Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi All,
Do somebody know how to change units of distance flown in my profile? Some time ago it starte to show up in ft but I want it in meters. Didn't find such setting anywhere in settings or profile.

Thanks,

David
2019-3-17
Use props
integer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

Hi! unfortunately you can not change it
2019-3-17
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

took a poll on the issue and poll showed that metric was preferred, we were told that DJI was to look into it however nothing has been done so far. I also would appreciate it to be metric.
2019-3-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day David. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I am sorry to say that we are not able to change the Forum Profile Flight Distance from feet ro meters. In addition the Forum Operation decided to change the flight distance into the imperial unit from metrics. We do appreciate your understanding. Thank you.
2019-3-17
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-17 10:08
Hello and good day David. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I am sorry to say that we are not able to change the Forum Profile Flight Distance from feet ro meters. In addition the Forum Operation decided to change the flight distance into the imperial unit from metrics. We do appreciate your understanding. Thank you.

DJI Stephen, I was told by one of your administrators that he would bring it up to your teckies to see what could be done, are you telling us now that they have made up their minds and will stick to imperial measures? Yet when a poll was taken on this issue the majority wished to have metric measurements.
2019-3-18
Use props
JHollimanPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82802 ft
United States

I do agree that it's odd to only use Feet as the standard metric and given how far some people fly, the number size is a bit ridiculous.
2019-3-18
Use props
Droningalex (Alex B.)
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Metric please!

Fly safely all
Droningalex aka Alex B
2019-3-18
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

But this was changed probably recently as before I had it in meters. I would also prefer metric units.
2019-3-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

DH_Pilot Posted at 3-18 07:23
But this was changed probably recently as before I had it in meters. I would also prefer metric units.

you're not the only one that wants metric, however it looks like they have made up their minds on that issue.
2019-3-22
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

Picanoc Jack Posted at 3-22 06:46
you're not the only one that wants metric, however it looks like they have made up their minds on that issue.

This is really shame that there is no possibility to configure it in profile
2019-3-22
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

The least DJI could have done is given us a choice
2019-3-22
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

The least DJI could have done is given us a choice
2019-3-22
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

DH_Pilot Posted at 3-22 07:52
This is really shame that there is no possibility to configure it in profile

what the members should do is everyone who wishes to have DJI change from imperial to metric  at least demand a choice, that way those who prefer imperial or metric would be satisfied, I mean what if all of a sudden they don't really like your whole avatar and decide to change it?  That is basically what they have done to your profile which to me is unfair, DJI has disappointed me in their decision making imperial flight distance to imperial without the members input.
2019-3-23
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

+1 for feet, +2 if you enabled a choice in user profile (cause most of us are just tired of hearing about it), +5 for not being pressured by triggered users who are making a mountain out of a molehill.
2019-3-23
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

Paul_IA Posted at 3-23 04:24
+1 for feet, +2 if you enabled a choice in user profile (cause most of us are just tired of hearing about it), +5 for not being pressured by triggered users who are making a mountain out of a molehill.

my issue is that I really don't appreciate someone else making decisions for me Paul,  simple as that!
2019-3-24
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 3-24 04:27
my issue is that I really don't appreciate someone else making decisions for me Paul,  simple as that!

You're in for a rough life then mate. Good luck with that.
2019-3-24
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

Paul_IA Posted at 3-24 10:57
You're in for a rough life then mate. Good luck with that.

I'm 71 years old, believe me I know all about rough.
2019-3-24
Use props
_danilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275646 ft
Serbia

Lets revive this thread a bit, shell we   Maybe there will be someone who calls the shoots out there who is also willing to listen for the user requests.

@DJI Stephen, at least tell us the reasoning behind the decision to nail this setting down to imperial units? Is there some bigger picture that we don't see?

A doubt that it's a technical issue since it's interpretation of the number on the front end, doesn't matter how it is stored in data base.

Regards!
2019-8-30
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine shows in feet, but if I go into settings in my profile it shows as metres. I can’t set it though.
2019-8-31
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Mullheliflier Posted at 8-31 01:04
Mine shows in feet, but if I go into settings in my profile it shows as metres. I can’t set it though.

You are right, that is interesting.
2019-8-31
Use props
_danilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275646 ft
Serbia

jyc Posted at 8-31 02:55
You are right, that is interesting.

Hmmm...the difference between the value previewed in mentioned section and the value inside DJI GO 4 app is 1m ATM which indicates that they might be storing values in feet (commonly used in aerial activities) and convert it the before preview...thus this variation in rounding result in meters. So they just have reason for not letting us to choose, maybe development cost and/or technical limitations for that feature.
2019-8-31
Use props
Un4Seen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1074646 ft
Romania

Metric "Flight distance" in my forum profile, please. Meters or preferably kilometers. The official unit system of the world is metric. Imperial is wide-spread but not official and not scientific.
2020-1-20
Use props
mascot4m
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50089 ft
United States

I'm also for choice in a profile.
2022-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules