12Next >
17819 67 2019-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

Hi,

Is there no way to import 4K60 footage to an IOS device? I've tried using an SD card reader via lightning port and both my iPhone XS Max and 2017 10.5" iPad Pro and both would give me red exclamation marks. Also tried a wifi hard drive hub with the same result.

Seems like a waste to be able to shoot 4K/60 and no way to edit them as I only use my IOS devices for editing. This is not a problem for my other action camera which shall not be named in this place .

2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, DJI Mimo can download 4K videos to an iPhone’s photo albums. However, as iPhone series’ albums will check a video’s resolution, frame rate, bit rate, and format when users are saving the video to the album when 4K 60fps+H.264 +high bit rate videos are downloaded, iPhone will reject the video. As a result, Osmo Pocket cancels the option of saving 4K 60fps videos to an iPhone.
At present, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS MAX support 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps video downloading. The next app version will add support for iPhone 8 Plus to download 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps videos. Best regards!

2019-3-19
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

Thank you. This is disappointing as I need to shoot in 60fps to be able to slow footage down without it looking like a slideshow in 4K.
2019-3-19
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

tripleburst Posted at 3-19 09:29
Thank you. This is disappointing as I need to shoot in 60fps to be able to slow footage down without it looking like a slideshow in 4K.

You can transfer the 4K60 footage from the card into remote storage and then into an iOS device for editing using  LumaFusion.  LumaFusion gives you a lot of options for importing footage in for editing and in my opinion it is currently the best editor available for iOS.  A steal at $20 and handles 4k very well.

2019-3-19
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 3-19 10:01
You can transfer the 4K60 footage from the card into remote storage and then into an iOS device for editing using  LumaFusion.  LumaFusion gives you a lot of options for importing footage in for editing and in my opinion it is currently the best editor available for iOS.  A steal at $20 and handles 4k very well.

I do have Lumafusion. Which of the remote storage options is best? Dropbox? I know Google Photos downgrades video to 1080p for the free unlimited storage.

I really just have this aversion of doing it this way as you obviously have to add a step to upload them first (4K files aren't exactly small) to the service and then have to download them to the device.  Not exactly an ideal workflow situation.  We do what we can I suppose.
2019-3-19
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tripleburst Posted at 3-19 10:26
I do have Lumafusion. Which of the remote storage options is best? Dropbox? I know Google Photos downgrades video to 1080p for the free unlimited storage.

I really just have this aversion of doing it this way as you obviously have to add a step to upload them first (4K files aren't exactly small) to the service and then have to download them to the device.  Not exactly an ideal workflow situation.  We do what we can I suppose.

For 4K30 I just download to my iPhone Xs Max while OP is attached and then I use AirDrop to get the file into my iPad Pro for use with LumaFusion.

For 4K60 files I put the SD card into a MyPassport Wireless HD which will work directly with LumaFusion via wifi or I put the SD card into my MacBook Pro and AirDrop the file to the iPadPro for LumaFusion or I move the file to my QNAP NAS and can access the file from there with LumaFusion.

For travel I have a Kingston MobileLite Wireless G3 (Amazon $25 US) which is a mobile router that also has a USB 2 port and a SD card slot for storage so I can connect to it with my iPad Pro and then download files from LumaFusion.

I had ordered the ADAM Elements iKlips miReader 4K microSD Card Reader from DJI when I ordered my OP audio adapter but I have not received it yet (due in later this week).  I will let you know how/if that really works with transferring 4K60 files to the iPad Pro when I get it.

Lots of options.

Bob
2019-3-19
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

I no longer use dropbox.  You can use a wifi hub.  I use a filehub from Ravpower.  The model I use comes with a built in external battery.  https://www.amazon.com/RAVPower- ... id=pla-644532769386  I insert the sd card and via an app, I am able to transfer 4k files and literally any type of file to my phone.   You can also connect an external hard drive and transfer your sd files to the external had drive using the same app.  The sky is the limit with this little gadget.  You can also stream videos directly from the sd card or hard drive and your kids can connect their ipads via their wifi for those long trips.  You don't need a home wifi etc.  Basically, it works as a hotspot for its own wifi.  I use the app File Browser.  
2019-3-19
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

I'm going to look into getting the WD Wireless HD. Thanks!

Edit:
@Joemar7 I have the RavPower hub you mentioned. 4K60 files are a no go. I get the exclamation marks.

2019-3-19
Use props
KemalB
lvl.2
Turkey

tripleburst Posted at 3-19 12:58

Edit:

I also use Ravpower and it works like a charm... and cheaper than WD solution.
2019-3-19
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

KemalB Posted at 3-19 13:34

Are you transferring 4K 60fps files? This is the only footage I'm having trouble with everything else is fine.
2019-3-19
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

Edit:

Thanks for the heads up. I was about to purchase it.
2019-3-19
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Edit:

That’s strange.  What app are you using?  I use FileBrowser and it works flawlessly.  4K 60p. I import the file to filebrowser then in LumaFusion I select the import folder and there it is.  No issues for me.  
2019-3-19
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 3-19 14:13
That’s strange.  What app are you using?  I use FileBrowser and it works flawlessly.  4K 60p. I import the file to filebrowser then in LumaFusion I select the import folder and there it is.  No issues for me.

Filehub Plus
2019-3-19
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Try FileBrowser.  The app itself is worth it for other uses too.
2019-3-19
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 3-19 14:17
Try FileBrowser.  The app itself is worth it for other uses too.

I use FileBrowser as well.
2019-3-19
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

FileBrowser? The icon looks like a folder with "FB" on it?
2019-3-19
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tripleburst Posted at 3-19 14:23
FileBrowser? The icon looks like a folder with "FB" on it?

Yes that one.  
2019-3-19
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

FB doesn’t work. I get a “File transfer terminated unexpectedly” message and then another on that says “Failed to copy item. The operation couldn’t be completed (Cocoa error -1.)
Tried files of varying sizes, nope nada. I can watch the footage fine through the app but copying is no bueno.
Out 6 bucks but the app isn’t entirely useless.
Edit: Actually playing back the 4k clips aren’t fine. It buffers like crazy.

WD Wireless it is.

2019-3-19
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tripleburst Posted at 3-19 17:50
FB doesn’t work. I get a “File transfer terminated unexpectedly” message and then another on that says “Failed to copy item. The operation couldn’t be completed (Cocoa error -1.)
Tried files of varying sizes, nope nada. I can watch the footage fine through the app but copying is no bueno.
Out 6 bucks but the app isn’t entirely useless.

Don't get the older My Passport Wireless. You need the My Passport Wireless Pro as that is the one that LumaTouch worked with WD on making compatible.
2019-3-19
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 3-19 18:45
Don't get the older My Passport Wireless. You need the My Passport Wireless Pro as that is the one that LumaTouch worked with WD on making compatible.

Yup thanks. Doesn’t need to be the SSD version though correct?
2019-3-19
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tripleburst Posted at 3-19 19:36

No it does not need to be the SSD version.
2019-3-19
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tripleburst Posted at 3-19 19:36

No, HD and SSD versions are both supported.  
2019-3-19
Use props
Ern
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I have been using a dodocool Lightning Cable
It takes a Micro SD card and the app allows you to import to your chosen application - In my case Pinnacle pro
You need to use the Dodocool app KisDisk to copy the files and then the sharesheet to sent them to Pinnacle pro
It will not allow you to save to photo album directly
I see availability of this seems to be patchy but there appear to be others that seem to have the same function
And it was very cheap and easy to carry compared to a WD/Ravpower
It also can charge the phone and use is as a usb drive on a computer

2019-3-20
Use props
XPF
New
Flight distance : 10709 ft
United Kingdom

I have a 2018 11" ipad pro with Lumafusion and it doesnt allow me to transfer Osmo pocket 4k footage at ANY fps. I keep reading people saying 4k/30 works but I cant get it to. Just spent 4 days in prague shooting 4k/24 to get home and realise I cant even transfer it to my new ipad to edit. Seriously frustrating!
2019-3-20
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

XPF Posted at 3-20 04:36
I have a 2018 11" ipad pro with Lumafusion and it doesnt allow me to transfer Osmo pocket 4k footage at ANY fps. I keep reading people saying 4k/30 works but I cant get it to. Just spent 4 days in prague shooting 4k/24 to get home and realise I cant even transfer it to my new ipad to edit. Seriously frustrating!

How are you trying to transfer? Did you try using an SD Card Lightning Adapter?
2019-3-20
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

Hey guys, can someone confirm if RavPower+FileHub is actually able to transfer 4K/60fps files to an iPad Pro 11?  I tried reading the thread but the specs talk got me a bit lost. Thanks!
2019-3-20
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AmaDee Posted at 3-20 13:06
Hey guys, can someone confirm if RavPower+FileHub is actually able to transfer 4K/60fps files to an iPad Pro 11?  I tried reading the thread but the specs talk got me a bit lost. Thanks!

It works for me on a iPhone 8 Plus.   4K 60p.  I don’t have an iPad Pro to try.  
2019-3-20
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 3-20 15:16
It works for me on a iPhone 8 Plus.   4K 60p.  I don’t have an iPad Pro to try.

Thanks! Ordered the ravpower and should receive it by Friday. Can’t wait to test it out.
2019-3-20
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

AmaDee Posted at 3-20 19:41
Thanks! Ordered the ravpower and should receive it by Friday. Can’t wait to test it out.

Let us know if it works. I have the Ipad Pro 10.5" and have had no luck getting 4K 60 fps files transferred via the Ravpower hub either through Filehub plus or FileBrowser.
2019-3-21
Use props
Ern
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Ok Just tried the ravpower RP-WD03 version I have had for a while now
It did transfer 4k footage to my Pinnacle pro edit package on my iPhone 7 and iPad using the ravpower fileplus hub app
Only 1 file at a time and you had to use the share function - would take a while to transfer a lot of files
Download to photos failed
FileBowser also worked the same way
2019-3-21
Use props
JustinCase
lvl.1
Norway

I am using thr iKlip SD card reader sold by DJI, works for me. It does do some sort of conversion of the file but I am unable to figure out if the file that ends up in my album is in fact 4K/60. However, it looks good....
2019-3-21
Use props
JustinCase
lvl.1
Norway

I am using thr iKlip SD card reader sold by DJI, works for me. It does do some sort of conversion of the file but I am unable to figure out if the file that ends up in my album is in fact 4K/60. However, it looks good....
2019-3-21
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

JustinCase Posted at 3-21 08:14

I was looking into the iklip and purchased it right as I got the notification Fromm DJI that it’s back in stock but realized that it’s not compatible with iPad Pro usb C.
2019-3-21
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

Ern Posted at 3-21 06:53
Ok Just tried the ravpower RP-WD03 version I have had for a while now
It did transfer 4k footage to my Pinnacle pro edit package on my iPhone 7 and iPad using the ravpower fileplus hub app
Only 1 file at a time and you had to use the share function - would take a while to transfer a lot of files

Hey Ern, does ravpower store the files in FileHub? Are you able to transfer files between FileHub to another app like dropbox or iOS Files folder?
2019-3-21
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 3-20 15:16
It works for me on a iPhone 8 Plus.   4K 60p.  I don’t have an iPad Pro to try.

You seem to be the only one with any success transferring it using the RavPower. Just to be clear, your 4K60 footage is coming from the Osmo Pocket camera right? I don't see the icon in your profile.
2019-3-21
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

KemalB Posted at 3-19 13:34

OK you're the other person beside Joemar that has success with the RAVPower. You were able to transfer 4K 60fps footage to your IOS device? What's your IOS device? What app did you use?
2019-3-21
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

tripleburst Posted at 3-21 08:51
You seem to be the only one with any success transferring it using the RavPower. Just to be clear, your 4K60 footage is coming from the Osmo Pocket camera right? I don't see the icon in your profile.

Valid question.  Answer is yes.  The footage is from my Osmo Pocket.  I put the micro sd card onto a regular micro sd reader and I insert it to the filehub.  I'm not using nothing complicated.  Once my phone is connected to the ravpower, I simply read the contents out of the filehub/sd card.  Then I copy the file or files to a phone folder within the FileBrowser.  I am not importing the file to the iphones photo gallery.  It is a separate folder I created in FileBrowser.  I can play the file from there, or I open Lumafusion and import the file by going to that specific import folder.  Viola.  Nothing complicated.  
2019-3-21
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 3-21 08:57
Valid question.  Answer is yes.  The footage is from my Osmo Pocket.  I put the micro sd card onto a regular micro sd reader and I insert it to the filehub.  I'm not using nothing complicated.  Once my phone is connected to the ravpower, I simply read the contents out of the filehub/sd card.  Then I copy the file or files to a phone folder within the FileBrowser.  I am not importing the file to the iphones photo gallery. It is a separate folder I created in FileBrowser.  I can play the file from there, or I open Lumafusion and import the file by going to that specific import folder.  Viola.  Nothing complicated.

The bolded part is relevant. I keep transfering it to my camera roll folder and it may be the reason ios is rejecting it. This is the answer I was looking for. Voila! Thank you!
2019-3-21
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for breaking it down. This is what I needed to know as well. Will definitely test it out tomorrow. I’m hoping this will be the solution to being completely mobile.
2019-3-21
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

tripleburst Posted at 3-21 09:00
The bolded part is relevant. I keep transfering it to my camera roll folder and it may be the reason ios is rejecting it. This is the answer I was looking for. Voila! Thank you!

I am at work right now, but if you need me to check specific steps let me know.  I can check when I get home.  
2019-3-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules