2532 18 2019-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 758766 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi does anyone knows if this gold priced adapter gives stereo or mono recording?

2019-3-18
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

For stereo you need a 10x priced gold/diamonds/crown jewels plated DJI adapter ...
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Rek. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The output will depend on the microphone you will be using on the 3.5mm mic adapter. If the external microphone is mono recorded, then the recorded or output  audio is mono. And if the external microphone is a two-channel stereo mic, then the recorded or output audio will be a two-channel stereo. Thank you.
2019-3-18
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Hmmm, why people tried stereo mics got only mono sound? Beginners with bad ears?
2019-3-18
Use props
Rek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 758766 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-18 09:46
Hello and good day Rek. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The output will depend on the microphone you will be using on the 3.5mm mic adapter. If the external microphone is mono recorded, then the recorded or output  audio is mono. And if the external microphone is a two-channel stereo mic, then the recorded or output audio will be a two-channel stereo. Thank you.

Thanks for your reply!
2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Rek Posted at 3-19 00:55
Thanks for your reply!

You are very much welcome Rek. If you have any other inquiries or concern with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2019-3-19
Use props
markr041
lvl.3
United States

Hello and good day Rek. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The output will depend on the microphone you will be using on the 3.5mm mic adapter. If the external microphone is mono recorded, then the recorded or output  audio is mono. And if the external microphone is a two-channel stereo mic, then the recorded or output audio will be a two-channel stereo. Thank you.

This simply untrue. The adapter does not allow the recording of a true stereo signal from any stereo mic. Yes, it will record from both mics, but the result is mono - no separation whatsoever of the two channels.
2019-3-19
Use props
David_Harry
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Stephen.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-3-19
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Anyone tried to connect an outside source of stereo audio to the  OP audio adapter? (say a radio, or play a song from a mobile phone, or cd player)

If it works, I am thinking of a Bluetooth transmitter/ receiver, so can works as a wireless microphone .... ( the transmitter with a microphone, and receiver, for e.g. a Nokia BH-111 connect to the OP audio adapter with a 3.5mm TRS cable.)
2019-3-21
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

This is  1001st disappointing try ...        but dont give up - perhaps 9.999th try!
2019-3-21
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

Oh-no Posted at 3-21 11:53
Anyone tried to connect an outside source of stereo audio to the  OP audio adapter? (say a radio, or play a song from a mobile phone, or cd player)

If it works, I am thinking of a Bluetooth transmitter/ receiver, so can works as a wireless microphone .... ( the transmitter with a microphone, and receiver, for e.g. a Nokia BH-111 connect to the OP audio adapter with a 3.5mm TRS cable.)

I'm using my Boya transmitter / receiver with my OP and it works great  (in mono)
You will need to find the correct volume settings (in my case Boya's TX and RX on 25)
2019-3-21
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

BeterBan Posted at 3-21 12:21
This is  1001st disappointing try ...   [view_image]   [view_image]  but dont give up - perhaps 9.999th try!

Yeah ..... DJI should test the mic adapter 9,999th times before launch ... not us ....
2019-3-21
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

NoëI Posted at 3-21 12:30
I'm using my Boya transmitter / receiver with my OP and it works great  (in mono)
You will need to find the correct volume settings (in my case Boya's TX and RX on 25)

Oh ... still mono ...... SAD.....
2019-3-21
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

I only have mono microphones and I don't really care if it's stereo or not.
2019-3-21
Use props
nianeko3
lvl.4
Japan

If use stereo mic, the sound may be noise reducing mono.
2019-3-21
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

nianeko3 Posted at 3-21 15:54
If use stereo mic, the sound may be noise reducing mono.

I read someone here days ago, that the OP built in mics serve as noise cancelling, so is it the case that OP itself is mono?
2019-3-21
Use props
T is for Tech
lvl.1
United States

I'm not totally sure because I'm using a mono lavalier microphone.

It does show a L and R channel in Premiere.

2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

David_Harry Posted at 3-19 16:57
Hi Stephen.

Thank you for clearing that up.

You are very much welcome Dave. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-3-23
Use props
nianeko3
lvl.4
Japan

Compare Stereo & Mono external mic on Osmo Pocket

2019-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules