Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
4K/60 import to IOS device for editing
17810 67 2019-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 3-21 09:56
I am at work right now, but if you need me to check specific steps let me know.  I can check when I get home.

Here's one. Where did you put the folder? Just so I can follow this to the letter. Thanks again for your help.
2019-3-21
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

tripleburst Posted at 3-21 10:03
Here's one. Where did you put the folder? Just so I can follow this to the letter. Thanks again for your help.

On FileBrowser, you're presented with 5 icons at the bottom of the app.  If you tap on the "Locations" icon, it will show 2 rows:  Local and Remote.  Under local, I have 3 folders I can go to:  My private files, On My iPhone, And Photo Library.  Choose "on My iPhone."  In there, that's where I created a new folder for my 4k files, but you don't need to.  The "On My iPhone folder" stores everything you save or open via the Filebrowser app, including the downloads from the Ravpower hub, zip files and unzip folders from the internet etc.  You can add folders to keep your files organized within the On My iPhone folder.  In my case, a 4k folder.  Hope this helps.   
2019-3-21
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Once you are able to successfully import the 4k file via the Ravpower and FileBrowser, then you're ready to edit on your iPhone.  I use Lumafusion.  To import the 4k file, create a new project in Lumafusion and then tap on the Sources icon.   Tap on the "Imported" folder icon.  There you will find the 4k files you imported via FileBrowser.  Lumafusion will say that this file may not be compatible in yellow letters across the timeline, but ignore it.  It renders fine and you're able to export it to your iPhone's default Photos folder.  Lumafusion is not my default editor, I use Adobe Premiere but hopefully these steps help you.   
2019-3-21
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

Thanks a bunch @Joemar7 for providing very useful information.

Cheers!
2019-3-21
Use props
KemalB
lvl.2
Turkey

tripleburst Posted at 3-19 13:44
Are you transferring 4K 60fps files? This is the only footage I'm having trouble with everything else is fine.

I transfer 4K 60fps files via Ravpower with no problem.
2019-3-21
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

I tried to follow Joemar’s tips and created a folder using FileBrowser. But when I tried to import in Lumafusion I couldn’t find the folder I created.

What I did find though is actually better. Lumafusion recognized the RavPower Hub as a wireless drive! It asked me to login and and boom! I had access to the SD Card. I just imported the 4K clips and thet were ready to edit.

I’m going to cancel my WD Wireless pro order and just use a spare hard drive with the RavPower hub.

Lumafusion is just an amazing app.

2019-3-21
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tripleburst Posted at 3-21 17:51
I tried to follow Joemar’s tips and created a folder using FileBrowser. But when I tried to import in Lumafusion I couldn’t find the folder I created.

What I did find though is actually better. Lumafusion recognized the RavPower Hub as a wireless drive! It asked me to login and and boom! I had access to the SD Card. I just imported the 4K clips and thet were ready to edit.

That’s awesome!   Just keep in mind that when you’re editing a file directly from the ravpower it may get a little laggy but I’m glad you found a way to import your videos.  
2019-3-22
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Ok, looking in more testing, in FileBrowser, if you tap on the 3-dotted line next to the video file, you will see an option that says Share File.  Tap on Share file and you will be asked to choose an app in your phone.  Choose open with Lumafusion.  Then, after you do this Lumafusion will open up on its own and it will show the video file under the import file folder.  I might've done this step before and I forgot to mention it and maybe that's why you couldn't see the file you created.  My apologies.  Hope it helps.  
2019-3-22
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

When I accessed the SD card it shows all the clips in the DCIM folder and then you can choose which clips you want and Lumafusion actually downloads them to the ipad in a folder it creates (you'll have to go into the Files app and look for the folder in Lumafusion and delete them when you're done).

It pushed my 10.5 Pro to it's limit. I can scrub the clip forward but not in reverse. Not ideal. I'll try it on my iPhone XS Max and see if the A12 chip fares any better.

2019-3-22
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

Received the RavPower FileHub and works just as you guys mentioned. I also did the same set up.

Created a “Files to Edit” in the LumaFusion folder inside native “Files” app.

Fired up FileHub Plus, selected 1 video that’s 4K/60 and hot share. Selected the folder I previously created and it went through.

I did notice that the scrubbing suffered like others mentioned. I also got a notification in LumaFusion when the 4K/60k video is highlighted, “This clip is not fully compatible...”

I’m using an iPad Pro 11 which is pretty much empty at this point since I only store videos that I am looking to edit so I don’t think the scrubbing is a memory issue.
2DD30848-9E61-45FA-A5F9-9929705B8737.png
2019-3-22
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the update @Amadee. At least I won't have to test it with my iPhone as it will have the same trouble with 4K/60 clips seeing as the A12X is getting a workout as well.  I'm still glad we're able to import at all. Without making precise edits (just a few cuts and speed changes here and there) plus adding a music track,  I went through the whole process of making a short movie and encoded and exported in 4K and had no issues.  But if you're editing to the music, I imagine it won't be a smooth process.

Here's the section in the Lumafusion guide about wireless drives.

LumaWireless.JPG
2019-3-22
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

AmaDee Posted at 3-22 08:39
Received the RavPower FileHub and works just as you guys mentioned. I also did the same set up.

Created a “Files to Edit” in the LumaFusion folder inside native “Files” app.

I also have issues scrubbing to the left, but I noticed one thing.  Without any editing, I exported the 4k file in Lumafusion to my iphone's photo folder and reinserted that saved video back to Lumafusion and I am able to scrub to the left.  I think it's something to do with the IOS system working with those native 4k files.  But once I inserted the same file I rendered via Lumafusion, no issues.  The IOS probably made it fully compatible with the rendering.  Again, I don't edit in Lumafusion and I'm not an expert on it.  I only use it for casual edits on my iPhone.  
2019-3-22
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 3-22 09:06
I also have issues scrubbing to the left, but I noticed one thing.  Without any editing, I exported the 4k file in Lumafusion to my iphone's photo folder and reinserted that saved video back to Lumafusion and I am able to scrub to the left.  I think it's something to do with the IOS system working with those native 4k files.  But once I inserted the same file I rendered via Lumafusion, no issues.  The IOS probably made it fully compatible with the rendering.  Again, I don't edit in Lumafusion and I'm not an expert on it.  I only use it for casual edits on my iPhone.

Such a pain to take extra steps but it’s our only solution for now. There shouldn’t be any quality loss if we go through saving it without edit then use that edited file, right?
2019-3-22
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

@Joemar7 just gave me an idea. What if you drop all the needed clips to the timeline and then use the "Optimize and Consolidate" command for the project? Supposedly that makes it more iOS friendly. I'm at work so I can't try this.
2019-3-22
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

tripleburst Posted at 3-22 09:21
@Joemar7 just gave me an idea. What if you drop all the needed clips to the timeline and then use the "Optimize and Consolidate" command for the project? Supposedly that makes it more iOS friendly. I'm at work so I can't try this.
[view_image]

I’ll give it a go later and see how it works. I think I have to test it with multiple clips to really see how it will work.

I only test the scrubbing issue with 1 00:56 sec clip btw and it was already having issues.
2019-3-22
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

tripleburst Posted at 3-22 09:21
[view_image]

So far I tried "Optimize and Consolidate" with only one 4k file and I am able to scrub to the left without any problems.  The yellow IOS message is gone.  This did the trick, however the optimized 4k now is a .mov file after the consolidation.   The original file was in .mp4.  It doesn't really matter since it is an IOS device but for pc, my preferred file ext is .mp4.   
2019-3-22
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 3-22 11:21
So far I tried "Optimize and Consolidate" with only one 4k file and I am able to scrub to the left without any problems.  The yellow IOS message is gone.  This did the trick, however the optimized 4k now is a .mov file after the consolidation.   The original file was in .mp4.  It doesn't really matter since it is an IOS device but for pc, my preferred file ext is .mp4.

Hey thanks for testing this. It doesn't matter to me if it switched the clips to mov as long as lumafusion let's me export as MP4 (or MOV) I'm golden.

This was a very productive thread. Very much appreciate all the input.
2019-3-22
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

tripleburst Posted at 3-22 11:59
Hey thanks for testing this. It doesn't matter to me if it switched the clips to mov as long as lumafusion let's me export as MP4 (or MOV) I'm golden.

This was a very productive thread. Very much appreciate all the input.

No problem!  Let us know if it worked for you.  Good luck!  
2019-3-22
Use props
Ern
lvl.3

United Kingdom

AmaDee Posted at 3-21 08:22
Hey Ern, does ravpower store the files in FileHub? Are you able to transfer files between FileHub to another app like dropbox or iOS Files folder?

Hi
I have only tried to transfer to pinnacle pro - Cant check at the moment either a friend has the camera for a weekend trip away - should be back Monday and will check
I dont see any reason why not though if its in the share sheet it should copy over - the limitation is the photo storage
2019-3-22
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 3-22 11:21
So far I tried "Optimize and Consolidate" with only one 4k file and I am able to scrub to the left without any problems.  The yellow IOS message is gone.  This did the trick, however the optimized 4k now is a .mov file after the consolidation.   The original file was in .mp4.  It doesn't really matter since it is an IOS device but for pc, my preferred file ext is .mp4.

Tried the optimize and consolidate with an 4 files it worked. Scrubbing was working just fine. Just gonna see if I can create an iOS shortcut command to clean up the extra copies made from transferring files around.
2019-3-24
Use props
Ern
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Ern Posted at 3-22 15:31
Hi
I have only tried to transfer to pinnacle pro - Cant check at the moment either a friend has the camera for a weekend trip away - should be back Monday and will check
I dont see any reason why not though if its in the share sheet it should copy over - the limitation is the photo storage

No the ravepower has no inbuilt storage - You could I guess connect an ssd or hard drive to the usb port and copy over files but you may as well get a larger Micro SD to start with
As for copying to other apps - I dont have dropbox but as has been mentioned previously any app on the share sheet seems to work
I was also able to copy to apple files / icloud
I could creat a folder within the ravpower app and copy all the files to iPad and then send them on to other apps from there - Let it copy the files as it takes an age and come back later to do some editing etc
VLC works great to view the files
2019-3-24
Use props
s4nch3z
New
Flight distance : 32933 ft
Netherlands

Thnx all of you for the workaround info.
I now can edit all my pocket files with LumaFusion and my Wifi hub from kingston
Stock of Ravpower equipment is scares in the netherlands so i found the MobileLite-Wireless-G3-PRO on sale for 55 EURO
Now i can import my 4k files straight in lumafusion without using an app. Just import from NETWORK DRIVES and after import in project i optimize and consolidate.
Everything works like a charm on my IPAD PRO 9.7
BUT its a shame THIS is not supported direct for all IOS products.
2019-4-9
Use props
djiuser_QGsi09uX5w72
New

United States

I see the network, but I don't know what credentials to use to login. Everytime I try to login it says invalid password for this server. Any ideas?
2019-6-21
Use props
Skar
New

Czechia

Hello, how is the situation looking two years later? I got the latest M1 iPad Pro and I'm planning to get Pocket 2, edit the videos in LumaFusion.

Can you now transcode the videos 4K60fps using the Mimo App, or simply through microSD card reader? Or, what is the best non-wireless non-cloud solution for importing files from Pocket 2 to LumaFusion?
2021-6-15
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Skar Posted at 6-15 13:18
Hello, how is the situation looking two years later? I got the latest M1 iPad Pro and I'm planning to get Pocket 2, edit the videos in LumaFusion.

Can you now transcode the videos 4K60fps using the Mimo App, or simply through microSD card reader? Or, what is the best non-wireless non-cloud solution for importing files from Pocket 2 to LumaFusion?

When you plug in your reader, it will show under "Files"., Select then share to LumaFusion

Open Files

Open Files
IMG_0219.jpg

Share to LumaFusion

Share to LumaFusion
2021-6-15
Use props
Skar
New

Czechia

Curt1591 Posted at 6-15 16:51
When you plug in your reader, it will show under "Files"., Select then share to LumaFusion

Thanks for the reply. I wish there was a more straightforward way to do it but I realized I'd need some kind of USB C hub to move the videos first on external SSD anyway. Does iPad's Files see .mov files or whatever Osmo/Pocket 2 uses anyway? Or do you need to record in particular format?

Also, have any adapter that comes with microSD card reader and additional USB C port for SSD to recommend? Most of what I've found are questionable Aliexpress clones.

I hope there won't be any events with iPad's Files corrupting the videos when moving them from card reader to exFAT SSD. I read something about that sort of things really happening (because of exFAT, probably), that would have been a nightmare.
2021-6-15
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Skar Posted at 6-15 23:22
Thanks for the reply. I wish there was a more straightforward way to do it but I realized I'd need some kind of USB C hub to move the videos first on external SSD anyway. Does iPad's Files see .mov files or whatever Osmo/Pocket 2 uses anyway? Or do you need to record in particular format?

Also, have any adapter that comes with microSD card reader and additional USB C port for SSD to recommend? Most of what I've found are questionable Aliexpress clones.

I have both a cheap USB to USB-C adapter and an Apple USB-C to USB / HDMI. Both work fine. The only reason I bought the Apple adapter was to watch the free Apple TV subscription on a bigger screen.

It is "recommended" that any drives used with the iPad be formatted macOS Extended journaled. Anything else could be a possible crapshoot.

Since you apparently already have the drive, I would give it a spin with the existing format with unimportant "test" images and videos. Worst case, unless reformatting the SSD is an option,  you will have to offload directly from a card reader to the iPad.
2021-6-16
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

"Does iPad's Files see .mov files or whatever Osmo/Pocket 2 uses anyway? Or do you need to record in particular format?"

I use MP4 as my video format.
2021-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules