Finalised my Osmo Pocket Accessories
1716 18 2019-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I received my Freewell ND1000 filter today which rounds out (in my opinion) the accessories needed for  OP (apart from perhaps a stereo audio adapter). I haven't used the ND1000 filter yet, but am keen to give it a try with both timelapse and photographs.

IMG_5242.jpg
2019-3-17
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Cool! Thanks for sharing.
2019-3-18
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Awesome! Thanks for sharing
2019-3-18
Use props
disappointed236
New

United States

This is the post that has made me decide to sell my Osmo Pocket. I have been on the fence all weekend about it because of all the issues I have with it (lack of live streaming,  3 second interval in video timelapse, terrible autofocus etc) and then post reminded me of how much I hate the fact that I had to buy accessories to mount it on a tripod. In 2019 and camera that can't be mounted to a tripod is just idiotic. Even though I bought cheap tripod mounts and DJI didn't get any more of my money than absolutely necessary it's still super annoying. So I will return it to Amazon and wait to see if they fix all these issues with the Pocket 2.
2019-3-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job, thanks for showing this.
2019-3-18
Use props
Tide
First Officer
United States

What is the accessory that is attached to hex pole?
183420u3phwyhpr6lchcfc-01.jpeg
2019-3-18
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

disappointed236 Posted at 3-18 05:35
This is the post that has made me decide to sell my Osmo Pocket. I have been on the fence all weekend about it because of all the issues I have with it (lack of live streaming,  3 second interval in video timelapse, terrible autofocus etc) and then post reminded me of how much I hate the fact that I had to buy accessories to mount it on a tripod. In 2019 and camera that can't be mounted to a tripod is just idiotic. Even though I bought cheap tripod mounts and DJI didn't get any more of my money than absolutely necessary it's still super annoying. So I will return it to Amazon and wait to see if they fix all these issues with the Pocket 2.

Sad seeing you return the OP... But I think your reason is justified in a sense. The min 3s time during timelapse destroys so much potential this device had, and the audio and its autofocus needs a lot of rework.

In the other hand, I think not many people need accessory as much as this.
I used OP quite regularly without any additional accessory, and quite please about the result.  Yes, I rant quite a bit in this forum about the price and accessory availability (and bad design), but it doesn't make me a leaver. In fact, I still love my OP even with their limitation.

To be honest, I'm not a profesional, so I don't intend to make my videos and pics as perfect as it can be. But again, if you're profesional user, I think you already resort to a much "pro" cameras and lenses.
2019-3-18
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Tide Posted at 3-18 05:51
What is the accessory that is attached to hex pole?

It comes with the hex pole and holds a proprietary GoPro remote trigger.
2019-3-18
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

disappointed236 Posted at 3-18 05:35
This is the post that has made me decide to sell my Osmo Pocket. I have been on the fence all weekend about it because of all the issues I have with it (lack of live streaming,  3 second interval in video timelapse, terrible autofocus etc) and then post reminded me of how much I hate the fact that I had to buy accessories to mount it on a tripod. In 2019 and camera that can't be mounted to a tripod is just idiotic. Even though I bought cheap tripod mounts and DJI didn't get any more of my money than absolutely necessary it's still super annoying. So I will return it to Amazon and wait to see if they fix all these issues with the Pocket 2.

OP definitely has a number of flaws, the 3 seconds time-lapse interval probably the worst IMO, but I still love it. Osmo Pocket is unique, discrete and fun to use.
2019-3-18
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

StardustGeass Posted at 3-18 07:53
Sad seeing you return the OP... But I think your reason is justified in a sense. The min 3s time during timelapse destroys so much potential this device had, and the audio and its autofocus needs a lot of rework.

In the other hand, I think not many people need accessory as much as this.

I'm pretty sure that DJI will be able to reduce the 2s video-only time-lapse interval via a firmware update, but unfortunately I think we are stuck with the 3s interval if we also want the individual images. It's a shame, but a limitation I have accepted given OPs other functionality.
2019-3-18
Use props
Fred Martin
lvl.2
United States

what usb c extension cable did you get? I bought one from Amazon and it won't work.
2019-3-18
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Fred Martin Posted at 3-18 15:58
what usb c extension cable did you get? I bought one from Amazon and it won't work.

I purchased mine via eBay. When I first plugged it in it didn't connect, so I removed it from the wifi base and reversed the orientation (female end) and it started working. Sounds weird but maybe give a try with yours.

The eBay link is:

https://goo.gl/fJpbEv

Good luck
2019-3-18
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

Hi there,
Thanks a lot for your detailed posts.
I am a beginner in the Osmo Pocket field and I hope that you'll be able to assist me with the following questions:
1.Do you keep the UV filter always on OP? The device can be powered-on/off without any problem? It doesn't deteriorare in any way the image compared to the image without the filter?
2.What for you use the ND1000 filter ? An ND 64 won't be enough?  Can you post some samples with this filter?
3.What are your top3 most used filters?  
4.How do you connect the USB-C extension cable and for what purpose?
Thanks in advance
DJD
2019-3-19
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJDream Posted at 3-19 04:05
Hi there,
I am a beginner in the Osmo Pocket field and I hope that you'll be able to assist me with the following questions:

Hi DJD,

1. I keep the UV filter on the OP whenever I am not using another filter, sort of like a lens protection
2. I haven't yet used the ND1000, but will post a photo/video when I have. The main reason I purchased it is for long exposure photos (smoothing flowing water etc), or to try to get as close as possible to the 360 rule when taking time lapse i.e. 2 second interval, 1 second exposure .. should create a really flowing time lapse
3. At this stage, I would have to say the ND32, ND32PL and the ND64 but that may change from season to season.
4. The USB extension cable connects between the Wifi Cradle and the OP allowing it to be used while on a tripod with the DJI Action Mount

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any more questions. Good luck

Cheers, Steve
2019-3-19
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

Thank you Steve,
I appreciate your fast and detailed reply.
You mention on the (2) point the option of a 2 seconds interval time-lapse. I can find only a 3 seconds option. How do you choose only a 2 seconds interval?
Two more additional question :
5.It is possible to 'lock" on a specific object and auto-track it while the OP is not on a "selfie" mode? I am not able to run it at 4K@60fps.
6.Related to AFS and AFC - which modes from the two do you use on your time-laps?

Thanks again,
Cheers,
DJD
2019-3-19
Use props
Tide
First Officer
United States

DJDream Posted at 3-19 04:05
Hi there,

Hope it helps some of your question about ND filter

https://forum.dji.com/thread-180888-1-1.html
2019-3-19
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

Tide Posted at 3-19 08:01

Thank you, very interesting link related to the OP filters.
2019-3-19
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJDream Posted at 3-19 04:43
Thank you Steve,
I appreciate your fast and detailed reply.
You mention on the (2) point the option of a 2 seconds interval time-lapse. I can find only a 3 seconds option. How do you choose only a 2 seconds interval?

Hi DJD,

You can only select a 2 second interval if you turn off saving of individual image files. Not ideal but the only way to get a slightly shorter interval. To enable 2 second interval in time lapse pull down the settings menu (swipe down from top of OP, scroll to the third option (which will show a rectangle with mountains inside a square), tap the OP screen and the display will change to a square with mountains inside. You will now be able to select a 2 second interval in the time lapse settings. Note however, that when this is on you will only get the time lapse video saved, no individual images.

5. Double tap on the desired object on screen and it will engage tracking mode. For some reason tracking is only available up to 4K@50fps

6. Depends on what I am trying to do. If I want to keep a stationary subject in focus during the time lapse - AFS, otherwise AFC.

Have fun with your OP!

Cheers, Steve
2019-3-19
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Tide Posted at 3-19 08:01

Thanks for the link. Interesting thread!
2019-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules