2020-2-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

KaneTeam Posted at 2-10 14:14
Just curious if anything has been done regarding this issue in the past year since your reply. Do we still have choose between plugged in audio and wireless module?

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. As of the moment we don't have any information regarding DJI's future updates or features for the DJI Osmo Pocket that would be released by DJI in the future. Please stay tuned to the latest updates and events by subscribing to the DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI, Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-2-11
Use props
Kennmung
New
Hong Kong

I am not sure the case you encounter. What I experienced on Rod wireless Mic, the DJI adaptor works on it but DJI convertor does not work on my mobile, I need to buy the Mobile brand USB C convertor with Rods TRRRX (3 rings) cable for my wifi mic. I think DJI adaptor does not support headset mic function in design, that why I need to buy Mobile USB C convertor, Mic is using headset MIC function
2020-2-11
Use props
Kennmung
New
Hong Kong

I had told DJI that OSMO Pocket had a product design problem on wireless module, remote control module didnot offer external mic setting. We use OSMO Wireless Module because hardware far away from user, we use mobile to remote control, when hardware is far from user, how the hardware record our voice. I raised this concern to DJI but seems not fixed. DJI only provide remote control with mic on DJI ACTION
2020-2-11
Use props
bsuicorealtor
lvl.2
Canada

fansfe82067d Posted at 2-10 14:25
It's a hardware issue - so they would need to launch a different wireless module, or a combined module for wireless and audio - or, a whole new camera with integrated wireless and a mic socket...

this would have been AMAZING. I would have definitely paid for this combo... a nice 3.5mm port right on the wireless module (even if it was a bit bigger).

whoever was hired to make these accessories needs to wake up and give customers what they want.

Take my wireless module and my adapter back and put them together in a new case.
2020-2-19
Use props
Derek Schwetz
New

Canada

Has any further thought been given to this? I just got the wireless module and the mic adapter and I am very disappointed with the lack of compatibility. After being out for a few years, one would have thought this would have been fixed.
2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_BO7S7bJIJV27
New
United States

WOW! Hard to believe this Poor design. I’m new to the pocket and bought the Osmo selfie stick, wireless adapter and a Rode wireless mic. I just assumed They would all work together. Why would you want to use the crappy built in mic if the Osmo is way out at the end of the selfie stick? I can’t stand wind noise while recording. Being able to use a wireless mic and the wireless adapter so you can actually see what you’re shooting is clearly the most basic solution. That DJI is so short sighted is amazing!!! Have any of you ever used one? That’s a rhetorical question. Obviously not!!! WTF?
2020-5-31
Use props
ccastillo1005
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

If your osmo pocket is out of warranty and if you have a DJI wireless module, there is a workaround so you can use the wireless module charging port with an external microphone. By default, the wireless module charging won't work with an external microphone, but there is hack. Check out this link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FRzxtDNJQ
2020-8-25
Use props
Atthachai Sriworabhat
New

Thailand

Problem still exists, how will they deal with this??
2020-11-28
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Atthachai Sriworabhat Posted at 11-28 07:02
Problem still exists, how will they deal with this??

Pocket 2 ?
2020-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules