What constitutes an RMA DJI?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarrenT
lvl.2

United States

My ongoing ticket, #2020638, yes, the same “network connection error” I’ve been posting about for awhile now.

The reason this is “new and exciting” is because I have exhausted all of your tech supports options:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Apologies for the late response.

We appreciate you sending us an email and letting us know your situation. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

With regards to your concern, actually, we have found the cause of the issue and are working on it. During this period, we are advising you to install or run DJI Assistant 2 software using a computer with Windows 7/8 or Mac. We apologize for all the trouble that you take, even the technician who you contacted with cannot fix it, we will do our best to finish it as soon as possible.

So, to boil this down, I’ve tried to connect to the Assistant 2 for the Matrice on now 4 different computer systems (2 towers, 2 laptops) consisting of 3 different operating systems (Windows 10, 8 and 7) AND I’ve even tried on 2 different high speed connections and the Assistant 2 for the Matrice still won’t connect to my Matrice 210.

It’s not the USB, I’ve ruled that out 2 ways:

1) the Assistant picks up that it’s connected to an M200 series in the initial programs startup (it just won’t connect to check the firmware)

and

2) That USB cable works on literally everything else I try it out on.

So, if there is no “fix” to this connection issue, which I can only assume is the camera and CrystalSky issues I’m having as well, how do I go about getting a full replacement?

My Matrice is barely 3 months old (the problems were reported before the 3 month mark, but have draaaaged passed it) and I have less than 5 actual flight hours with it.

I actually feel ripped off at this point, especially when my business is riding on this drone working....

Please fix it or over night me a new one.

Thank you
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi DarrenT, we are terribly sorry for the difficulties on connecting to DJI Assistant 2 For Matrice, just to verify, did all four computers show  “network connection error”? If yes, could you please provide us with the screenshot of the error message? We will double verify with our engineers, thank you.
2019-3-17
Use props
Mark902
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291260 ft
United States

I do not know exactly the error you are experiencing, but I had a problem connecting to Assistant, and I found that it was a setting on my computer with Windows.  Search for "How to Fix this App has Been Blocked on my Computer."  Here is the link: Hopefully it will work for you.
2019-3-17
Use props
DarrenT
lvl.2

United States

Thank you Mark, that was a side effect of the “network connection error” for me and wasn’t the reason I opened my original ticket. As I said in a previous post, the Admin portion has been taken care of, though there was always a work around to that, but the network connection error is still present and when I’m told by tech support in a copy/paste verbatim (see original post above) to use a Windows 7/8 system and or Mac and that solution still doesn’t work. I’m at a loss, so was the computer tech that spent an hour trying to figure it out as well, seeing as he wasn’t able to, I didn’t get charged thankfully.

@DJI_Mindy

I’ve got the machine all up at the moment, I’ll be posting screenshots of the error as well as system specs with time stamps to show that indeed 4 different systems, same time/day and the same error.

Should be up here in a couple of minutes, but my ticket should also contain most if not all of this info already.
2019-3-17
Use props
DarrenT
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-17 00:43
Hi DarrenT, we are terribly sorry for the difficulties on connecting to DJI Assistant 2 For Matrice, just to verify, did all four computers show  “network connection error”? If yes, could you please provide us with the screenshot of the error message? We will double verify with our engineers, thank you.

Here we go, 15 screenshots in all. 2 from my phone for the CrystalSky being shown connected to my network on my routers end, but the CrystalSky throwing a "failed to check firmware, please check my network"...

I've also tried the DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6 as per tech supports suggestion back on March 8th and have tried Versions 2.0.4 and obviously versions 2.0.6 and 2.0.7.

I've formatted both Tower 1 and Laptop 1 with fresh installs of Windows on both with no luck (just giving information to relay to your techs).

Moreover, I've factory reset my router prior to installing that 1.1.6 version hoping that would help. Again, no luck.

Hopefully something happens fast, there are inspections for a contract coming soon and I seriously can't afford to miss out on them.

Thank you

CrystalSky showing failure to check firmware and to check my network and retry

CrystalSky showing failure to check firmware and to check my network and retry

CrystalSky clearly shown on my network

CrystalSky clearly shown on my network
Laptop 1 system info.JPG
Laptop 1 initial connection.JPG
Laptop 1connection error.JPG
Tower 1 system info.JPG
Tower 1 initial connection.JPG
Tower 1 connection error.JPG

Friends Laptop

Friends Laptop

Friends Laptop

Friends Laptop

Firends Laptop

Firends Laptop
Tower 2 system info.jpg
Tower 2 initial connection.jpg
Tower 2 Network error.jpg

Showing that I've tried not only 2.0.7, but 2.0.6 and 2.0.4

Showing that I've tried not only 2.0.7, but 2.0.6 and 2.0.4
2019-3-17
Use props
DarrenT
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-17 00:43

It dawned on me to try to connect my DJI Spark.
So I downloaded the appropriate DJI Assistant for the Spark and wouldn't you know it, it connected.

Attached are the screenshots showing the connection along with my system specs and time stamp for verification.

I blocked off my FAA registration as well as my email so it wasn't public. I truly wonder what happened to my Matrice.

Spark connection with remote.jpg
Spark connection.JPG
2019-3-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mark902 Posted at 3-17 03:47
I do not know exactly the error you are experiencing, but I had a problem connecting to Assistant, and I found that it was a setting on my computer with Windows.  Search for "How to Fix this App has Been Blocked on my Computer."  Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjf0PxhGU0U Hopefully it will work for you.

Hi Mark902, DarrenT has a different issue. For the problem in the video, we have found the cause and are working on it. During this period, we recommend to install or run DJI Assistant 2 software using a computer with Windows 7/8 or Mac.
In the next two weeks, a new version of DJI Assistant 2 will be released (DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom/Mavic/MG/Matrices will be released in priority) to fix the issue. Appreciate your patience.
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DarrenT Posted at 3-17 15:50
It dawned on me to try to connect my DJI Spark.
So I downloaded the appropriate DJI Assistant for the Spark and wouldn't you know it, it connected.

Thanks for the screenshot and the delays, did you try different network? Ant chance to try to connect the personal Hot Spot in your mobile phone to see if it works?
2019-3-18
Use props
DarrenT
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-18 02:17
Thanks for the screenshot and the delays, did you try different network? Ant chance to try to connect the personal Hot Spot in your mobile phone to see if it works?
About 3 weeks ago I was able to connect to my friends PC at his house on his network. This was when I was getting 2 different errors within my own network though (as stated in the ticket).

The errors were 1) failed to check firmware, please try again (or similar - this was occurring on tower 2) and the second error was the current “network connection error”.

However, shortly after being able to connect to my friends PC, not only was that short lived and I got a “network connection error”, but that’s when that “An administrator has blocked you from using this program” error started:

The Admin error has been fixed as of 2.0.7.

With regards to using a “hotspot” from my cell phone, well no. I have not tried to connect all 4 of those computers and the Matrice to a hotspot on my cell phone...

Though I think that is stretching things at this point considering that the regular DJI Assistant 2 works just fine on my PC on my network, connects to my Spark as it should.
2019-3-18
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

DarrenT Posted at 3-18 02:36
About 3 weeks ago I was able to connect to my friends PC at his house on his network. This was when I was getting 2 different errors within my own network though (as stated in the ticket).

The errors were 1) failed to check firmware, please try again (or similar - this was occurring on tower 2) and the second error was the current “network connection error”.

Have you tried running DJI assistant as an administrator?
2019-3-18
Use props
DarrenT
lvl.2

United States

HyperSpectral Posted at 3-18 04:57
Have you tried running DJI assistant as an administrator?
@HyperSpectral

Oh this is way beyond that. I’ve logged in as the “hidden administrator” to try to get this to connect and no luck. I’ve had a Remote Desktop session with a computer tech who said if he couldn’t fix it, there’d be no charge. Needless to say, that was a free hour and fifteen minutes.

I hope that DJI_Mindy has reviewed the tickets I’ve put in on this because the steps I’ve taken to try to fix this are extensive.

2019-3-18
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
United States

DarrenT Posted at 3-18 07:16
@HyperSpectral

Oh this is way beyond that. I’ve logged in as the “hidden administrator” to try to get this to connect and no luck. I’ve had a Remote Desktop session with a computer tech who said if he couldn’t fix it, there’d be no charge. Needless to say, that was a free hour and fifteen minutes.

Sounds like its broken to me
If we ever get to that point with a DJI product it's going right back where it came from regardless of whether or not we get our money back and we'll never buy a DJI product again. There's a reason I refuse to transition to the M210 or I2. I've operated every DJI product and the M600 and S1000 are the only reasonable products
2019-3-18
Use props
DarrenT
lvl.2

United States

HyperSpectral Posted at 3-18 08:54
Sounds like its broken to me
If we ever get to that point with a DJI product it's going right back where it came from regardless of whether or not we get our money back and we'll never buy a DJI product again. There's a reason I refuse to transition to the M210 or I2. I've operated every DJI product and the M600 and S1000 are the only reasonable products

Actually to my amazement, I tried the whole "hotspot" angle like DJI_Mindy proposed and while neither of my Towers are capable of hooking up to the hotspot, the Laptops are. Which honestly really has me scratching my head, especially after seeing the CrystalSky actively hooked up to my NetGear router, but still throwing the network error.

So, right now my wife is at the cable company grabbing a stock router and seeing if that will solve the problem. I sincerely hope it does so I can chalk this up to a mystery bug between the Assistant 2 for the Matrice and my NetGear router.
Windows 10 Connected Iphone.JPG
Iphone network screenshot windows 7.JPG
Iphone Windows 7 Assistant 2.JPG
2019-3-18
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
United States

DarrenT Posted at 3-18 09:45
Actually to my amazement, I tried the whole "hotspot" angle like DJI_Mindy proposed and while neither of my Towers are capable of hooking up to the hotspot, the Laptops are. Which honestly really has me scratching my head, especially after seeing the CrystalSky actively hooked up to my NetGear router, but still throwing the network error.

So, right now my wife is at the cable company grabbing a stock router and seeing if that will solve the problem. I sincerely hope it does so I can chalk this up to a mystery bug between the Assistant 2 for the Matrice and my NetGear router.

Let us know if it fixes it, that's really strange. It shouldn't matter though, why there's no manual firmware update available is beyond me.
2019-3-18
Use props
DarrenT
lvl.2

United States

HyperSpectral Posted at 3-18 10:25
Let us know if it fixes it, that's really strange. It shouldn't matter though, why there's no manual firmware update available is beyond me.

Well I spoke too soon...

I mean wow, I have no idea here, but here is the screenshot of the new router, my system specs (with the time stamp in the lower right corner) and the Assistant 2 for the Matrice throwing the same error...

I have no idea why this would work over cell towers on an iPhone, but not on a separate "brande new" router.

If it's any consolation, they are saying they know theirs a problem, but a problem with no solution at the moment. Here is an email I got a little while ago.

"Dear Darren,

Our sincere apologies for  all the inconveniences this has caused you, rest assured that our senior  engineers are doing their best to fix this issue.

May  we ask if you have already tried the suggestion of one of our support  on the forum (DJI Mindy, support from our headquarters) to try a  different network like a hotspot on your mobile phone and have a try.  Also, since you mentioned that you've already tried a Windows 7 and  still have the same issue, please try to use a MAC computer if possible.

If  yes and the issue persists, since this is already reported to senior  engineers, in the next two week or less, we will release a new version  of DJI assistant 2 that will resolve this issue. We do not have a Beta  version of the DJI Assistant 2 for you to try because we are currently  fixing the issue and we don't want to give you false/broken software."

I guess my Irish luck is spreading its wings a bit longer than usual this time around...

New Router.JPG
routers.jpg
2019-3-18
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
United States

DarrenT Posted at 3-18 11:04
Well I spoke too soon...

I mean wow, I have no idea here, but here is the screenshot of the new router, my system specs (with the time stamp in the lower right corner) and the Assistant 2 for the Matrice throwing the same error...

How dare you expect some sort of prior software in the mean time! I guess you just have to sit and wait two weeks while DJI it together, again.

See you next month for the next bug!
It's probably some issue with new networking protocols or something, hence why it occurs on your newer router.
2019-3-18
Use props
DarrenT
lvl.2

United States

Well, I found the cause of the issue and it is indeed on DJI's end. Moreover I am 99% sure I know the root of the problem.

DJI_Mindy, let me ask you this real fast, I noticed within the last couple of updates here that DJI has gravitated away from having actual .exe files on their website and moved towards "URL" links. Can I safely assume DJI has moved it's website and storage services to a new host?

Here is why I ask. So I try to once again update my Zenmuse xt and am met with the "URL not found" error that I haven't mentioned yet (was saving that for another day). I look at where the link takes me, I then go back to the update page where 4 links are shown but this time I hover over the link to see what the link path states.

Sure enough it is a different path. I then type in said path into my address bar and am met with a different error, one that says the DNS host could not be found... Not that the URL doesn't exist or isn't found, but the DNS wasn't found. Hhhmm, this got me thinking.

So I hooked up my trusty/not so trusty "hotspot" and laptop. Sure enough, I clicked the URL that was "not found" earlier and download the link just fine. More over, I move onto the z30's update and do the same, once again, just fine.

I'm pretty sure that your hosting services, storage servieces, ISP, etc. has changed recently which in turn to a minute population here in the states is causing trouble, though I am probably being the most vocal, at least on these boards.

How close am I?
website.JPG
new xt firmware.JPG
unknown.JPG
2019-3-19
Use props
DarrenT
lvl.2

United States

Is DJI just hoping I’m going to go away? I’ll go away when my means to make a living gets fixed or replaced so I can make a living for my wife and child.

Not only is this connection error issue an ongoing thing, but upon updating my XT and z30, well the XT is no longer usable (it’s completely dead, no gimbal movement, no picture) and the z30 wanders more than it did before and after initial calibration (startup), it has a downward pitch...

Is there a fix if not what is my RMA number? My M210 is less than 6 months old but greater than 3. I’m well within the warranty period. I’ve danced the DJI dance, enough stalling please.
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DarrenT Posted at 3-21 08:59
Is DJI just hoping I’m going to go away? I’ll go away when my means to make a living gets fixed or replaced so I can make a living for my wife and child.

Not only is this connection error issue an ongoing thing, but upon updating my XT and z30, well the XT is no longer usable (it’s completely dead, no gimbal movement, no picture) and the z30 wanders more than it did before and after initial calibration (startup), it has a downward pitch...

Sorry to know the issue persists, I will verify with our engineers to see if there is better suggestion and come back to you soon.
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi DarrenT, we have updated the server, could you please try again to see if the issue persists? If yes, please export the logs to us for further analysis.
Log path for Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\log
2019-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules