3552 10 2019-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been using the Smart Controller for nearly a month now and flew at least 20 times without any problems. I also updated the firmware when it came out a little while back.

Yesterday I flew a long mission with the Smart Controller. Today when I tried to synchronize the flight record I noticed there is NO RECORD for yesterday's flight. I have never seen this before. The only thing that I might have done a little different this last time is to shut off the controller while GO4 was still active and I believe connected to the M2P. Usually I do this the other way around, but I really don't think that should make a difference.

Since I track all my flights on AIRDATA (Healthydrones.com) I do synchronize all of these records - hence my surpise of not finding one that should have been there.
Anyone else notices issues with loosing flight records?

2019-3-19
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting observation: It turns out the flight has been recorded but with a bogus date of January 18, 2013 !!  --------- DJI please shed some light on this!! Thanks!!

I will re-test this by turning off the controller prematurely to see if it relates to that. It may be that GO4 upon creating the file initially puts in such a date (weird) and will updated to the correct date when the file is closed and for some reason is unable to correctly finish and close the file -- just a guess.
2019-3-19
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

roamer105 Posted at 3-19 14:00
Interesting observation: It turns out the flight has been recorded but with a bogus date of January 18, 2013 !!  --------- DJI please shed some light on this!! Thanks!!

I will re-test this by turning off the controller prematurely to see if it relates to that. It may be that GO4 upon creating the file initially puts in such a date (weird) and will updated to the correct date when the file is closed and for some reason is unable to correctly finish and close the file -- just a guess.

Others have been reporting that their controller won't hold the current date and gets the date you saw.  Even resetting the time/date has not fixed it for them.

I just powered mine up to check battery level.  The date is showing correctly.  The last time I used it, images had the correct dates.  
2019-3-19
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Yes I also think that incorrect time/date in log is due to incorrect date and time of system. I will try today with mine and disabled wifi.
2019-3-20
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

A question.... does the Smart Controller sync all flights (also the ones from the past) ?
2019-3-20
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Well, I was bitten by this darn DATE BUG:

The date of files that I transferred from the drone to the SC all have the same wrong date.  

They all show

Jan 18, 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This throws off my backup and archiving scheme and is a real pain in the rear.
2019-3-20
Use props
Berimux
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3105896 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I have no records synced at all since I use the Smart Controller..... just found out yesterday. Flew several missions - none of which appear. Have to check for wrong date though... maybe the missing ones apper somwhere in the past......
2019-4-23
Use props
Berimux
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3105896 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Same in my case - SOME (not all....) flights were also recorded with 18.01.2013 - more than half of the flewn missions are just nowhere......strange
2019-4-23
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

More on this isuue here:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-183553-3-1.html

It is anticpated (but not explicitly confrmed by DJI) the (much delayed)  DJIGo 4.3.16 update for Android will fix this .
2019-4-23
Use props
Inspirephil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 502982 ft
United States

Yes I can’t find my flight records after using my smart controller either. I’ve always used AirData to view my flight records with my other devices but now I don’t see any new records from my Smart Controller. Very irritating!
2019-11-3
Use props
djiuser_Vh1o8g8o6P2Y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 811788 ft
United States

I just experienced this with the latest app, on a Mini 2 with up-to-date FW!  (2020_12_12)
2020-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules