newbie question
1728 8 2014-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VideON
New

Bosnia and Herzegovina

On my DJI taken videos i can see some moving noise lines over the straight lined objects such as gutter pipes or roof tiling. is there a way to denoise this or  is there an option in software thah came with the camera. Video itself is more than crisp, and colors fair. i'm using Phantom 2 vision+.thank you.

2014-9-19
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

I think you're seeing lens aberration.
Some searching will give you suggestions on how to minimize it...
2014-9-19
Use props
danielpf
New

Switzerland

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-9-20 03:02
I think you're seeing lens aberration.
Some searching will give you suggestions on how to minimize i ...

Lens aberration is not moving!   What VideON reports is a real defect that Ihave also seen.

2014-9-19
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

I'm no photographer/videographer, but on video, wouldn't it appear to be moving?
I'm almost positive I've read about this somewhere in my surfing around...
Your welcome to educate me...
2014-9-19
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like lens abberation for sure, in my opinion. Especially if you seem tm o roof shingles, telephone lines, or any other straight ones in the video. And it does appear to move as the camera slightly changes it's position. There are filters for it, but it's just a fact of life with the P2V+ camer I think.
2014-9-19
Use props
VideON
New

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Thanks for the interest in my problem guys.
Effect of moving lines appears on the thin and straight segments of the video (grills on the church tower, rooftiles and so on) and looks very much like heatwaves over the hot asphalt road  in the summer time.
it happens even if i hold the camera still, but mostly is visible during slight movements.
if there is a filter to reduce this i would like to know.
thank youhere is 15 sec native video 24Mb
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1413061/Untitled.mp4
2014-9-20
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely lens aberration. I don't know of a fix for it. It is just a fact of life when dealing with this type of camera and it's optics. You could try switching to 60 fps in 720, or running tests to see if interlaced acts differently than progressive during rendering. It is my understanding this is caused by the interpolation of the pixels on straight edges. I'd love to know if you find a solution. Keep us posted!
2014-9-23
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

It is called MOIRE, in photography it can be fixed in Lightroom 5 and Photoshop on stills for sure.  I think that there is a filter in Vegas Pro 13 that reduces the Moire effect. I will go and see for sure. I will let you know my findings.
Here is a program that shows how to remove moire. http://www.noiseproofpro.com/

Youtube video:

I'm still looking for filters in Final Cut and Sony Vegas Pro.

2014-9-23
Use props
VideON
New

Bosnia and Herzegovina

thank you guys.
will stick arround here.
2014-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules