Battery & Controller charging
2157 5 2019-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lolaalol
lvl.1
Canada

Hi all,

I received my first drone, mavic 2 pro with a fly more kit.

I am trying to charge 3 batteries on the 4 port charger but it seem that only 1 battery is charging at same time, is it normal ?

I also plugged the controller in my laptop with a USB cable, in 3 hours the controller went from 50% to 63%, I am doing something wrong ?

Thanks
2019-3-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

yes this is normal the charger hub is a sequential charger which means it charges one after the other.   

it will either pick whichever battery is most charged to charge first or will charger whichever battery was plugged in first if the charger was active during the time the battery as clipped in..

as for the controller battery being slow to charge off of main battery charger,  kinda normal that it is slow, i think each USB port is 1 amp (2 amps total).  if you want it to charge faster you can plug it into a higher power brick, most quality andriod phone chargers output 1.6 - 2.4 amps.  ipad chargers do 2.4 amps.  not sure how much this improves the charge rate for the controllers but in my experiance its not much faster, seems rate limited internally on the controller..  so plan on topping up over night or after every flight or something if its too slow

2019-3-15
Use props
lolaalol
lvl.1
Canada

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-15 18:46
yes this is normal the charger hub is a sequential charger which means it charges one after the other.   

it will either pick whichever battery is most charged to charge first or will charger whichever battery was plugged in first if the charger was active during the time the battery as clipped in..

Thanks you for the informations !
2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day lolaalol. Thank you for reaching out. That is normal. The battery charging hub will charge multiple batteries at the same time with its maximum rated power and the battery charging hub will spend the shortest time in charging the three batteries with the largest rated power, finally the battery with the lowest voltage will be charged last. Thanks for your support.
2019-3-16
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-16 07:05
Hello and good day lolaalol. Thank you for reaching out. That is normal. The battery charging hub will charge multiple batteries at the same time with its maximum rated power and the battery charging hub will spend the shortest time in charging the three batteries with the largest rated power, finally the battery with the lowest voltage will be charged first. Thanks for your support.

Hi DJI Stephen, You say the battery with the lowest voltage will charge first. Is that correct?
From the charger manual.
charges in sequence according to power levels, from high to low...
This is opposite to your advice to the OP.
Which is correct?
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-16 09:40
Hi DJI Stephen, You say the battery with the lowest voltage will charge first. Is that correct?
From the charger manual.
charges in sequence according to power levels, from high to low...

Hello and good day AlansDronePics. Thank you for the correction. Let me please correct my post. The Intelligent Flight Batteries will be charged in sequence according to there power levels, from high to low. Thank you.
2019-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules