2129 17 2019-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Millersw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 408415 ft
  • >>>
United States

Audio Adapter works by itself. Will not work with DJI wireless module. Needs to be plug in directly to the pocket only.
2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Millersw. Thank you for reaching out. Yes you are correct the DJI 3.5mm audio adapter needs to be plug in directly to the DJI Osmo Pocket for it to work properly. If you have any inquiries or concern with your DJI Osmo Pocket and it's accessories. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.
2019-3-16
Use props
ice_man
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-16 07:39
Hello and good day Millersw. Thank you for reaching out. Yes you are correct the DJI 3.5mm audio adapter needs to be plug in directly to the DJI Osmo Pocket for it to work properly. If you have any inquiries or concern with your DJI Osmo Pocket and it's accessories. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.

The coexistence of wireless connections and external microphones is also most important. Is there a firmware update to solve that problem in the future?
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ice_man Posted at 3-16 08:04
The coexistence of wireless connections and external microphones is also most important. Is there a firmware update to solve that problem in the future?

Hello and good day ice_man. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not have any information with regards to this inquiry. Let me please forward this information/tread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said device. Thank you.
2019-3-16
Use props
ice_man
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-16 08:10
Hello and good day ice_man. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not have any information with regards to this inquiry. Let me please forward this information/tread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said device. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

In addition, because DJI homepage does not mention the mic adapter whether it is mono or stereo. So, before I bought this mic adapter I contacted your online representative to ask that questions. Her answer is stereo, but I bought it and do the testing, it seems to be just mono. Could DJI officially disclose all the information of the mic adapter, so that all the user can reading the complete information then deciding whether to buy it or not !

Thanks in advance!
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ice_man Posted at 3-16 08:36
Hi Stephen,

In addition, because DJI homepage does not mention the mic adapter whether it is mono or stereo. So, before I bought this mic adapter I contacted your online representative to ask that questions. Her answer is stereo, but I bought it and do the testing, it seems to be just mono. Could DJI officially disclose all the information of the mic adapter, so that all the user can reading the complete information then deciding whether to buy it or not !

Thank you for the additional information you have shared with us ice_man. I will definitely forward this information you have given to the our DJI R&D Team. Thank you.
2019-3-16
Use props
ice_man
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-16 08:39
Thank you for the additional information you have shared with us ice_man. I will definitely forward this information you have given to the our DJI R&D Team. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your reply and kindly help!

I don't understand why DJI does not describe the product's features, precautions, compatibility and all important information on DJI official website! This is the right that consumers should have, please make improvements in the future!

Thanks a lot!
2019-3-16
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

ice_man Posted at 3-16 08:04

Will not be fixed in firmware as the USB -C on the wireless adapter is a charge port only, not a data port.
2019-3-16
Use props
ice_man
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Wiz33 Posted at 3-16 19:43
Will not be fixed in firmware as the USB -C on the wireless adapter is a charge port only, not a data port.

Oh no... it’s really regrettable.
2019-3-16
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ice_man Posted at 3-16 20:36
Oh no... it’s really regrettable.

If you don't need mobility. There might be hope but it will be a mess of adapter and cables. I'm going to try this setup once I get my Mic adapter.

USB-C mini Hub connected to the OP

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

USB-3.0 to USB-C data adapter from the hub

Connect the mic adapter to one and use an USB-C extension cable to connect the wireless adapter to the other.

And if you need charging, connect you current charge cable to the USB-C input on the HUB.

No idea if this will work but I have all the parts on their way to me but I probably won't get the mic adapter till the last week of March. Will report back once I got everything.
2019-3-17
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Gray is all theorie ... but it makes fun.
There were endless attempts to turn stones into gold
2019-3-17
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

BeterBan Posted at 3-17 09:48

I think that we all got our hopes up when we saw that the OP was going to have USB-C connectors only to find out that they don't in anyway adhere to the USB-C standards or even show any consistency in DJI's own implementation amongst the various OP device USB-C connecters.

No gold here.
2019-3-17
Use props
ice_man
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Wiz33 Posted at 3-17 09:19
If you don't need mobility. There might be hope but it will be a mess of adapter and cables. I'm going to try this setup once I get my Mic adapter.

USB-C mini Hub connected to the OP

That's mean, If you want to remote control the Osmo Pocket and the same time want to use an external microphone, up to now the only one solution is insert the mobile phone connector to Osmo Pocket, and then use the Type-C extension cable connect the mobile phone, the DJI mic adapter will normally connect to the Type-C socket at bottom of the Osmo Pocket, and then connect to the microphone!

2019-3-17
Use props
ice_man
lvl.2
Hong Kong

BeterBan Posted at 3-17 09:48

The grey areas are so interesting, they want to hide a lot of information and problems, let users buy their products first and then discovered by themselves!
2019-3-17
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ice_man Posted at 3-17 17:24
That's mean, If you want to remote control the Osmo Pocket and the same time want to use an external microphone, up to now the only one solution is insert the mobile phone connector to Osmo Pocket, and then use the Type-C extension cable connect the mobile phone, the DJI mic adapter will normally connect to the Type-C socket at bottom of the Osmo Pocket, and then connect to the microphone!

[view_image]

That's a cleaner way of doing it if the OP is close enough to connect to phone. Damn , That means I'll have to order an lightning extension cable too ;-P
2019-3-17
Use props
ice_man
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Wiz33 Posted at 3-17 21:14
That's a cleaner way of doing it if the OP is close enough to connect to phone. Damn , That means I'll have to order an lightning extension cable too ;-P

Yep....ha ha

2019-3-18
Use props
djiuser_ix7H6WDd5v1M
New
Oman

Is there any updates regarding the wireless module and audio adapter connectivity issue? I think its very easy to fix this issue by doing some modification in wireless module or some firmware update.
2020-8-5
Use props
ccastillo1005
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Check Out this Blog - It shows that the modification of the wireless module works. After modified, the wireless module now works with an external mic, charging and wireless connectivity. I recommend the technician. https://blogyourniche.com/2020/08/dji-osmo-pocket-wireless-module-modification-problem-solved/
2020-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules