Track Me from the front
3757 5 2019-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Curious George!
lvl.1
United States

Hey Ya'll,

Ok, 2nd day with my new Mavic Air and I was wondering what Track mode I need to be in to have my Air stay in front of me and not go to the side and end up following me? I want to have it take video in front of me while flying backwards.
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. About that, Active track should be on Trace mode, then the backward flying should be enabled. Under the Visual Navigation Setting, and the Aircraft should be facing on you. See the screenshot below. Best regards!
2019-3-18
Use props
Curious George!
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-18 16:47
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. About that, Active track should be on Trace mode, then the backward flying should be enabled. Under the Visual Navigation Setting, and the Aircraft should be facing on you. See the screenshot below. Best regards!
[view_image]

Thank you for your reply, I do have the Enable Backward Flying turned on but not sure if I have it in Trace Mode. I can't check that without my Mavic actually hovering right?
2019-3-18
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Curious George! Posted at 3-18 17:49
Thank you for your reply, I do have the Enable Backward Flying turned on but not sure if I have it in Trace Mode. I can't check that without my Mavic actually hovering right?

That is correct. If memory serves me right it has to be a certain height and distance from you. .
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Curious George! Posted at 3-18 17:49
Thank you for your reply, I do have the Enable Backward Flying turned on but not sure if I have it in Trace Mode. I can't check that without my Mavic actually hovering right?

Ok. Perfect! Trace Mode is one of the Modes of the Active track and Yes the Aircraft must be hovering. Best regards!
2019-3-19
Use props
Curious George!
lvl.1
United States

OK... I do have Backward Flying turned on and I was in Trace Mode. I played around with the Palm Control mode today and found that Trace mode only works when the Drone is directly in front of you and you are walking in a straight line. If you change course the drone will drift off to one side and maintain the same distance as you pass it. Once you pass 90 degrees it will begin to fall in behind you and follow you. Is there any way that it will stay directly in front of you as you turn corners? I would think that a simple Face Recognition feature would re position it and keep the drone centered on your face. Hopefully they will add this to the flight control portion of the firm wear soon. If it already exists than I would love to know how it works.  
2019-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules