833 11 2019-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I tested a number of microphones with the new Audio accessory this after noon. I thought it might help if we build a list of working devices. Everything was using the normal audio setting.

My most successful microphone was the Aperture A.Lav microphone. I plugged this directly into the adapter and it provides the most real life recording including decent volume. It is a Mono mic, comes with loads of accessories to use on other devices.

You can get it at : https://www.amazon.ca/Aputure-Om ... amp;tag=googcana-20

I tested two different Audio Technica Short shotgun. The ATR6550. It was quiet, but it did record. The othe AT was a stereo ATR6250. Once again it recordet on my chest, it suddenly stopped playing any sound. Nothing would get it to record.

I tested something by Polson, the GPMK-22. This is a whole kit of mics. I tested the basic lavalier and it worked, although quietly. I would expect the other mics in the box would work too.

Lastly, I tried a mic from Polar pro designed for the Gopro 3/4. It worked , but it is a T shapped mic that would plug in and hang on the bottom.

I  last mic to try, its an Audio Technica ATR3350iS.
I had great volumne and clear recordings. It comes with an adapter that allows you to plug in a head set, but i didn't try it as it involves changing a TRRS into a TRS. Perhaps I'll try it later.

You can get this : https://www.amazon.ca/Lavalier-O ... ps%2C148&sr=8-1

I hope this has helped. Please let's keep this thread for building a list of working or tested mics.

2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day TheCameraGuy. Thank you for sharing these information with us and for your experience in using multiple microphones on the DJI Osmo Pocket. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-3-16
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi.

Can you upload some examples? I think it would be easier to gauge certain aspects of the interface, noise etc. with video examples and give others a better idea.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-3-16
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

David_Harry Posted at 3-16 13:34
Hi.

Can you upload some examples? I think it would be easier to gauge certain aspects of the interface, noise etc. with video examples and give others a better idea.

I wanted to do the video, but we have such high winds right now, my testing was limited to my office. If the wind goes down tomorrow, I’ll try tomorrow or Monday.
2019-3-16
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

David_Harry Posted at 3-16 13:34
Hi.

I wanted to do the video, but we have such high winds right now, my testing was limited to my office. If the wind goes down tomorrow, I’ll try tomorrow or Monday.
2019-3-16
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you tested the Aperture A.Lav did you just plug it in or did you also use the external plug-in power adapter that comes with it?
2019-3-16
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

I just plugged it in. No adapters.
2019-3-16
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TheCameraGuy Posted at 3-16 18:53
I just plugged it in. No adapters.

So now we know for sure that the Osmo Pocket is supplying plugin power.
2019-3-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing!
2019-3-17
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

BobWinNV Posted at 3-16 20:21
So now we know for sure that the Osmo Pocket is supplying plugin power.

I wouldn't say for sure. The Mic I had the best results with was the Audio Technical ATR3350iS. It has a small battery compartment down line that powers the mic. I think that is why the mic has the best volume and best sounding mic.
2019-3-18
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TheCameraGuy Posted at 3-18 05:06
I wouldn't say for sure. The Mic I had the best results with was the Audio Technical ATR3350iS. It has a small battery compartment down line that powers the mic. I think that is why the mic has the best volume and best sounding mic.

Your A-Lav microphone would not have worked  without it's external power adapter if the OP was not supplying plug-in power.
2019-3-18
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

TheCameraGuy Posted at 3-18 05:06

Just reading through your post and you obviously don't understand what you are doing. Any mic that's an ECM, like your lav, requires electret/plugin voltage. If it works without its own power supply when plugged into any device, then that device MUST be providing power.
2019-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules