DJI Osmo Pocket vs YI4k+ - mounted on car - Which is the Best
1667 4 2019-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

Yesterday I made comparisons of a drive.
For this I have attached the DJI Osmo Pocket and the YI4k + on the car.

I actually expected the result.
Personally, I find the shots with the YI4k + better.
- the bigger WW better
- YI4k+ keeps the direction constant by the fixed mountin
- mounting on the car is easier with the YI4k+ and does not stand out that way

The DJI Pocket I have put on Tild, is actually more suitable for driving than Follow.
Nevertheless, the gimbal lowers slightly in some situations and then gradually compensates for it. This happens when starting off and when changing from downhill to uphill.  You can see that well on the bonnet.

The YI4k+ I have adjusted so that you can see the bonnet a little bit in the picture. It is also very nice to see how clean the EIS (electronic image stabilization) works.

For fixed mounting on the car, the YI4k + is better.
The gimbal of the DJI Osmo Pocket tilts in certain situations
0:08 start
2:20 start
3:19 Change from downhill to uphill

Of course, this applies only to fixed mounting. Filming out of the car is certainly much easier with the Pocket, it is also more flexible in that you can change the direction at any time, for example to change the direction. even once to the side can film. The image quality I think it is the same, I see no significant difference.

My YI4k + proved once again its existence authorization.
I use it also with the Osmo Mobile when I make videos in rooms, for example hotels. In this case sometimes the bigger wide angle of the YI4k+ is better.

2019-3-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi @Udo13, thank you for sharing your comparison to each Product. Well done. Cheers!
2019-3-20
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi Udo.

First off, great comparison.

I've used the Yi for some time and know it very well. It has the ability to capture an amazing picture, although it's completely let down with its audio performance.

I'd say that between the Pocket and the Yi, these are the two best small cameras for pure picture quality and definition. I wouldn't say that one was better than the other with regard video quality and ability, it'd be down to specific shooting scenarios with these cameras as to which one would effectively look better.

The one advantage with the Yi though, is that you can load modified firmware onto it. One of the mods allows for 150Mb/s bit rate for the video in certain resolutions and there's other mods as well.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-3-20
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

Yes I know, some of my collegs do it wir 135 and 150 Mb/s.

The Pocket and also the YI4K+ with these two cameras I almost only film, especially when traveling.
2019-3-20
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

I know it' s unfair to compair - OP has advantage to be small (haha, some make equipment
from OP like Peter Jackson, price climbs $600 or more, weight detto much higher)

I use Yi 4K+ and SJ8 Pro - both 4k/60ps - and never reached by OP - a hohem gimbal.
Similar equipment with SJcam gimbal is € 222 = $ 250 ALL TOGETHER. You also get mic with
USB C (!) connector for these cameras for € 10. There is also a cheap (wrist) remote for video/photo.
Much addons, even underwater case.

2019-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules