Mavic 2 Pro Battery Charge Times
10784 7 2019-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wco81
lvl.2

United States

Trying to decide whether to get the Fly More bundle.

Seems like besides the two additional batteries, the battery hub could be worth it, depending on whether it speeds up the charging times.

How long does a standard charger take to fully recharge a battery?

I understand the hub only charges sequentially so presumably the total charge time would be 3 times whatever the standard charger which comes with the regular M2P?

I would also imagine the car charger takes longer to charge a battery than either of the wall chargers?
2019-3-16
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yup, the hub charges in sequence (in order of least discharged battery charged first etc). The car charger doesn’t take much longer in my experience. For home charging I bought a third party parallel charger off the bay.  It’ was £30 odd and charges 3 batteries simultaneously and can charge the remote controller at the same time.
2019-3-16
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think its worth it. I always land my M2P at about 30% and it takes about an hour or so to charge each battery. And I find the car charger so handy and it does not take longer to charge; if I remember correctly, it took less than an hour to charge a battery from less than 30%
2019-3-16
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MrTitan Posted at 3-16 16:13
Yup, the hub charges in sequence (in order of least discharged battery charged first etc). The car charger doesn’t take much longer in my experience. For home charging I bought a third party parallel charger off the bay.  It’ was £30 odd and charges 3 batteries simultaneously and can charge the remote controller at the same time.

I really like the simultaneous charging in my Spark. Do you recall how long it took the third-party charger to charge all batteries?
2019-3-16
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronespilot Posted at 3-16 19:12
I really like the simultaneous charging in my Spark. Do you recall how long it took the third-party charger to charge all batteries?

The charger I bought was this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intelli ... mavic+2+pro+charger

It takes about an hour and 15 mins  to charge all batteries simultaneously.
2019-3-17
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MrTitan Posted at 3-17 16:03
The charger I bought was this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intelligent-Battery-Charging-Charger-Mavic/dp/B07H4CVW21/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1552867263&sr=8-8&keywords=mavic+2+pro+charger

Great. Thanks for sharing the link.
2019-3-19
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Battery hub is most definitely worth the price and convenience.
2019-3-22
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 3-22 09:17
Battery hub is most definitely worth the price and convenience.

it sucks because it's a hub! it charges One battery at a time. ONE!
2019-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules