DJI ASSISTANT 2 installation blocked
7262 35 2019-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
caesarcooper
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi guys I’m trying to install my DJI Assistant 2 and it gets blocked due to (An administrator has blocked you from running this app.) But all my  administrative applications are open .Dose anyone know why this is happening? please can someone help me.

Thanks Caesar
2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. About this concern. This been already escalated to our developer and they working on it. As of the time being you may use an old version of windows which 7/8 or you may use Mac PC/Laptop. Thank you for your consideration.
2019-3-19
Use props
WY1C
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I had that same problem and if you search on youtube for this there is a guy that shows you how to fix it
2019-3-19
Use props
caesarcooper
lvl.1
Switzerland

MAC DJI Assistant 2 installation failure

Hi guys has anybody been able to install DJI Assistant 2 on there Mac or Pc with windows 10
2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day caesarcooper. I am sorry to now that you are having these issues in installing the DJI Assistant 2 on your PC. Our designated team is aware of this concern and we are currently working on it. As of the moment, if you have a different computer that you can use, I would suggest you try Windows 7 or 8 PC. Again, sorry for all the trouble and I appreciate your patience and support. Thank you.
2019-3-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-19 08:49
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. About this concern. This been already escalated to our developer and they working on it. As of the time being you may use an old version of windows which 7/8 or you may use Mac PC/Laptop. Thank you for your consideration.

DJI Gamora, I'll just express my frustration along with the others. DJI have been aware of this issue for a number of weeks now, and it effectively prevents DJI owners from doing basic functions - updating firmware, calibrating VPS, etc. This is a significant issue, and not one which should need to be resolved by finding another PC with an older (or different) operating system.

It needs to have a high priority for fix within the company, or at least an update as to why this significant delay to repair.

For the sake of the others, there's no need to keep creating new threads on this. Take the time to research existing threads and add your voice to those:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534
2019-3-19
Use props
siopta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1522 ft
United Kingdom

Hey DJI bod, when is this fix coming out please?? This is unacceptable!!!
2019-3-21
Use props
Sawks
lvl.1
United States

there's an updated Assistant 2 out for the Mavic, came out today.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2019-3-21
Use props
yeti_ii
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22618 ft
Germany

Sawks Posted at 3-21 10:52

Hi

does this update solve the problem?
I cant go to this site. It will relink to the german site and  there is the last update from 2018-12-21 (V2.0.6.)

I tried to install dji assistant  on two different win 10 PC. Installation is blocked on both pc.

Yeti
2019-3-21
Use props
djiuser_geJaBJ0V4anq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2349 ft
Italy

same issue here! please do something
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

yeti_ii Posted at 3-21 11:05
Hi

does this update solve the problem?

Hi there, we sorry to hear about the trouble. You can change the language/country/region to United States or English so you can download the updated Assistant 2. But incase you can't, you can download the updated version using this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
If you have any question or concern. Just reply back. Thanks!
2019-3-21
Use props
gren2drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108586 ft
United Kingdom

just updated mine 5 minutes ago with following link which works https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2019-3-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Sawks Posted at 3-21 10:52

Is updated Assistant-2 blessed by Microsoft?   Did DJI finally get a Trusted Certificate from Microsoft for Assisant-2?

Does Assistant-2 install on Windows system without having to disable security enforcement in PC's bios or hack the Windows register or any of other workarounds?
2019-3-21
Use props
Sawks
lvl.1
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-21 12:43
Is updated Assistant-2 blessed by Microsoft?   Did DJI finally get a Trusted Certificate from Microsoft for Assisant-2?

Does Assistant-2 install on Windows system without having to disable security enforcement in PC's bios or hack the Windows register or any of other workarounds?

this version, it's the only way i was going to run it. literally received the RE goggles in the mail when their program started messing up. has been very frustrating....

now i have the goggles activated but my controller stopped speaking to my phone...the frustration continues
2019-3-21
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

yep working now for my mavic 2, how long before we get the update for the air, web site says DJI Assistant 2(Updates discontinued)

Compatible with Mavic Air,Mavic Pro,DJI Goggles and more. still sitting at Windows V1.2.4,,2018-05-16

2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Bryan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1637372 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have problems with the DJI Assistant for the Mavic Pro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2019-3-21
Use props
rjgust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1692005 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is 3/22/19.  There was a release note yesterday saying the the issue with Windows 10 has been resolved.  I can say for a fact that it HAS NOT!  I can't fly my Mavic Air with the controller until I update everything.  When I try to connect the controller to the drone, it just says "confirm frequency?"  Weather you click yes or no, nothing happens.  I have a brick.  And if you tell me to use Windows 7/8 I am going to flip out.  Who in the hell is going to install a different operating system to update their drone?  Please advise.
2019-3-22
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-21 11:50
Hi there, we sorry to hear about the trouble. You can change the language/country/region to United States or English so you can download the updated Assistant 2. But incase you can't, you can download the updated version using this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
If you have any question or concern. Just reply back. Thanks!

DJI Gamora, I can confirm (as reported here and elsewhere) that this version of Ass2 does NOT recognise the Mavic Air. I have to assume that it's for the Mavic 2 line only.

Can you advise when a working version of Ass2 will be available for the Mavic Air please.
2019-3-22
Use props
justauser
New
Flight distance : 34662 ft
United States

Updated to 2.07 latest as instructed, now Assistant cannot recognize drone or controller.
2019-3-23
Use props
justauser
New
United States

Updated to 2.07 latest as instructed, now Assistant cannot recognize drone or controller.  Win10, Avast turned off, 3 diff. cables, reboot everything, still cannot connect
2019-3-23
Use props
justauser
New
United States

OK working now with v1.2.4 for my mavic pro.  No problem loading/installing.  All I had to do is run the compatability checker on the program by clicking on file: run compatability checker: followed instructions: windows 10 fixed it, now running in XP service pack 3 mode. Before had Admin Blocked msg and would not open.  Downloaded/installed 2.07, not realizing that was for Mavic2 only and it would not recognize control or drone. Now working fine. Would have thought DJI people would have tried this. Hopes this helps someone.
2019-3-23
Use props
djiuser_8HyPf8CwFuo4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104833 ft
United States

Tried everything bar creating a faraday cage around the goggles. In the end I connected the laptop to the router with an ethernet cable and turned off the wireless on my laptop and it worked straight away.

Stephen
SkyNinja
2019-3-23
Use props
TwinCityAerial
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1621188 ft
United States

The update does not recognize my Mavic Pro.
2019-3-24
Use props
fans0ae2979e
New
United States

TwinCityAerial Posted at 3-24 18:49
The update does not recognize my Mavic Pro.

The updated version installs properly, thanks.
But it is not finding my Mavic Air drone which connected via USB-C.

See my description here: gist.github.com/lovettchris/425f439b5a1bc087b165f2ebec4b1f05.
2019-3-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans0ae2979e Posted at 3-24 21:43

See post #18. We're waiting on the updated version with a valid root certificate for the MA.
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Punchbuggy Posted at 3-22 17:24
DJI Gamora, I can confirm (as reported here and elsewhere) that this version of Ass2 does NOT recognise the Mavic Air. I have to assume that it's for the Mavic 2 line only.

Can you advise when a working version of Ass2 will be available for the Mavic Air please.

We apologize for some inconvenience, no worries this concern already escalated to our developer and we are waiting for the possible workaround. Thank you for your consideration.
2019-3-25
Use props
william.jacon
lvl.1

Pakistan

you can update your with this link https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2019-3-26
Use props
Hairy Cow Films
lvl.3
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United Kingdom

that'll be a big fat no then - even with the new release. (was run as admin)
2019-3-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

fans0ae2979e Posted at 3-24 21:43

Sounds like it didn't install properly as usual.  One of problems has been Windows security not allowing DJI's un-blessed USB driver to be installed.
2019-3-26
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

william.jacon Posted at 3-26 10:09
you can update your with this link https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

As many people have already pointed out, this version does Not recognise the Mavic Air.
2019-3-26
Use props
william.jacon
lvl.1

Pakistan

Punchbuggy Posted at 3-26 12:58
As many people have already pointed out, this version does Not recognise the Mavic Air.

ok i hvent being keeping my self updated from long. Thnx for info btw
2019-3-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

william.jacon Posted at 3-27 09:56
ok i hvent being keeping my self updated from long. Thnx for info btw

Ass2 v1.2.5 is now available which works for Air.
2019-3-27
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

Hairy Cow Films Posted at 3-26 10:38
[view_image]

that'll be a big fat no then - even with the new release. (was run as admin)

Similar, though not exact same, experience here when installing latest dji assistant 2, v1.2.5. Ran installer as ordinary user (not admin). My prior installed version was also blocked.

The above notifications are:

The file C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Assistant\Services\RemoteController.dll is infected with Gen:Variant.Graftor.558618 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

The file C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Assistant\Services\LightBridge2.dll is infected with Gen:Variant.Graftor.498379 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

The file C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Assistant\Services\DJIRcService.dll is infected with Gen:Variant.Graftor.521586 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

The file C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Assistant\Services\DJIRonin2Service.dll is infected with Gen:Variant.Graftor.530669 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

2019-4-1
Use props
mgham
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33087 ft
United States

Hi Caesar,  This could be a Windows Issue.  even if your Windows login account is administrator privilege, you need to right click on the Icon for Assistant 2 and select "Run as Administrator" .  It should open then.
2019-4-1
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

Go here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1805893 and I hope you will find the solution.
As Punchbuggy  said, it is sad that a repeatedly posted articles happened without searching the forum for same previous posted matters. That's said this is the meaning of the forum. Common problems find common solutions and this community is here to help us. This is a major reason added to my decision to buy the Mavic air and not other drone.
2019-4-2
Use props
Hairy Cow Films
lvl.3
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United Kingdom

StigNygaard Posted at 4-1 02:18
Similar, though not exact same, experience here when installing latest dji assistant 2, v1.2.5. Ran installer as ordinary user (not admin). My prior installed version was also blocked.

[view_image]

This is not good news. I've only recently moved to a Surface Pro and really do not want this machine to go the way of my previous windows laptops (I've been a Mac user for the last 10 years) so I'm pretty strict when it comes to system security.
2019-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules