dji care refresh??? what a joke
5171 13 2019-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans159677b0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20561 ft
United States

so i lost my spark on a road trip at multnomah falls, caught on a tree, unrecoverable. but i have dji care refresh with one replacement left. although you gotta sent a unit to them, you'd think i'd get a deal for another right? 15% off. 15!i meant i did want to upgrade to the mavic pro 2. but what happens when i put 1200 plus bucks and god forbid the same thing happens?

that customer service is a JOKE. bye felicia, so done with dji
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are so sorry for your loss, according to the policy, DJI Care Refresh will not cover loss or partial loss, appreciate your understanding. Your unsatisfaction of the final resolution we provided will be escalated to the appropriate team to double check, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-3-16
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

Dji made it pretty clear when you purchased the refresh you have to be able to recover you drone..
2019-3-17
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

Accident insurance is a better way to go..

My drone is covered for loss,damage,stolen even from pilot error for 60 bucks a year .. plus a get credit to the store.. so I can upgrade or change drones if I want..

Dji have access to serial numbers.. imo they should just change the drones to require re activation every 3 months or something ... this would enable dji to replace drones under refresh if you loose your drone
2019-3-17
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You want a new one, right? (care refresh!)
So the Spark can be in pieces
How big is that tree?
2019-3-17
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Sorry for your loss mate. I know you are gutted right now but that's exactly how the DJI Care Refresh works. You need to send them 3 things (may be broken also) to get the replacement.
1. Aircraft body with camera-gimbal unit
2. 2 pairs of propellers
3. 1 intelligent flight battery

Also, the replacement unit may either be brand new or a refurbished unit.
I have already got one replacement (got a brand new drone) with DJI Care Refresh and know how it works.
2019-3-17
Use props
fans674fa595
New
United States

Renames Posted at 3-17 06:19

My drone is covered for loss,damage,stolen even from pilot error for 60 bucks a year .. plus a get credit to the store.. so I can upgrade or change drones if I want..

Who is your accident coverage under?
2019-8-19
Use props
Blanklabel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 304678 ft
United States

nilanjan118 Posted at 3-17 18:25
Sorry for your loss mate. I know you are gutted right now but that's exactly how the DJI Care Refresh works. You need to send them 3 things (may be broken also) to get the replacement.
1. Aircraft body with camera-gimbal unit
2. 2 pairs of propellers

Can you PLEASE confirm how you managed to ensure that you did indeed get a “NEW” and NOT a Refurbished Model ?!?!? Thanks in Advance.

I will be preparing to do my first DJI Care Refresh exchange and am super ocd about my stuff. (I actually have the sticker still on the battery.) After 100 flights and xxx hours. I am going to be getting my Drone Pilot License 107 in two weeks and want to make sure I receive a “NEW” model since I am using it for professional and commercial purposes. (I mean the video/picture quality and stability/ hovering  are crucial to my businesses success.)

I am a contracting and freelance company working with Construction Companies providing live updates, Real Estate obviously, and Roofing quotes and damage appraisals. (All under one umbrella company, and I’ve already got presentations and jobs lined up. Average pay is not average, in fact it quite varies from $40/hr upwards of $100/hr in Atlanta Georgia.)  *I also do professional photography with a Sony a7iii and an array of lens to capture that one perfect shot. (Which is 80% Real Estate, but allows me to get my Drone involved and cost per unit up. The Drone is super cool, and you must be creative with your approach, lighting, time of day, and Drone maneuvering must be perfect. The camera does the heavy work here and can make or breaks a good deal. Hence, the Drone to close the deal. Must have onsite/field editing capabilities.

Again can you confirm how you ensured you were able to get a “NEW” Mavic Drone vs. a refurbished one ?

Mavic Pro 2 Stealth Mode
David  Smith
Greater Atlanta Area
blanklabel@icloud.com
blanklabeldesigns@icloud.com
Shutter stock available.
Portfolio available upon request.  
2019-12-14
Use props
Mavic Pro Stealth Mode
lvl.2
Flight distance : 304678 ft
United States

Renames Posted at 3-17 06:19

Accident Insurance ...., hmm, tell us more ?
Available in the USA ?
2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_RE2hWSV15ibN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127113 ft
United States

Where exactly does it say in the DJI CARE REFRESH advertising solicitation a lost drone isn't covered?  To the contrary, it touts two replacements.  NO mention of the need to send a damaged drone back to them.  Rather deceptive!

Mine went into a river rapid, not recoverable.  Yes, it was my error (hit a tree branch).  But that's why I purchased the insurance (after reading DJI's advert)!  ... happens!!
2021-3-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_RE2hWSV15ibN Posted at 3-27 17:58
Where exactly does it say in the DJI CARE REFRESH advertising solicitation a lost drone isn't covered?  To the contrary, it touts two replacements.  NO mention of the need to send a damaged drone back to them.  Rather deceptive!

Mine went into a river rapid, not recoverable.  Yes, it was my error (hit a tree branch).  But that's why I purchased the insurance (after reading DJI's advert)!  ... happens!!

We are sorry to hear about the loss of your drone. May I know if you had reported the case to our support and started a case?
If so, please provide me with the reference number, I will look into the details.
If you have not contacted the support, please click this link http://www.dji.com/support and contact the support by email to start a case.
Now DJI Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2 supports flyaway coverage, for other drones, flyaway coverage is not supported. Please tell me the model and the serial number of your drone so I can check further info for you. Thank you.
2021-3-28
Use props
djiuser_RE2hWSV15ibN
lvl.1
United States

My drone was an FPV.
S/N. 37QBHCD00B01NV
DJI Care Refresh Agreement A44AB55DE9956A1

I contacted DJI customer service on 03/28/2021, the day after I incurred the loss.  My communication was via online chat with a customer service representative identified as Dempsey.  I provided the following information:

My name
Email
Telephone
Date of purchase
Drone serial number
DJI Care Refresh agreement number

Dempsey advised my claim would be escalated and I would be contacted within 48 hours.  I have not yet been contacted as of today; 4/06/2021.  
2021-4-6
Use props
djiuser_RE2hWSV15ibN
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_RE2hWSV15ibN Posted at 4-6 11:34
My drone was an FPV.

I contacted DJI customer service on 03/28/2021, the day after I incurred the loss.  My communication was with via online chate with a customer service representative identified as Dempsey.  I provided the following information:
I'm hopeful DJI will replace my lost FPV.  If not, I would expect a full refund of the Care Refresh premium I paid!
2021-4-6
Use props
djiuser_RE2hWSV15ibN
lvl.1
United States

And yet again, no response from DJI.  I like the DJI products but customer support/service is incredibly lacking!  I would caution anyone considering their products to take into consideration that post purchase you'll be entirely without DJI support.
2021-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules