1631 17 2019-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
misterexe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72992 ft
  • >>>
Romania

HelloMy Mavic2 Pro does terrible photos.
If i zoom in on any photo, all the straight lines are like stairs, and everything looks.
I will attach a photo to understand, Don t mind the awfull peisage just look at the line, on buildings it can be seen the best.
I reset the drone, i reset all the settings, i change everything i could and is the same.
Any other opinions?

untitled.png
2019-3-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s very simple to straighten this in post .
2019-3-18
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I have looked at your image and suggest you send a link to the original. The image you supplied is at a particularly small size and it isn't helping diagnosis. The actual image will be too large to upload on the forum.
Even your red ellipses show the low res steps.
What I don't understand is why the image is not pixelated to explain the steps in lines.
2019-3-18
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Guernsey

I have tried to reproduce this stepping effect and the only way that comes close is to work with a screen shot and then crop it.

I am not suggesting you did this, but it is the only way that sheds light on the effect. Even so, you still need to zoom in further to see it.
2019-3-18
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-3-18
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

look like tiles and a corrugated roof to me
2019-3-18
Use props
misterexe
lvl.2
  • >>>
Romania

I have made another photo from inside my house and I am attaching the link with the RAW photo. Just look at it and see the straight lines and zoom in. What is wrong with it?
https://we.tl/t-2uk09wDptH
2019-3-18
Use props
misterexe
lvl.2
  • >>>
Romania

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-18 04:19
I have looked at your image and suggest you send a link to the original. The image you supplied is at a particularly small size and it isn't helping diagnosis. The actual image will be too large to upload on the forum.
Even your red ellipses show the low res steps.
What I don't understand is why the image is not pixelated to explain the steps in lines.

I have uploaded another photo from inside my house because I deleted that photo.
Look at it it is a RAW photo. It is also terrible and I don t know what do I do wrong
2019-3-18
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Guernsey

misterexe Posted at 3-18 10:44
I have uploaded another photo from inside my house because I deleted that photo.
Look at it it is a RAW photo. It is also terrible and I don t know what do I do wrong

I have looked again at the original image (OP) and after a lot of thought and close examination, it is due to low resolution. The RAW was a different image and doesn't show the problem.
This link explains the effect, but I doubt you will understand it until you research pixels and what they are, resolution of digital images, the importance of matching pixels in a photo with pixels in a display (monitor) and much more.
Check your camera settings for the highest resolution, work in RAW and save as JPG in the highest resolution that matches the camera setting. That would be a start.
The lens distortion is made worse by no in-camera correction. It can be corrected in advanced editing software. The wider the lens angle, the worse the problem is, if it isn't corrected.
2019-3-19
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Guernsey

Brett Brandon Posted at 3-18 07:34
Is the pic from the mobile device or from the chip in the drone.
The far left circle is showing the edge of a tile roof which I believe is supposed to look like that. The circle on the far right is showing tiles on the top of the wall, again normal I think.

Look at the white vertical of the air conditioner and the shadow of the square structure. These also have the steps and shouldn't have any.
I projected vertical lines on the steps and they coincide along the line. This points squarely, pun intended, to square pixels, not tiles.
This is a low res image.

By the way, someone with expert knowledge has confirmed the problem. see this link. https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62448668

2019-3-19
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Guernsey

raven swe Posted at 3-18 08:09
look like tiles and a corrugated roof to me

See my reply in #10 below.
2019-3-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

How much are you zooming in (aka magnification)?  As in 200%, 400%, ...
2019-3-19
Use props
misterexe
lvl.2
  • >>>
Romania

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-19 06:46
How much are you zooming in (aka magnification)?  As in 200%, 400%, ...

no zoom...and the image is identical wheter is jpg or png.
2019-3-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

misterexe Posted at 3-19 08:30
no zoom...and the image is identical wheter is jpg or png.

You need to set your drone to where it is taking pictures in RAW format.  Get RAW format stored pictures from off microSD card inside drone.  Both jpg and png formatted pictures are compressed loss data types.  That result in lower quality pictures than those of RAW format or even TIF format.

Only way to post Full quality pictures here is to upload pictures to a server that provides Sharing links, then post picture via that link.  If you upload a picture to DJI Forum server, picture's file has to be reduced to less than 2MBs.  Which results in compression with loss of quality.

2019-3-19
Use props
misterexe
lvl.2
  • >>>
Romania

I have managed to fix some for now. For everyone having this issue the solutions in here were uselees. I found out that they have a camera sensor issue on the latest firmware. I downgraded it from the dji app on the laptop and with this version the JPG looks perfect now but the PNG is still pixelated at the same photo jpg+png no matter from where i take the photo is the same wether is from the card or from the app. I will attach the photo so you can compare. I have the next firmware will fix it.
https://wetransfer.com/downloads ... PrjlZHy1XytsOEXuB88
2019-3-19
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

those are probably snaps of the real photo saved on your memory card. ar you getting those from your smartphone?
2019-3-19
Use props
misterexe
lvl.2
  • >>>
Romania

El Diabolico Posted at 3-19 23:54
those are probably snaps of the real photo saved on your memory card. ar you getting those from your smartphone?

How can they be from my phone. They both have 40MB and they are from the microsd card in the drone.
Aniway this has no importance at all, when the camera firmware is bad it just don t matter were you got the photos from and what type are they..they are just pixelated
2019-3-20
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

misterexe Posted at 3-20 05:59
How can they be from my phone. They both have 40MB and they are from the microsd card in the drone.
Aniway this has no importance at all, when the camera firmware is bad it just don t matter were you got the photos from and what type are they..they are just pixelated

I am not saying that they actually are from your phone, I am saying that they look like they were taken from the cache on your phone. There are many threads about individuals complaining about pixelated photos and as it ended up, they weren't downloading the actual photo but a preview of it.

Obviously if you are downloading from the internal memory of the Mavic or your sd card and you are getting a pixelated image you should open a ticket immediately with DJI. This is not related to any FW updates, my RAW files don't look pixelated at all.
2019-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules